Lod Xmark Rearm

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Bann the cobo Xmark + Rearm

Poll ended at Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Yes
71%
NO
29%

Total votes: 7

shark420
Resource Storage

Lod Xmark Rearm

Postby shark420 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:47 pm

I wanted ask this question and diskus posible add to list of banned combos.

Well i heared many times that this combo is baned, so i looked http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :DotARules
Aperently it isnt. So i wanted to start a discusion to add this to a list.

Why i want it to be added??? Well if you know the mod LOD inthe Defence of the ancients u will understand how op is this combo. Basicly a zeus rearm.

Most used variation that is probbly most OP is Rearm Xmark Phantasm. With items like difusal and manta this is ridicusly strong combo, well its not a big deal Lod is about it, but Xmark makes it ridiculous. U cant hurt the caster, u can make a tanker of him because he doesnt need any mana, so globals are mostly no use on him, there is no way to stop him that whould anyway stop his rain of terror. Once he gets items its just jumping over the map poping 5 imges that are strong as original and autoatack push the base most of the time killing the defencers just from luck as he does ton of dmg. X mark auto teleports him on the spot where he used it and that is ususaly on the fountain area constantly regenerating hp/mp and just fly for a sec on the map and back leaving a no room to actualy kill this bastard.

Who knows this game, knows that its basiclly GG soon as he gets port boots and lvl 8.
1 from 5 strongest builds of the game is granted imortality and only hope is to end before that. I know its posible to winn sometimes, when u got good team and finish first or have 2x zeus mc in team, but well how much that happens.

So i ask Admins to add this combo to Baned combo list and restrict it from ruining games. Listed combos in the Dota lod rules are no way op as this one is.

Also i ask Comunity to suport this post and idea of banning this combo to help decide admins in its favor.

Thank for reading ;)

Here is small link if u want to see how the combo work and u can find a easy way or a way to stop it in game. https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9543805 Purple on mid has it.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Re: Lod Xmark Rearm

Postby Burnt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm

the problem is phantasm. Rearm+phant needs a ban before rearm+xmark
GOTEM

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

You can hurt the caster. Just have to kill before he x marks. Or x mark him.

They also don't ban skills because they are OP.
MAGA

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:04 am

CheW wrote:You can hurt the caster. Just have to kill before he x marks. Or x mark him.

How can u x mark or determine someone is the real from 5 copies and dont forget he xmarked from base so he will stay for sec. And also basicli u say u need 2 same skiled guys to have the pool with x mark and pick it. So this whould make it must pick in each game. But what if u got that draft on noob that happens alot. U need to be able to disable somthing without the skill u need to pick.

So u say
1, its easy to wait sneak on port rearm boots guy with 5 img and kill him in 1-2 sec u have. Dont forget its mostly str heroes who are picked or items with hp like manta skady silver.
2, its basic for noobs pick a certain skill so they can stop this combo and know who to target and wait him somewhere on lane. Dont forget if he is farmed and gets linken its gg for this option. So team is screwed if a noobs just noobs Oh and if u say u can cast 2 times on same guy to 1 disable linken yea if ur speedy gonzales and have some super mouse, hot keys, and awsome reflexex Shure u can :roll:
3, having global not interapteble 1-2 sec jump in no way to OP

As i said, if such lame combos as too much mana burn or rearm flame gurd are banned this is must ban. Rearm has 3 sec cd anyway and takes lots of mana. But x mark doesnt need to be casted again so u dont need to rearm it.

Burnt wrote:the problem is phantasm. Rearm+phant needs a ban before rearm+xmark

Well i know what u say but thats not the problem, there is a tons of ways to deal with that build, if u got a time.
1, stuns
2, aoe spels
3, splash

Maibe its hard but not imposible. What we discus is just plain and simple Kill basicli a tanker who teleports over map, creats 5 imgs strong as him and soon as the imges spawn he is back to base.
1, there is no way to disable Xmark except as Chew said nother x mark on him that ports him back. Good luck on that with global porter with 5 body gurds in 1-2 sec where he 1 sec is inmortal due to cast phantasm and manta
2, there is litle to no time to deal so much dmg as he will have hp and alot of it. U whould need a caster with zero cast and anymation or one hiter with big crit over 2 k that they will have too so rest of the team can lick their as none will stand a chance in any way to help and only hold the push of they can kill atleast 1 from 5 imges of pure farm pusher.

So all i ask is to ban a globall, that has almost same result as rearm zeus. U cant kill someone who sits in base and spawns 5 other guys to fight for him, and u cant do nothing to prevent him.

Well if u dont want bann rearm x mark Bann it with combination with Phantasm. These 3 are just lame build.
In the game i posted as normal as it is to. Elo 3vs26 picked this combo. Its very lame as this bot starts too loose players with the md there is even no chance that u get better draft than the stucked team and the pro team knows what u got and picks acording to it. So the result is aways the same. Bigger stucker wins :P Not that im that crybaby, but the result is always same so solo players loose interest and the games takes alot longer to get full. Im just a average player , maibe litle better than the half, im used to play against stucks no big deal, but when u.
1, Implement MD (For pros who can pick its like have a hack)-MD ads so big advantage to good players O_O
2, Have stucked teams 4 from 5 times
3, Have a such build as rearm phantasm x mark (that is imposible to kill with good team, not to mention with bad one)

This is the reason i ask for banning this combo.

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:07 am

CheW wrote:You can hurt the caster. Just have to kill before he x marks. Or x mark him.

Just wanted this separetly.

Rearm Phantasm is OP

Rearm Phantam Xmark is nother league :shock:

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:15 am

I read a little of what you wrote. But this is the answer you are going to get. "We do not ban ovpowered spells, only glitches"
MAGA

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 am

lolol go lod site and bug resq and dracolich for new map. They prolly have time once dota6.88 is finished this summer
GOTEM

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Its funny after so long i learn that the rule got implemented :P Where is me credit :D

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 pm

CheW wrote:I read a little of what you wrote. But this is the answer you are going to get. "We do not ban ovpowered spells, only glitches"

:mrgreen:

LoD specific ban-able glitches:

Ember Spirit's Flame Guard in combination with Tinker's Rearm: Purposely stacking damage.
Ember Spirit's Sleight of Fist in combination with Rikimaru's Permanent invisibility: Does not reveal upon casting.
Rikimaru's Permanent Invisibility: Intentionally refusing auto-attack.
Anti-Mage's Mana Break may not be skilled on melee heroes: Dealing twice the damage and mana burn.
Rearm may no longer be used in combination with either of the following spells: X Marks the Spot, Teleportation, Sanity's Eclipse and Phantasm.

Note: These glitches are merely listed for awareness. Any other glitched spell or combination is still subject to banning under the General Rules.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:55 pm

these combos were added to the ban list after mapmaker disabled them in the new map after lots of lod players complained about them. Even tho the new map isn't compatible with the latest War3 version, we made good effort to include game-breaking combos such as rearm+phantasm to the ban list. Game experience is definitely better now!
These users thanked the author Burnt for the post:
shark420 (Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:06 am)
GOTEM

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 am

Well rearm phanta was strong so was eclipse, but they were dealeble with :D Eclipse was hard to master and get the team to suport it, i will miss it, others not . I hated phantasm there was no fun playing it. U basicly farm and click down and up :P

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”