Question about rules

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
pharaoh
Armored Tree

Question about rules

Postby pharaoh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm

If a teammate goes for trollish build, tries to !ff before 10 mins and then states clearly that he doesn't care about winning but only for his kd, is it enough to votekick him from the said game?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Question about rules

Postby FalenGa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:55 pm

First of all, you need to define what you refer to as "trollish". What you perceive as trollish, others consider it a valid build.

Forfeiting the game is irrelevant if the player continues playing normally, unless the game is actually forfeited.

And finally, playing for KDR and not for ELO is, again, not a valid reason for a votekick.

To sum it all up, the only time you are allowed to make use of the votekick option, is when someone is clearly game ruining by breaking one of our rules. Not when you think a build is bad, not when a player is doing bad, not when you want to make a game 4v4.

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Not trying to win isn't the very definition of throwing? Letting your teammates die in order not to risk your own death isn't game ruining behavior?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:22 pm

There is a huge difference between not trying to win and not caring if you win or lose.

People choose to engage in poor situations, not thinking ahead. If there is nothing you can do, why go in and die as well?

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:07 am

Very touchy subject. I guess it would depend on individual behavior. You can spot those KD players from a mile away.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:38 pm

divinerape wrote:Very touchy subject. I guess it would depend on individual behavior. You can spot those KD players from a mile away.

It really is case by case. Some people are simply "careful" players and despite the fact someone put KDR as 1st priority, it doesn't mean they don't help the team. Because each time a hero dies, the enemy gets gold and experience while this hero loses experience and gold waiting to revive. And if the KDR player is not dying, he's not supplying experience and gold to the enemy. So if a player is doing great KDR early, he is definitely shifting the balance of the game. However, there are also plenty of players who just sits and watch while teammates die and they would only engage to KS or chase down mostly dead heroes.

But to be honest, my major issue with trollers are farmers. There is just absolutely no excuse for a teammate to go farming when towers are being taken down and teammates are being tower rushed. I mean, I know it will be denied, but I would love to post a suggestion to ban all early neutraling. It is especially painful to watch when your teammates pick heroes like Axe and/or Naix who are excellent early game heroes and they waste their early game in the jungles. Not joking about Naix. People stereotype him as a late game, but he is one of the few all-rounded heroes. With just boots + poison orb, with lvl 1 slow and other abilities, he can easily get 1-2 kills before level 6 with a partner in lane.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:49 am

nitromon wrote:
divinerape wrote:Very touchy subject. I guess it would depend on individual behavior. You can spot those KD players from a mile away.

It really is case by case. Some people are simply "careful" players and despite the fact someone put KDR as 1st priority, it doesn't mean they don't help the team. Because each time a hero dies, the enemy gets gold and experience while this hero loses experience and gold waiting to revive. And if the KDR player is not dying, he's not supplying experience and gold to the enemy. So if a player is doing great KDR early, he is definitely shifting the balance of the game. However, there are also plenty of players who just sits and watch while teammates die and they would only engage to KS or chase down mostly dead heroes.

But to be honest, my major issue with trollers are farmers. There is just absolutely no excuse for a teammate to go farming when towers are being taken down and teammates are being tower rushed. I mean, I know it will be denied, but I would love to post a suggestion to ban all early neutraling. It is especially painful to watch when your teammates pick heroes like Axe and/or Naix who are excellent early game heroes and they waste their early game in the jungles. Not joking about Naix. People stereotype him as a late game, but he is one of the few all-rounded heroes. With just boots + poison orb, with lvl 1 slow and other abilities, he can easily get 1-2 kills before level 6 with a partner in lane.

I agree with you on naix. Strong early damage, magical immunity, a good slow, lifesteal. Naix is EASY to lane with. In my honest opinion, the only 3 heroes that SHOULD be jungled are 1. LC 100%, 2. Syllabear, 3. Chen. Any other hero needs to lane 100%

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:19 am

Naix doesn't have enough mana to get consistent early kills in lane. Wounds+rage is best used when unexpectedly coming out of the jungle from fog, not to mention it lets other people gain more exp. There are more than 3 good junglers.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”