[LOD Default Mode] MD or SD?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

The default mode you prefer: MD or SD?

-Mds6bod2fn (mirror draft)
43%
-Sds6bod2fn (single draft)
57%

Total votes: 35

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: [LOD Default Mode] MD or SD?

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 pm

CheW wrote:Lets see. I haven't seen any games where 1 team gets 3 zeus MC and the other team gets nothing. I haven't seen any games where there are 4 wolves on 1 team. I haven't seen 3 rearm phant vs no rearm at all. All the reasons you listed are the same problems in SD. Sometimes people do so bad that they ruin the game, happened then adn still happens now. I don't know why you think Elo matters because most people make multiple accounts and just smurf. I see some even make two forum accounts. I enjoy this mode because playing anti stack against premades is much easier, as you can win with skill and not have to have an uphill battle vs a better draft. I still lose around the same amount of games, maybe a little bit more because I actually will play vs a 3+ player premade with noobs on my team.

Previous 5 games:

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9518463
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9518173
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9511933
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9511871
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9511798

Smurfs allies (1 or 2 per game, not counting ren.k/flowersnow):

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/jewbacca/ 4.4 kdr, 4 games
https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/flowerpower/ 4.2 kdr, 13 games
https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/gotem/ 4 kdr, 13 games
https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/syst3m4/ 13 kdr, 1 game

Remind me, when did you become the living embodiment of preventing stack in games? Because you know, you're the problem. Does md and having full knowledge and control of who gets what heroes and skills help the odds of the poor fuckers you and ren.k get your elo from, when you're filling the other team with smurfs? Keep praising that md balance, I wish you luck on your quest to make every game fair and enjoyable.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 pm

So 5 games represents all my games? I only play with 1 of the people you have listed. You can look at all my games without flowersnow and a majority of them are anti stack. Maybe people on this thread should stop whining about having an even mode and start playing better. Almost all the people against it are low skilled players that have to rely on draft 90% of the time to win.
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 pm

CheW wrote:So 5 games represents all my games? I only play with 1 of the people you have listed. You can look at all my games without flowersnow and a majority of them are anti stack. Maybe people on this thread should stop whining about having an even mode and start playing better. Almost all the people against it are low skilled players that have to rely on draft 90% of the time to win.

They represent the last 5 games before you made those claims. Because I knew I'd find them, because I know there's always been a lot of them, because I could see them in the games list, back when I still played lod because it hadn't turned into shit yet.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 pm

So you checked all my other accounts too? And the 5 before that, without flowersnow, that are all against higher elo? I'm still waiting for a substantive argument from anyone that is opposed to MD.
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21 pm

CheW wrote:So you checked all my other accounts too? And the 5 before that, without flowersnow, that are all against higher elo? I'm still waiting for a substantive argument from anyone that is opposed to MD.

It's been done, it just flew over your head as you repeated "balance" ad nauseum. There are plenty of balanced maps nobody hosts. Popularity is what determines what gets hosted. It's what killed sd, rd and non-em entirely.

For the last time, like I've said before, the majority of people don't want to sacrifice variety for balance. Even if single games aren't balanced, multiple games do even out in the end and that's good enough if it means every game is going to offer different situations to deal with. Md already starts out boring and it'll chase away more and more people away as the novelty fades out and every game continues feeling the same. If you don't have something to prove in every single game, you should be willing to be at a disadvantage in one game in exchange for being at an advantage in another one if it means things will be more interesting both times either way.

