Question about scripting

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Question about scripting

Postby Letbell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Item hotkey script and skills script are very straight forward for the purpose of enjoying Dota.

What about other script such as...
1) Dropping mana items and use soul ring script (I know you can do this manually, but I saw someone in OHS bot who used it during battle instantly.)
2) Auto-blink script/euls/other escaping mechanic. I saw a sniper rushing dagger against a void and automatically blink away against a void who is using lothar. The sniper automatically blink out right after void hit him or use ulti during lothar. No gem/dust/sentry found on sniper and neither of his team buy gem either. Same goes with another game where invoker (same person) automatically used euls on himself against a bara with lothar.
3) Auto-detonate techies's remote bomb. Automatically detonate the # of bomb that deal enough damage to kill the target.

EdgeOfChaos

Re: Question about scripting

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 am

See policy on third party programs. Scripts like these are not allowed. Autohotkey is allowed, since it's not a third party program: it just programs the customkeys file for wc3.
The use of any utility (FCD, maphack, stream sniping, etc.) that gives you an unfair advantage over other players will result in a heavy ban.

bill7907
Forest Walker

Postby bill7907 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:13 pm

It should be treated the same way as maphack ; unfair advantage over other players.

The only problem is that its usage is difficult to prove.
You are right, I played a game a few days ago where a Lucifer had a dagger. He got hit by one of our allies and he was still able to blink ; it basically brakes the game. It was a high ranked elo player as well...

The geomancer's poofs is the most blatant. If you would poof them manually one by one close to an enemy, there is a slight delay. Normally, there will be a slight delay before each geo poofs-in to the enemy. It seems with scripts they all poof-in instantly at the same time.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:08 pm

bill7907 wrote:It should be treated the same way as maphack ; unfair advantage over other players.

The only problem is that its usage is difficult to prove.
You are right, I played a game a few days ago where a Lucifer had a dagger. He got hit by one of our allies and he was still able to blink ; it basically brakes the game. It was a high ranked elo player as well...

The geomancer's poofs is the most blatant. If you would poof them manually one by one close to an enemy, there is a slight delay. Normally, there will be a slight delay before each geo poofs-in to the enemy. It seems with scripts they all poof-in instantly at the same time.

It IS treated same as maphack :D 1year ban.
Feel free to report such things, our dotamods are quite good at detecting 3rd party programms like this :)
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Many techies including myself group our bombs using ctrl + 1 to 0. This allows us to have 10 different mine formation and amounts. This means during a turtle I can have generally 3 groups of mines for each entrance. You can also change the amount of mines by shift select and detonate instantly. As a generally rule of thumb, any good techie will never blow every single bomb as this leaves you open to be tricked by images. If I am going to script, I am going to use an auto force staff and blow up bombs script :P. I dont even think what you are stating could be done due to numerous technical reasons and would cause more issues.

fgfe
Aura Tree

Postby fgfe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

´At least in Dota2 this techies script excists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlfWQ9snYl8

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Or it is just an ally exploding the bomb and it is just a video that is trolling :)

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”