Any way to have a DOTA game with Auto Balance?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Silent-Slim
Basic Tree

Any way to have a DOTA game with Auto Balance?

Postby Silent-Slim » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Hello. Just wondered if it is possible to play an autobalanced game? Like:

[ENT] DotA apem/arem AB # XX

So many people come and go after they do "!scores" because of how stacked one side is. Would be nice if we could have an option of Auto balance based on at least ELO, maybe even K/D ratio. Or at the very least reduce the amount of votes needed from 8 to 4. Not very likely a stacked team will vote to balance the game is it?

Just thinking of ways to improve the experience for the majority of players, and even friends that play together that are competitive, it is just a game after all.

Let me guys know what you think.

Thank you! :D

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: Any way to have a DOTA game with Auto Balance?

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:12 am

just vote for autobalance

chris2smitty
Aura Tree

Postby chris2smitty » Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 am

I tryed to ask for this months ago.. but to no success.... either need to remove !scores command in lobby of public games or host -apemst and -aremst games where teams are shuffled on game start up. Getting sick of stacked games.. theyre boring and not fun

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Fri May 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Well there's a lot of ways that you can auto-balance dota's lobby. However, there are negative impact on this too.

1) Disable !score command in lobby, and make it only works in-game. (This is what Dota void did in their game, but you can still check player's stats from web.)
2) Set bot to automatically balance the scores more or less than 5% margin. (However, if you won't be able to play play with your friends either your score is way too high between your friends and the players that you want to play) - Same thing with shuffling.
3) Meet up with people on discord and play with them.
4) Your last resort: wait 4 minutes in game, and pick meepo. Rush/splitpush/backdooring towers = free elo (if you care more about pixel stats than interaction with other people)
5) Switch to RGC, they takes serious about dota, but then you'll never find a single english-speaker there.
6) Remove elo-base stats and make win % as the main stats. So that people won't freak about elo-stacking, but then again...pre-made team is even scarier than elo-stacking.

I read a post somewhere that pre-made team is even more annoying than elo stackers.
Why? Because you'll be encounter with players who will either pick SD + luna combo, Slardar + Naix, Mag + Troll, and etc. Then you'll be complaining about who pre-made team is rigged and doesn't care about elo-stackers anymore.

Also, pre-made team pick 3/5 supports than stackers player does. All stackers player pick is lc, slark, bara, meepo, and pl. This mean literally that pre-made team will take advantage of the pick and screw your day.

chris2smitty
Aura Tree

Postby chris2smitty » Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 am

Sure you can check stats via webpage but the lobby would fill by the time you typed in 1 or 2 players into web. So therefor invalid.
Is it really that hard host a few -apemst and -aremst games?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm

chris2smitty wrote:Sure you can check stats via webpage but the lobby would fill by the time you typed in 1 or 2 players into web. So therefor invalid.
Is it really that hard host a few -apemst and -aremst games?

The stats are listed...

FearTheMullet
Aura Tree

Postby FearTheMullet » Wed May 10, 2017 5:10 am

Lowering the number of autobalance votes would be nice. I cant think of a single game that has ever been auto balanced due to vote.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am

I have seen a few autobalance games. Personally I think the ban time should be increased for players breaking rules.

chris2smitty
Aura Tree

Postby chris2smitty » Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Rule breaking got nothing to do with stacking players.
It cant be too hard to remove the !sd from lobby in pub games or host either autobalance games or -apemst and -aremst games..

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Autobalance usually isn't very effective in the first place even if it passes. It only looks at elo, which is kind of shit. If you have a high elo, you constantly come across players who are as good as you are but who play on smurf accounts. If the game gets autobalanced, your high score will make you get all the feeders and put you up against the smurfs and the average/above average players.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

chris2smitty wrote:Rule breaking got nothing to do with stacking players.
It cant be too hard to remove the !sd from lobby in pub games or host either autobalance games or -apemst and -aremst games..

it removes more of the bad players making stacking not as effective.

Less bad players would make ENT more appealing. I have played on different hosts now and I will say in some regards some of the players on ENT do dick moves and troll deliberately. I dont mind a bad player who will listen and take advice.

MercwithaMouth
Aura Tree

Postby MercwithaMouth » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 am

less bad players why do you so called 'pros" (who never get paid so you arent pro) try advising those bad players
ya ya ya wah wah not everyone gonna listen but ive had game where instead of helpful advie on a build all ive gotten is what a noob, stupid feeder, game ruinier, also most dota games are filled with just morons bitch picking the most op heros of the game and trying for the best k2d ratio which is 2nd rate retardation compared to tower and rax kills, my K2D sucks but i bet got way more towers than most of you, and dont bother trying to look at my stat score based on this name cause i have shit tons of names for the fact that i dont care about elo or a k2d ratio i play to have fun which is very rare with todays bitchy 'gamer" community

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 pm

I advise many players in how to play dota. Ignorance doesn't make you bad. Breaking rules, ignoring your team, deliberate feeding, makes you bad. Oh and playing like a dick makes you bad. Perfect example, staying in the jungle for 66 minutes straight in a 1 hour and 14 minute game makes you bad.

Silent-Slim
Basic Tree

Postby Silent-Slim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm

You bring up some valid points but is anything being done to make the games more fun for users? I am getting more and more frustrated with clear rule breakers not being punished, stacked games, and in general a bunch of shit talkers. That's gaming for you i guess but we can do better. I like the community here better than on Dota 2 but it doesn't seem like anything is being done to correct/remove these bad apples who break the rules. I know the game is really old, but it's still fun for so many people and they deserve a better game experience. ENT should start looking into making changes, maybe even a membership for profit ($1/month or so nothing too crazy), to be able to expend resources and time on corrections. Paid members might be able to play member only games, fast track ban requests, review other ban requests, etc. A lot of people find this a worthwhile game to play still, let's collectively make it better for everyone.

brent
Resource Storage

Postby brent » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 am

I think reducing the required !votebalance votes (potentially even down to 0 or 1) in addition to removing smurfing from the game is an excellent way to return parity to the game.

Silent-Slim, have a read of my thread on smurfing and I'm curious your thoughts on its impact to the current state of Dota:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120664

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”