New ELO Ranking System

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
NotYacapo
Forest Walker

New ELO Ranking System

Postby NotYacapo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 am

Okay I propose a theory that I think will go over well with the W3 DotA community. Implement a ranking system where each player starts at 1000 base ELO, and for each win you get 25-50 added to you ELO and for each loss you lose 25-50 ELO. Here's the tiers for each rank.

Bronze Anything Below 700
Silver 700-999
Gold 1000-1299
Platinum 1300-1599
Diamond 1600-1899
Master 1900-2199
Grandmaster 2200-2500
Top 10 The Top 10 people in ELO

So you start at 1000 base ELO and you gain anywhere from 25-50 ELO per game for each win or lose 25-50 ELO for each loss. Also make this to where you can only be matched with people 1 tier above and below, so lets say I just start out and I'm at 1000 ELO, I'll only play with Silvers and Platinums. Let's say I was a Diamond I'll only play with Plats and Masters and ofcourse Diamonds too.

Also to tell what people are you should be able to use the command !stats and it will tell you there rank, also I think people should have it in there names, for example - (Grandmaster) NotYacapo: hehe xd or (Diamond) NotYacapo: lul stfu pleb

and for the Top 10 people it will show what number they are on the list so there names will appear as - (6) NotYacapo: need help bot plz

I think adding this will let people feel accomplished and add more competitive play and fair matches because people will be paired with similar ELO.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Re: New ELO Ranking System

Postby Burnt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:10 am

(1) Burnt: lul stfu pleb
GOTEM

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Ithink this looks like a good idea but the 25-50 elo doesnt make a difference, same elo gain/loss but with the implementation of silver,gold,etc would look nice and probably increase competitive games. !support

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 pm

How would the matchmaking function within b.net's context? How easy do you think it is to form a game with 10 players with 1600 elo and above? What about those top 10 players, who somehow have to find nine 2200+ elo players just to play a game? I hope those who pass the dreaded 1600 elo checkpoint are content with the fact they'll probably never be able to play a game again.

staalseminstaal
Aura Tree

Postby staalseminstaal » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:47 am

This system is stolen directly from Heroes Arena, a gaming app for mobile phones. It does not work well at all and is extremely arbitrary and does nothing to separate players from each other on actual skill (i.e. smurfing is still prevelant), and as mentioned above getting a match when you're one of the top ranks takes hours. Literally all the same problems of ruiners etc. all still exist within this ranking system, it won't solve any problems.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49 am

staalseminstaal wrote:This system is stolen directly from Heroes Arena, a gaming app for mobile phones. It does not work well at all and is extremely arbitrary and does nothing to separate players from each other on actual skill (i.e. smurfing is still prevelant), and as mentioned above getting a match when you're one of the top ranks takes hours. Literally all the same problems of ruiners etc. all still exist within this ranking system, it won't solve any problems.

*Cough* play with people you trust, not strangers *cough*
If you want to solo your way up, prepare to encounter smurfs and ruiners *cough, cough*'

Actual skills required to play dota that I learned from playing dota
1) Knows your hero
2) Position and timing is always the key to success. (Everytime someone pick axe, my team push mindlessly and always asked to themselves "How did we lose that push?" AXE BRO, HE HAD DAGGER! AXE!)
3) Ward plx

Things that I learned from pubs, but not useful
1) GET HUGE KDR BY KS EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM
2) SOLO FARM ALL DAYS
3) BLAME YOUR TEAM WHEN YOU DIED
4) PROCLAIM URSELF AS A PRO AND LOSE BY BLAMING UR TEAM
5) MEMES

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”