Underrated Pub Heroes

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Re: Underrated Pub Heroes

Postby WolfPackMama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Tested it, it doesn't work. I think it's because both are buff placers from Slow Poison, much like Venomancer's slow poison won't work if he acquires Skadi. DK's area slow is a completely different ability than skadi, based on Frost Breath (Same thing Wyrms have in melee games).
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

nitromon
Treant

Re: Underrated Pub Heroes

Postby nitromon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 am

WolfPackMama wrote:I just don't get why people build Skadi on winter when it doesn't work during Arctic Burn, and you'll rarely get as close to as 400 range to attack someone to poke them during lategame and risk yourself out.

I have not checked it in the recent version. However, I did check it in previous versions and they do stack. You'll see 2 different buff icons. But also, skadi is important for him not just for the slow, but the increase in stats for IAS, HP, mana, etc...

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Like with other longrange such as sniper, that can be really effective, but it dies to good initiators. No need to crawl through Arctic Burn to get to them when you can blink attack as a Tiny or something.

I never have this problem with WW for some reason. I can try the WW build on sniper and see if it is as effective. Sniper does need DPS to be effective lategame against big carries and tanks. Arctic burn's 6% HP damage (much like naix's) is a tank killer, so essentially he doesn't need DPS as much as sniper does and can get IAS/tank items earlier.

However, I think the main reason it works better for WW, is because the arctic burn range is significantly longer than sniper's attack, so he essentially as a support, hides in the back in the fog and only uses it when his teammates engage. He needs the vision from them anyways. But also, he gets pretty tanky lategame with sny + skadi + butterfly... and in trouble, heals himself. I never initiate with his ult, b/c most times with your teammates in front attacking, his nuke + arctic is enough to cause severe damage, saving the ult for important times such as when a tiny blinks to you or you need to take out their main disabler. But if he is getting wacked early by blinkers, that's when BM or lothar can be helpful.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”