1.1k elo games

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

1.1k elo games

Postby tinkertonker » Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 am

Hello,

Is there a way ENT can start hosting a 1.1k and higher elo bots? It would be nice as it would allow higher rated elo players to play games without people coming on with new accounts deliberately trying to ruin the game.

Heck I would even make an effort to get games going if they would actually host a bot for this.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Re: 1.1k elo games

Postby Burnt » Fri May 12, 2017 1:25 pm

support
GOTEM

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm

in a lobby with 4 new accounts right now....

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 am

+1 support

However...I think most people does not care about elo now-a-day.
If ENT admin decided to gives people alias or color name at certain elo; then it will be worth having elo.
But then again, if a lot more people support it.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm

I like the idea and personally wish this can happen ; however ent tried hosting few times on higher dota like ltd 1200+ i believe .
I highly doubt even regular players with higher elo will just join that, and it will slow down the regular games. Alot of new accounts + people play with friends + less players than years before all lead to the fact that this idea probably wont work.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Hmm... true, a pre-made pub team or in-game houses probably the best quality gaming experience that you could get compare to achieving high elo.
I wish they make elo more rewarding somehow so that people actually being reward for receiving elo.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:33 am

High elo/ high skill means nothing when you often have 2-3-4 baddies on your team. I've had to adjust my gameplay significantly from being a good team player to not trusting anyone and playing almost like my teammates don't even exist in order to have any shot at winning a single game. The quality of games lately are the lowest I've ever seen them in over 12 years of playing dota. Something truly does need to be done about this, even 1100 elo wouldn't fix the problem. I would say around 1300+ is where you could expect a decent game.

Here is just one example of a game that is absolutely unwinnable with the skill level of my allies, no matter how hard I try:

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9569166

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 am

Spoiler!
Off topic:
divinerape wrote:Here is just one example of a game that is absolutely unwinnable with the skill level of my allies, no matter how hard I try:

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9569166

No offense to you but honestly you're not any better than them. You want to talk about skill and lack of allies yet you're a bara who doesn't bother to get urn, gets blademail at 36 minutes and your main item was dagon level 5. I've seen so many baras with this mindset where they just lose hope in their allies but at-least they have the decency to keep up a better item build than that. And that's just the items alone.

I took the liberty of watching this replay because I'm sick of dota players who feel like the world revolves around them and that the minute they die, they just lose hope in the game and type !ff... Ring a bell?
(21:54 / Allied) MURDERDEATHKILL: !ff
(21:54 / All) Godmode: [MURDERDEATHKILL] has voted to forfeit.
(21:54 / All) Godmode: 1/5 players on the Scourge/East have voted to forfeit (4/5 needed to pass).
(21:57 / Allied) MURDERDEATHKILL: type ff
(22:02 / Allied) MURDERDEATHKILL: waste of time
^This happened shortly after you charged on an ogre you failed to kill, and looking more in-depth - you charged, started casting ulti then immediately stopped for dagon which allowed him to stun you in the process, causing his allies to close in and kill you. Your team was no where near you because you were aimlessly being cocky and even put your rhasta in harms way, he tried to come help and ended up dying due to your actions.

Anyways, back on-to the replay, I could sit here and nitpick every wrong thing you did but honestly I won't. All I'm gonna say is that I've played with you personally, from before and I know first hand just how much of a team player you can be, but this game all that was thrown out the window and it's disappointing quite frankly, because I admired how calm and supportive you can be, even as a carry. This game just demonstrates how a decent player molds up due to a couple of bad games and becomes just like them.

Anyways, apologize for the off topic. I know this wasn't the point of the topic, and I hope you don't take too much offense to this. You are a decent player but this game.. what you said, just disappointing.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Off topic:
Spoiler!
I'm surprised you watched it, but still failed to actually see anything. It was pretty apparent to me within the first 5 minutes or so how hopeless everyone except rhasta was on my team (he actually tried and was somewhat decent even if unlucky at times). Now to really look at it:
1. Sniper. Not one, not a single one item boosting hp 43 mins in vs a spec and 3 other burst damage heroes + a techies. Completely clueless and non existent as a player. 100% food.
2. Slardar. No comment... didn't even know how to type !ff properly, won't even try to get into anything else about him.
3. Zeus. Completely failed to use the hero's massive early/mid damage in any meaningful way. Did not once use bolt to even attempt to look for mines. Has the right item ideas but the gameplay is completely subpar, too scared to fight etc.
4. Rhasta did fine, with a bit better teammates we could have easily won this

Me trying to ff @ 21 minutes has nothing to do with dying or "failing to kill" anything, I have 0 problems with dying as shown by this game. I would go as far as saying that 90% of my deaths in all games are with the sole purpose of inflicting as much damage as possible to multiple targets regardless if I die or live, just so that my team can win a fight. It does however have everything to do with weighing the skill differential between the two teams and realizing that continuing to play is absolutely pointless. I am also willing to place a little wager that my gameplay of any hero (except geo, only because I refuse to play that faggoty hero) absolutely demolishes your own gameplay of that same hero, 100 out of a 100 times. That being said, and back to the original topic, we do greatly need a bot for higher skilled players because most of these games are nothing but a joke.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 am

"I like the idea and personally wish this can happen ; however ent tried hosting few times on higher dota like ltd 1200+ i believe .
I highly doubt even regular players with higher elo will just join that, and it will slow down the regular games. Alot of new accounts + people play with friends + less players than years before all lead to the fact that this idea probably wont work." Yes, this is prob the answare we will get.
Last edited by matdas on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed off topic

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:15 am

Off topic:
Spoiler!
Ya, mom on naix is soooo awesome. Especially with the low armor he gets (hes maybe the carry with the lowest armor in the game). Use mom, go in, die from autoattacks in 4 secs. Pro. Don't buy armlet, cuz +9 armor sucks lolol.
Also, about dagon on heroes. Its good when u play vs noobs all the time. I have never lost a game where i went dagon on sb, riki, ezalor, wisp, even skeleton king, axe and pit lord. Dagon can work on every hero in shitty pubs. No one invented dagon builds, they were around since the beggining of time for snowballing vs noobs lmao.

1100 bot btw didn't work when the number of ent players was way bigger, won't work now.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 am

Keep to the topic please.

bill7907
Forest Walker

Postby bill7907 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 pm

The idea is definitely good ; matching players with equal skills to create more challenging scenarios.

The technical and ethical problems we will/could encounter:

1) Do we have enough players with ELOS that are higher than 1100 at any current time?
2) How many minutes would we need in order to gather 10 people with ELOS higher than 1100?
3) Does ENT have the server capacity to host additional dota games without affecting the performance of the other hosted games?
4) When we are directing the 1100 ELO players into specific-hosted games, we are also delaying the filling of the standard Dota games that do not have any Elo requirements
5) The idea of dividing the player base between the "standard" players and the "better" players is somehow questionable

We could have done this easily in 2008.
We do have less players playing Warcraft 3 Dota at the current moment compared to 5 or 6 years ago.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”