tombs vs mines

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: tombs vs mines

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:11 pm

any hero can force your team into a 4vs5. I dont see whats wrong with a hero that has a low cd aoe stun and several aoe high damage attacks.

You can use remotes every 10 seconds. That is about 550 damage or so every 10 seconds, as an aoe... Realistically you will use 2 maybe 3 at the most during a fight. Third one is generally used to pick off a runner. Remotes can also be used as an excellent harass due to the bomb and cast range. We are excellent at countering slarks and meepos. You can still use bombs to hit slark while he is in his ult, as well as statis will go off on him in his ult.

Before techies were nerfed we had a 6 second aoe stun. Now it is only 4 or so, but still, four seconds when the cd is only like 6 seconds or so? You can easily lock down a hero for 8 seconds no problem. 12 seconds if you have your sheep stick or euls. Sniper and SK are really the only heroes that are a pain in the ass...

So many heroes work wonders with techies, Mag, Pudge, Sniper, LC, etc.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:11 pm

tinkertonker wrote:any hero can force your team into a 4vs5.

This is definitely the best counter-argument to my post. I tried so hard and failed to think of a comeback to this rofl
GOTEM

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 am

This is the sole reason why people hate techies

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/9823884/

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 am

pretty much lols ... thats the main reason why people go "repick techies" everytime they see one

I had fun convincing someone otherwise :P https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9822624 - Not my best game, but definitely had fun considering we were 5vs4 after bara disced

If i recall correctly, this one was also damn funny https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9744814 (and yes i was on my way of making mjollnir xD mjollnir/skadi on techies is so damn funny - besides all the dmg from mines, you also get to be an autoattack nub hero, which most people ignore cuz "its techies, he doens't deal any dmg" ... better look again :D )

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:37 pm

There is nothing wrong with techies. Some people play him very wrong though

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm

tinkertonker wrote:This is the sole reason why people hate techies

Because that guy went 1-10? People go 1-10 on every hero all the time. Not that I disagree with techies being bad news in a team overall.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:49 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
tinkertonker wrote:This is the sole reason why people hate techies

Because that guy went 1-10? People go 1-10 on every hero all the time. Not that I disagree with techies being bad news in a team overall.

True but most ppl sees techies as a bad hero due to the continous fails throughout time xd thats why lately once u go techies, its almost "gg techies,we lose" or if u random it they simply tell u to repick, failing to understand the potencial behind it

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 am

No, it was how he played techies...

I can tell how good a player is generally by the items he gets at the start of a game. Techies has pretty much only 1 starting build that branches out into 2-3 building paths. If you deviate or do anything other than these builds you are not a very good techies. Period.

If you leave burn marks on the ground, you are a shit techies. Period.

If you bomb in bad locations, you are a shit techies. Period.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:51 pm

No one has answered if this is allowed or not

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:55 pm

yes it was already answered from the first reply. it is allowed, tomb is the best spell for dirge and has long countdown. the cd to waste it for techies mine is optional. this isnt a problem , tinkertonker

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”