Sylla radi fountain camp??

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
stewingbeef
Aura Tree

Sylla radi fountain camp??

Postby stewingbeef » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:07 am

I've seen this so many times and it infuriates the hell out of me. Sylla straight farming radiance then sitting in fountain and moving bear around map. Why is this strat allowed D:
In a world of peaches, my johnny, do not ask for applesauce.

divinerape

Re: Sylla radi fountain camp??

Postby divinerape » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 am

Mostly because 9 out of 10 times it fails. The 1 time is from when the person's team is strong enough to win 4v5. So I personally don't mind, it's almost a guaranteed win when someone on the enemy team decides to try to pull off this "genius" strat

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 pm

Agreed, this is a terrible strat

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:30 pm

It's definitely a terrible strat. you should always rush dagon 5 on bear and keep hero in fountain. Best way to bump your kdr!
These users thanked the author Burnt for the post:
newbiewithcarry (Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:22 am)
GOTEM

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 pm

I personally rush 2 necronomicon on sylla and push the hell out of the opposite team.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:35 am

Well it is allowed to go radianace and stay in fountain and use bear only. So why not go dagon5 instead? Go ap, pick Sylla, get dagon5, stay in fountain. Just make sure you defend rax etc. After a few guys doing this for a while we might change the rules =)

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:55 am

meh I rather put dagon 5 on a bird tbh.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:12 am

tinkertonker wrote:meh I rather put dagon 5 on a bird tbh.

Future dota games will be fought with birds and bears while everyone stays in the safety of fountains. It's just too fucking dangerous out there.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Merex (Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

You never build items without examining your opponents and the flow of the game.

Radiance bear is not just meant to run the bear into the enemy and dagon them for easy kill. In fact, majority of the time, radiance bear's main threat to the opponent is harassment and push.

First, you rush the radiance. The next item you need is not dagon, but BoT. With BoT, you can then control the lanes, much like Furion or Tinker. But you can't just run in the lane and sit there, the enemy will respond and radiance does take some time to kill the creeps in comparison to straight dps by heroes. So you have to redirect creeps from lanes, push them past towers etc... When you see danger coming... use the "return" ability back to fountain, and when ready immediately tp to another lane. That's the bear's best ability, you control all 3 lanes forcing the enemy to defend, allowing your teammates to either push another lane or farm.

You can also harass heroes. You don't necessarily need to kill them. If you can get a kill, great! But you cannot risk losing the bear, that's a lot of gold for the enemy. With the bear's own ability + BoT, he moves quite fast. The radiance has a pretty large AOE, just keep the edge of the aoe on the enemy if they're range.. you harass and force them to return to fountain to heal. If they're healing, they're not leveling or creeping gold, it sets them back. If you're in danger, again, use the return function and then tp right back into the battlefield when ready.

If your enemy has enough slows or stuns, they can kill the bear. If that's the case, you might want to consider a BM. However, I almost never get BM b/c the bear is only tanky early, lategame it is not useful. You can get a Book and use the necromons to harass the enemy if they attack you. If they have invisible heroes you'll going to need it. I've done it many times, using the necromons to harass and manaburn an archer hero wacking my bear. Their hp drops to 50% and they start running away, then the hunted bear becomes the hunter and I start chasing them down.

In a team fight, the bear is one big distraction. Pretty much in every game I've played this strategy, people want to kill the bear. Probably because I harass too much. But even without BM, the bear is elusive b/c of his movement speed with BoT and his ability. I initiate fights by just bluntly run the bear into a crowd of enemies and just run away and let them chase. While they do that, my teammates pick them off.

You almost always never need more than level 1 dagon until much later. You do need a level 1 dagon after BoT b/c it is a clean up item. But after that you really have to decide what the game demands. Invisible heroes, demand Book. I've also gone with Shiva or Guinsoo even to support the team. It really all depends on how the game is played out. If the game is heavily in your favor, then you can skip those additionals and just level the dagon to 5. But always remember, your main task is pushing and harassment, control the lanes.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:24 pm

When someone picks Sylla on apem, it means I usually counterpick with Wind and grab an early Atos.
It's disgusting how quickly you can shred the bear with shackle into atos into another shackle and atos combo, all while Focus Fire-ing the crap out of the bear. It's free food. The bear radiance strategy never works against any coordinated team.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 am

WolfPackMama wrote: The bear radiance strategy never works against any coordinated team.

Well, in fairness... no strategy really works against a "coordinated" team, right? :lol:

It is the DOTA fundamental rule #1: Teamplay wins the game. ;)

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”