1000+, 1000- or 800+ ELO DotA Bots

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
CharlesT
Aura Tree

1000+, 1000- or 800+ ELO DotA Bots

Postby CharlesT » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:29 pm

I saw a topic discussing 1.1K+,- bots and I like the idea. The 1.1K+ bot might take to long to fill though. 1K above and 1K below bots might be more effective because each bot would fill eventually(or at least I hope they would).

Even having just one bot but making it 800+ ELO would diminish the presence of throwers in games. When a 500 ELO player is in the lobby the game never starts anyway because no one wants to play with someone that bad on their team and no one wants to play against them because they won't get as many ELO points. Making the DotA bots 800+ ELO would force new and below average skill players to just make new accounts every now and then in order to stay within the 800-1000 ELO range.

I know that making the DotA bots 800+ would raise the average ELO superficially but in my experience most high ELO players play on smurf accounts most of time which makes most accounts 800-1200 ELO anyway.

Thoughts?,
-CharlesT

divinerape

Re: 1000+, 1000- or 800+ ELO DotA Bots

Postby divinerape » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm at a point where I'd wait 15-20 minutes if I had to for a 1200+ game. Sick beyond belief of scrubs everywhere, all the time

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:14 pm

So you make a new account, join either 1000+ or 1000-, since they both apparently accept new accounts. Let's say you win your first game, next you have to join 1000+ with the other pros. This time you lose more elo than you just won in the first game, which dictates you have to join the shitter game. Apparently that's what average players will be experiencing over and over, just switching from one bot to the other depending on how well they've been doing in their past few games. I don't really get it, do people want new elo-restricted bots just for the sake of it now?

The 800+ one is even more ridiculous. So they give you this score system, except after a while of being a random ass below average player and reaching a specific low, you're kindly asked to get lost. Except in reality it's cool, you're also free to just make a new account and we can all collectively pretend nothing happened and you never really existed anyway. This way the fine folks don't drop their monocles when they see you join games. Honestly, I'd much rather play with a player like megatron than with some guy who has an average kdr of 0.1 after 3 games. Maybe instead people should get some common sense instead of just looking at elo. The elo system works if people just stick to their god damn account. Encouraging more people to create new ones because that's what a lot of other people are already doing is just making everything even worse. At that point it would just be a completely meaningless system of haphazardly throwing random elo gains and losses at a bunch of disposable accounts.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 am

Please use the search function. There have been so many suggestions like this in the past few years.... And the answer is always the same: there aren't enough players to support another bot. The players base is at an all time low, and the trend will continue.

CharlesT wrote: When a 500 ELO player is in the lobby the game never starts anyway because no one wants to play with someone that bad on their team

Your statement needs to be changed to "pu$$y players don't want to play with them". My friends and I would always choose to play with the lowest elo players. It makes the game more interesting. What's the fun of just rolling over the other team? Those games are boring as hell.

Besides, what do you care about elo? I haven't seen you play on any acct with more than 20-40 games in the recent times.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

CharlesT
Aura Tree

Postby CharlesT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Sylvanas wrote: do people want new elo-restricted bots just for the sake of it now?.

Not for the sake of it but to possibly create more balanced and fun games. 1000+ generally experienced and 1000+ generally newer players could have their own games.

Sylvanas wrote: The elo system works if people just stick to their god damn account. Encouraging more people to create new ones because that's what a lot of other people are already doing is just making everything even worse. At that point it would just be a completely meaningless system of haphazardly throwing random elo gains and losses at a bunch of disposable accounts.

I agree with you about the 800+ bot blatantly ignoring new and bad players but at some point there are people that throw deliberately to create low elo accounts. I've known people that do this. Maybe make the bots 600+ to eliminate throwers? How bad can players be at a game that's been around for 13 years? I'm not buying it... Also, a vast majority of the accounts I see join games are somewhat new already. I don't think it makes much of a difference whether or not people are playing on accounts that have 0 or 100 games played either.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:34 pm

If you're looking for high skill games, come play w us in ENT's Dota In-house League :D. Just post a thread in the DIHL subforum with your discord and useast.battle.net username and we'll be in touch. Games are typically hosted 5-11PM PST and the average ELO is probably around 1650.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:23 pm

CharlesT wrote:Even having just one bot but making it 800+ ELO would diminish the presence of throwers in games. When a 500 ELO player is in the lobby the game never starts anyway because no one wants to play with someone that bad on their team and no one wants to play against them because they won't get as many ELO points.

800- players would have no games to play coz there won't be enough of them. Then guess what? They will eb forced to create brand new 1000 elo accounts with no stats and secretly come to your "pro games" lmfao
GOTEM

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 pm

only way dota here will ever get better is if ent focus on buying out the other competition (dotavoid, ohs, etc.)
just like how dotacash crashed and everyone moved to ent. once you have bigger playerbase then u can think about higher elo bots.
until something like this happens dota ent will still be stuck how it is.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 pm

CharlesT wrote:there are people that throw deliberately to create low elo accounts

That's a myth. Can you link me to one of those precious trophy low elo accounts that make everyone jealous?

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:08 am

Sylvanas wrote:
CharlesT wrote:there are people that throw deliberately to create low elo accounts

That's a myth. Can you link me to one of those precious trophy low elo accounts that make everyone jealous?

i don't think there are a lot of people that do this. Probably very few. But I know a player who used to have a top 10 acct (it got erased for inactivity a few times) who has a 700ish elo throwing acct. I wont blow his spot to say who it is tho.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Uhmm... I'm not sure if this is revelant, but Dota Void bot used to have 1.2k elo bot. However, they shut it down, because everyone hate 6.85m map and move to ENT.

Anyway, the point is they have their own queue system which allow players to queue different mode (used to be)
So, I'm guessing if we want to fill up the game quickly. ENT probably should implement a auto-queue system.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm

DV's bot have far better features than ent... I actually like new map on certain heroes and play there at times. Invoker is the most fun hero to play and he shines on that map.

But I doubt ent would implement such a queue feature, they aren't up to making changes that require a lot of work anymore.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Well, ENT could do it...but they need "resources".

Either way, there won't be any those kind of bots since we already have DIHL, and there's no reason for ENT to put more effort into those.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Letbell wrote:Well, ENT could do it...but they need "resources".

Either way, there won't be any those kind of bots since we already have DIHL, and there's no reason for ENT to put more effort into those.

DIHL though is a completely different style of play (one I personally don't like, because it's not fun).

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”