Oh and no, I didn't check your undoubtedly innumerable other accounts that I'm sure you've made in the pursuit of not exploiting the flawed elo system in your crusade for balance. Sorry.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21 pm

why even mention flowersnow? he sucks lol

I'll give u him sylv
GOTEM

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:28 pm

So there is no variety in having 20 heroes to choose from? 20 heroes gives you around 80 different skills that you choose 6 from. Seems to be a lot of combos you can go. I'm still waiting for your majority of players to come here and tell us they don't want balance for variety. As you've pointed out, a majority of players don't use the forums. Or are you talking to the majority of people in your 1 game of MD where you complained for the entirety of the game? I've seen a few people say they don't like it, but I've had just as much, if not more, tell me they like MD better. But we should definitely listen to the opinion of the person who has played a total of 1 MD game. And I would much rather be at no advantage and no disadvantage for each game. Getting an OP draft where you know you can 1v5 an entire team is no fun and leads to 15 minute games where half the game has been spent drafting.
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:55 pm

CheW wrote:So there is no variety in having 20 heroes to choose from? 20 heroes gives you around 80 different skills that you choose 6 from. Seems to be a lot of combos you can go. I'm still waiting for your majority of players to come here and tell us they don't want balance for variety. As you've pointed out, a majority of players don't use the forums. Or are you talking to the majority of people in your 1 game of MD where you complained for the entirety of the game? I've seen a few people say they don't like it, but I've had just as much, if not more, tell me they like MD better. But we should definitely listen to the opinion of the person who has played a total of 1 MD game. And I would much rather be at no advantage and no disadvantage for each game. Getting an OP draft where you know you can 1v5 an entire team is no fun and leads to 15 minute games where half the game has been spent drafting.

Oh please, we both know people always essentially pick the same shit. Every draft basically goes down a mental checklist until the best available core build is found. When two people get the same draft, they often come to the same conclusion. I've had confirmation of it from people who are continuing to play despite disagreeing with the change. I'm sure there are a lot of those.

Like I also said, you guys could put up 2 bots for a while and see which wins. I'm confident sd will. From glancing at ongoing games, it already looks like lod is being played less now. And that's just the new boring, imagine what the old, stale boring will do.

Happiness
Aura Tree

Postby Happiness » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:34 am

CheW wrote: I see some even make two forum accounts.

I know what you mean, and i have no doubts that all you moderators are the same on this matter
Watch them fall off the sky.. it's beautiful but scary

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:24 am

That's weird because I rarely have the same skills as my same draft across from me. Maybe 1/4 games we have an almost identical build, but for the most part (and you would know this if you actually played it) the skill choices are actually broadening. But I'm done trying to get you to make a valid argument. You've obviously learned more about MD in your single game than all other people here. Even if they change MD back, I'll still be happy for the weeks I've had not losing to complete trash only because they have better RNG.
MAGA

Hoitas
Basic Tree

Postby Hoitas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Well there are certain builds people just pick because they are good, and if the other team surely has the potential to have a rearm/phantasm you get hated for not picking it at times. I think I see about the same number of "interesting" drafts then before, but I sure feel more pressure to pick the imba ones if you have them from teammates. And yes, I think it's harder to surprise your enemy with completely stupid builds now, which I always loved best.

I also like the idea of having both modes hosted for a while and judging from how many people play which mode, for that would also include choices of people who do not visit these forums. Perhaps also add a notice that says "we'll see until date X and then pick a mode for sure" or something like that.

terrio
Aura Tree

Postby terrio » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:52 pm

md just kills the originality from the game, its like playing 5vs5 with same heroes on both teams, it forces you to play most op combos from your draft because you know that someone from other team will do it 100%

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm

terrio wrote:md just kills the originality from the game, its like playing 5vs5 with same heroes on both teams, it forces you to play most op combos from your draft because you know that someone from other team will do it 100%

Orrr, instead of picking the imba combo, if you are 100% sure your enemy will, just pick a counter to it and own him.

terrio
Aura Tree

Postby terrio » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:12 pm

pharaoh wrote:
terrio wrote:md just kills the originality from the game, its like playing 5vs5 with same heroes on both teams, it forces you to play most op combos from your draft because you know that someone from other team will do it 100%

Orrr, instead of picking the imba combo, if you are 100% sure your enemy will, just pick a counter to it and own him.

still forces you to pick specific combo

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:02 pm

terrio wrote:still forces you to pick specific combo

If you try to win, yes. The same applies to sd tho
GOTEM

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”