Elo equivalent

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Elo equivalent

Postby Letbell » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 pm

The highest elo so far is 3k,
What do you think the mmr would be if it convert to elo system in dota 2?

Dhamma
Treant

Re: Elo equivalent

Postby Dhamma » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:09 am

dota 2 has matchmaking, you just can't compare the two lol
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 am

A better question would be... what's the highest elo achieved by someone who plays only by themselves, i.e. not with any "friends" and only with random teammates. I'd venture a guess it would be about 1800-1900

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 pm

I think i got to around 2100 on my own. It was the first acct i had in dota 1 after taking a few years break, so I didn't have any friends yet lol. After that I made a few and found a few old ones again.

In a way it's easier to get more alo playing alone, because you can switch teams easily to the one with more elo gain.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

MageOfTime
Forest Walker

Postby MageOfTime » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 pm

im 3.2k mmr :D

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:35 pm

divinerape wrote:A better question would be... what's the highest elo achieved by someone who plays only by themselves, i.e. not with any "friends" and only with random teammates. I'd venture a guess it would be about 1800-1900

I think people have gotten a lot higher than 1900 alone, especially the former professional players who played on ENT for some time (I believe there were 2 of them). I would say 2200-2400 top.

But yeah - the current top players don't really count. I've played with them a few times and it's always the 1000 ELO booster accounts on their side who smash the opponents. Several of the top players wouldn't even be above 1500 if they played alone. I think skill-wise, Rained is the best player on the top list right now.

MageOfTime
Forest Walker

Postby MageOfTime » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:24 am

i think the best players on dota 1 are about 4-6kmmr

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:37 am

Nope, professional dota 2 players are 7k+. 5k you could play in some decent tournaments. 4k is the upper range of a casual player.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:
divinerape wrote:A better question would be... what's the highest elo achieved by someone who plays only by themselves, i.e. not with any "friends" and only with random teammates. I'd venture a guess it would be about 1800-1900

I think people have gotten a lot higher than 1900 alone, especially the former professional players who played on ENT for some time (I believe there were 2 of them). I would say 2200-2400 top.

But yeah - the current top players don't really count. I've played with them a few times and it's always the 1000 ELO booster accounts on their side who smash the opponents. Several of the top players wouldn't even be above 1500 if they played alone. I think skill-wise, Rained is the best player on the top list right now.

Skill wise... take meepo away and rained is at best a 1500 player. If that

Plus the 2 best players are easily soju and frank

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:25 am

It still takes skill to play Meepo that well. Plus, he does well even when Meepo is picked first.

You might be right though, I haven't played with either of them.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:47 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:It still takes skill to play Meepo that well. Plus, he does well even when Meepo is picked first.

You might be right though, I haven't played with either of them.

Those 2 bad boys are on a different level lol.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 am

I've played enough with Wreck and Soju to think that they are the top players on here. Frank is very good too. Rained is good, but not as good as them, he's more similar to neel, brando, or a few others.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:39 am

Generally i believe players like jager. frank are around 3-5k mmr not sure exact and they were top players
Also its important that in dota2 rank games if you are with a team (premade team of friends) is usually easier to get the better mmr
instead of playing with randoms so that would also be a part to consider
In dota1 these days any good player can generally carry the whole team unless matched vs another team of highly skilled player as well especially since it is em mode, and pool on skilled players are very diverse

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:21 pm

If they're the top players in ENT then they should be at least 5k. I'm a casual player and I'm 4k.

MakeItRain
Resource Storage

Postby MakeItRain » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 am

LOL damn ent is still active EYY ? I thought everyone quit. It is so good to see you noobs! I've been playing Overwatch and Dota 2 these days. Very cancerous games I must say, spending quality time screaming at teammates on mic O YEE SON. OH and yes Dota 2 is definitely harder as I am stuck at 5k mmr (4900 to be exact). I will quit that game as well with all the shitty updates they made AND mostly because I suck at the game which I realized T-T.

Wrecktify got bored of pwning nubs over and over again and has better things to do.
Shalama still tilted cause I sniped his main 5 months ago LAWL.
Neel will always be awesome and toxic as f.
Mael never cared about you guys just saying, he is awesome all ba him self.
And yes I suck at dota 1 now, haven't played for 3-4 months. But meepo will always be ma homie. 5x 8===D

Thx for yo credits @edgeofchaos, but wrecktify is the best player and always will be at ENT. Soju ? whodat bruh? LOL
Last edited by MakeItRain on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
I guess size ain't everything, eh? Eh!? Ha ha ha AWW IT IS.
7 and a half cut in circumference and 6' 9"

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”