Is this really WC3 dota's Potential?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
divinerape

Re: Is this really WC3 dota's Potential?

Postby divinerape » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 am

BiLyA wrote:
KingKar wrote:and the best player is probably hakabuu. mostly because this guy only plays solo arem (high respect to top players earned there elo like this)
and obviously this only means for pub matches. dihl is different

EdgeOfChaos wrote:> and the best player is probably hakabuu
Yeah sure, some random 1900 is definitely better than people who have played dota professionally for 10+ years...

1. This Hakabuu is so pro that his akasha managed to go 0-4 solo mid vs a troll. Feeding to a solo troll when u have blink LUL

2. ent players with 10+ year as pros? LUL even if i was 12 i wouldn't believe such bs. No one here has ever played, even as a sub, in a pro team.

2. I got one for ya brother man. While it's not a pro team (it's a CAL team, pro dota didn't exist but it did within 6 months after), 90% of these guys were the best dota players in their time and still would be if they were active.

http://www.legit-proof.com/team/42076

for bonus points note the unbeaten record.
that 1-1 was bs the 1 was awarded to the other team because we didn't have enough people that showed up to play on that day
and the last 1-0 loss is bs too, i wasn't involved in the team anymore but there is no freaking shot in hell that "langley high" would have ever beaten that team

also, this got me remembering the good times

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/tommyva ... t=3&page=1

this (and other similar tournaments after that time) started the whole dota "pro" business

I'm somewhere in there lmao. Oh, we were young 10 yrs ago.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:22 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Anyways if you're looking at AR/AREM only players, this guy: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=Marcass is a lot better than the other person you linked.

2. ent players with 10+ year as pros? LUL even if i was 12 i wouldn't believe such bs. No one here has ever played, even as a sub, in a pro team.

Maybe not anymore. There were one or two before.

Not at all. Marcass almost never plays alone.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 am

Burnt wrote:so he uses the network you pay for and has disconnection issues. he prolly does need to find a new provider that doesn't suck. maybe he needs to find a new roommate too.

Yeah you're right. Can you be my new room-mate? :)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm

that sounds gay
GOTEM

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 pm

divinerape wrote:Not at all. Marcass almost never plays alone.

At times, he also has his clan mates on the opposite team. Who happen to do poorly those games ;) ;) ;) ;)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Swap to -arem.
Whenever I "wish up" for a hero that I didn't random in a long time, occasionally I'll go for one -apem game, and immediately get a game which always, without exceptions includes most of these chars:
Slark, Legion Commander, Geomancer, Sniper, Bara.
You cannot miss, really. There'll be all of them in every game. People are well familiar with the fact that all of these chars are broken in their own way and that game isn't getting any updates anymore, and will of course pick them just to boost up their KDA.
Honestly, I'm more impressed if I see a good Wind/Thrall/Visage with 1.0 KRD then I'll ever be impressed by a 10.0 KDR from Slark/Legion pickers.

In arem, at least you get a fair shot.
This is so accurate tho:
"3. 80% of players can't carry to save their life (BUT ALSO WON'T SWAP CARRY WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT... WTF)"
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:11 pm

"3. 80% of players can't carry to save their life (BUT ALSO WON'T SWAP CARRY WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT... WTF)"

thats because you need to know how to ask for it. having nice stats also helps when your teammate is deciding if they can depend on you to win the game. This is where most of the problem comes, if your not good stats, your teammate wont trust you. this is why some of you dont get swapped at all.

i usually always get the hero i want in arem, even when im using a smurf account. sometimes i dont even want the carry hero, when people random pub stomping heroes like bane/oracle/shred(most of these noobs dont like playing these) i will take it all the time.
and of course you might have players that dont swap because they dont care about winning, these are game ruiners mostly outside of north america.
europeantrash, uswestgarbage. you all know who these people are.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Honestly I've been trying AREM and it's far worse than APEM in terms of stacking and noobs ruining. In APEM, maybe 10-15% of games are heavily stacked, in AREM it seems to be more like 30-40%. Not only that, some of em are *really* heavy stacks, in the 25+ range.

It seems that no one wants to swap to me, for real. Maybe I'm not asking "nicely" enough or something, but yesterday alone..
- Teammate randoms Meepo. He never played it before. I ask to swap over and over, *he swaps with SOMEONE ELSE* who has never played the hero before. Meepo proceeds to fuck his item build up and feed repeatedly. Great work team, so much better than swapping me who mains meepo. Game is a slaughter. https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10040056
- Teammate 700 ELO randoms Faceless Void. Ask for swap repeatedly, don't get it. As guessed, Chrono is used exclusively for KS, often killing an ally or two with it. Game lost in 15 minutes. Can't find statspage, probably a good thing, never want to see something that sad again.

If you do something like this, please delete system32.

Also been seeing a lot of nice builds like Vanguard on ranged heroes, level 5 dagon built before boots, etc.
Overall AREM games have been extremely low quality with very common players who are too stupid to carry. Then there are 2-3 really skilled players who everyone stacks with, then smack down noobs.

Also seen a lot of absolutely pathetic play with OP heroes. Slark players feeding (as if it's not the easiest op hero in the world), Meepos who autoattack into Cleave, LCs who feed duels. For example.. never knew Doom autoattack counters Meepo: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10040920

Extra bonus: there are MAC players in arem who drop like 5% of their games, insta-ruined.

Account for reference: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=Dota_bot

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 am

That's also another topic of people having a very specific mindset about certain heroes. In 95% of the cases, if a player randoms one of these: Visage, Wisp, Oracle, Lanaya, Goblin Shredder, Chen ...; they will very likely either spam -swapall or -repick the said hero instantly. Most of these heroes belong in the "very high tier" of skill required to properly execute a hero, and players simply do not have the necessary skills to play these characters.
That being said, when people random a Void, