[LOD Default Mode] MD or SD?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

The default mode you prefer: MD or SD?

-Mds6bod2fn (mirror draft)
43%
-Sds6bod2fn (single draft)
57%

Total votes: 35

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Re: [LOD Default Mode] MD or SD?

Postby pharaoh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:57 am

I voted for sd. Seeing the same builds on each team is boring. It takes away the element of surprise and ruins your reflexes and reactions against your enemy since its easy to predict his build from the drafting phase. Imo, this doesn't help you evolve your game.

Lord-Miles
Plague Treant

Postby Lord-Miles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Peoples just too noobish at Mirror draft , thats what i noticed.

Thats why they like keep playing on sd mode coz its easy.

hagi
Forest Walker

Postby hagi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:38 am

MD lol, skill > randomness

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:39 am

People having hard times making up new builds :D
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 am

Lord-Miles wrote:Peoples just too noobish at Mirror draft , thats what i noticed.

hagi wrote:MD lol, skill > randomness
CheW wrote:People having hard times making up new builds :D

The md voter can be identified by its call that consists of a loud expression of unwarranted superiority complex. It can be found in md games and as such is endangered by imminent habitat loss but won't be missed.

hagi
Forest Walker

Postby hagi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
Lord-Miles wrote:Peoples just too noobish at Mirror draft , thats what i noticed.

The md voter can be identified by its call that consists of a loud expression of unwarranted superiority complex. It can be found in md games and as such is endangered by imminent habitat loss but won't be missed.

Lol way to spew a large amount of gibberish here. You've really added to the quality of this conversation.

terrio
Aura Tree

Postby terrio » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:21 pm

change it to -sd, -md is terrible

_paradoxicaL_
Basic Tree

Postby _paradoxicaL_ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Sylvanas wrote:

exactly superiority complex.. cant find any better words to describe the personas that actually like to play this mode and want it to stay.
imho this is really boring.. people having same drafts.. if one guy screws up its most likely game is over since the other team will over take and know how to counter enemy team, its like playing chess, if i wanted to play chess like game, id go play reg dota on captain mode zzz lod -sd is what makes this original and imba , remember omgdota? thats the whole point of lod

hagi
Forest Walker

Postby hagi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:58 pm

God forbid you use your brain a little bit lol...

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 pm

_paradoxicaL_ wrote:
exactly superiority complex.. cant find any better words to describe the personas that actually like to play this mode and want it to stay.
imho this is really boring.. people having same drafts.. if one guy screws up its most likely game is over since the other team will over take and know how to counter enemy team, its like playing chess, if i wanted to play chess like game, id go play reg dota on captain mode zzz lod -sd is what makes this original and imba , remember omgdota? thats the whole point of lod

So wanting a balanced game is superiority complex?
MAGA

Happiness
Aura Tree

Postby Happiness » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm

I think it depends on how people thinks it makes it more balanced..
Watch them fall off the sky.. it's beautiful but scary

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Happiness wrote:I think it depends on how people thinks it makes it more balanced..

Agreed. Being fully random is fair because both sides have exact same possibility to get a "better" pool than the other. But having identical heroes to pick is also fair which is self-explanatory. That's why I care more about being able to switch modes in lobby (like normal dota) than picking a default mode lol.
GOTEM

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 am

Happiness wrote:I think it depends on how people thinks it makes it more balanced..

How would making each team have the exact same pools not be balanced?
MAGA

Happiness
Aura Tree

Postby Happiness » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:00 am

Ok enough i want to ask you some questions On which circunstances have you noticed a more balanced game after md was introduced pretty much by just you?
@) when both team have almost same elo and one disconnects due to bot spikes? Games fucked up okay this one can happen on sd too but less likely to have a fucked up game because other team will know what do thw enemy team.has
B) when there are no leavers and one of the competent
teammates gets ganked first and outleveled by far is going to be real hard to catch up afte team ganks continues, in sd this would happen too but most likely to do a comeback due to more variety to counter the opossing team
C) when both teams actually do good and they completely know what they are doing you get a good game which would be like 1 out of 50 aproximately from what im seeing on the stats page.

All these options are just ideas, and i believe these are the most common, without having to mention that the 75% of the games either scourge or sentinel is already a stacked team. On sd this would happen too but would definetively have more chances to win even if leaver, even if no arms ( ihategooks) which is what used to have fun at least from my point of view, also you @chew how many games have you lost since md was introduced anyway?
Watch them fall off the sky.. it's beautiful but scary

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Lets see. I haven't seen any games where 1 team gets 3 zeus MC and the other team gets nothing. I haven't seen any games where there are 4 wolves on 1 team. I haven't seen 3 rearm phant vs no rearm at all. All the reasons you listed are the same problems in SD. Sometimes people do so bad that they ruin the game, happened then adn still happens now. I don't know why you think Elo matters because most people make multiple accounts and just smurf. I see some even make two forum accounts. I enjoy this mode because playing anti stack against premades is much easier, as you can win with skill and not have to have an uphill battle vs a better draft. I still lose around the same amount of games, maybe a little bit more because I actually will play vs a 3+ player premade with noobs on my team.
MAGA

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”