Pubs players tend to do better in random mode compare to all pick mode?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Pubs players tend to do better in random mode compare to all pick mode?

Postby Letbell » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 am

70% of most of my random games where I encounter people who had extremely low elo do better in their gaming than in all picks.

This is what I've seen what people who had high numbers of game, and having low elo. I noticed that their assist ratio is higher the most, and least deaths. However, most of them seem to know what they're doing. If they land a support heroes, they immediately go straight support items for their hard carries; such as forcestaff, dagger, drum, vlad, rod of atos, medallion of courage, mek and etc.

Whereas high elo players tend to fall a bit in their gaming, and especially in the mid-game where they played too aggressive alone or someone on their team doesn't play support, and they tend to blaming each other players. Whenever a high elo got randomed with a support heroes; for some reason, they kept avoiding support items such as (Forcestaff, dagger, and rod of atos) - These 3 are the major cores for most supports heroes and they do really well against all types of match ups.

I thought players with higher elo would do well, because they tend to have a better skill gap than low elo players. Whereas, low elo players would do poorly because mostly likely to have lower expectation.
However, this is contradict what I've previous thought about elo players; feeder, noob picks, and doesn't know what they're doing. Apparently, they do actually have more experiences in executing strategy compared to higher elo players, and they tend to have a better gaming experiences in dota.

This is what I've seen in random mode, but compared to all pick mode; they seem to be lacking their gaming for some reason.

divinerape

Re: Pubs players tend to do better in random mode compare to all pick mode?

Postby divinerape » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 am

Higher elo players tend to play carry heroes in allpick. In allradnom, sometimes they might not get a carry hero and tend to do worse with other heroes because they are used to playing carry. That might have alot to do with it. I random about 85% in allpick but still like to play it over allrandom because of the option to repick and pick a better suited hero for the game. There are about 5-6 heroes that I'm simply not good with mostly because I find their play style strange so they just don't work for me.

Quentin
Treant

Postby Quentin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 pm

I am not sure how many games did you play or where did you see that but I do not think that low elo players are playing better in arem.
It is true that in all pick, some low elo players are picking carry heroes and fail ... And in random mode, they can random a support hero and play it.

I think that there are 2 kind of low elo players:
(1) players that do not care about stats and play often against stack and lose often. They are fine, but have low elo because they lose lots of game. They can do well, no matter the mode ...
(2) players that are terrible and make their team lose. They will do bad, no matter the mode ...

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 pm

I don't play apem, but when I see the results of apem games, the carry concentration is pretty crazy. There's a slark and lc in like half the games, along with tons of snipers, sa's and so on. The main motivation of people playing them seems to be to avoid playing support altogether. Not a good thing if the player is bad.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:00 pm

A true pro plays same hero for 5.7K games

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/pl ... ster_pain/
GOTEM

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:21 pm

That player like Jakiro alot, lol. I need to add him and pick Jakiro before him, wonder what hero he pick then.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Burnt wrote:A true pro plays same hero for 5.7K games

Jakiro... That's original. 5700 games of anything except jakiro sounds good to me.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Burnt (Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am)

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 am

The most disturbing thing is his build. Always the same. Veil, aghs and then bm skadi lmfao. But he starts flaming his team from minute 2, so he proly is rly pro (I strongly recommend that you read his chat, its hilarious). If i remember well, when others pick jakiro, he goes on a rampage and then picks like lich and goes exactly the same build :lol:

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Veil, Agha nice items for Jakiro, works well on lich to =)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:19 pm

pharaoh wrote:The most disturbing thing is his build. Always the same. Veil, aghs and then bm skadi lmfao. But he starts flaming his team from minute 2, so he proly is rly pro (I strongly recommend that you read his chat, its hilarious). If i remember well, when others pick jakiro, he goes on a rampage and then picks like lich and goes exactly the same build :lol:

veil to make enemy weak, aghs to amplify ult damage, bm for tank, skadi for max slows, and criticizing team to make team better! he's a true pro and a role model
GOTEM

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:58 pm

pharaoh wrote:

The most disturbing thing is his build. Always the same. Veil, aghs and then bm skadi lmfao. But he starts flaming his team from minute 2, so he proly is rly pro (I strongly recommend that you read his chat, its hilarious). If i remember well, when others pick jakiro, he goes on a rampage and then picks like lich and goes exactly the same build :lol:

I saw a linken's while going through his game trying to find a non-jakiro game (did not find one) but yeah, he mostly sticks to the same stuff. Lich makes a lot of sense as a replacement for someone who plays Jakiro every game with those items. Personally I'd rather play Lich. Maybe I should go ahead and play lich 5700 times.

Edit: There's a couple shivas, a couple sheep sticks. I even saw him making a force staff once, alas he did not complete it.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Sylvanas wrote:Lich makes a lot of sense as a replacement for someone who plays Jakiro every game with those items. Personally I'd rather play Lich. Maybe I should go ahead and play lich 5700 times.

Well in my opinion Lich can't replace Jakiro coz he has only ice but no fire skills, most importantly he's not a dragon
GOTEM

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Burnt wrote:Well in my opinion Lich can't replace Jakiro coz he has only ice but no fire skills, most importantly he's not a dragon
It is known, khaleesi :lol:

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Master pain is a huge troll, he always cries and b*tches at his team, can be hard to play with.
Another one that can be hard to play with is shi7688, solo player, likes to troll his own team

There are a few more players who only pick the same hero over and over.

yourmomsfatass aka mjaddict - > husk , i think picks slar if someone takes husk
jupiter(r)69 - > spec - could pick lc if someone takes, also a solo player
b.e.a.s.t -> abadon
g.o.d. - > ursa (huge troll via solo play all game)
Jesusiscoming (i think or something similar) - > CK
reconcile - > geo , will leave the game if the opposite team picks him first, in hopes someone else leaves and game draws

But back on the topic..... AR does have a better player base. It takes more skill to be able to play more different heroes, as it makes you more adaptable to situations, and thus teamplay. I used to play ar all the time back in the day, but now i'm an AP whore noob. I wouldn't have as high kd in ar, but i would have been a better player, at least in some ways. Now my hero pool is too low to play ar well.

But there is a time and a place for ap. I would say one need to play ap to learn some heros. Like voker, arc, geo, a few others. Especially voker, probably the highest learning curve.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:00 pm

shalama wrote:There are a few more players who only pick the same hero over and over.

yourmomsfatass aka mjaddict - > husk , i think picks slar if someone takes husk
jupiter(r)69 - > spec - could pick lc if someone takes, also a solo player
b.e.a.s.t -> abadon
g.o.d. - > ursa (huge troll via solo play all game)
Jesusiscoming (i think or something similar) - > CK
reconcile - > geo , will leave the game if the opposite team picks him first, in hopes someone else leaves and game draws

You forgot a troll picker. https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/player/farotpar/

Best troll I've ever seen. Based on team and enemy lineups, he adapts his item selection accordingly - sometimes shiva, sometimes dagon+veil, sometimes refresher.
GOTEM

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”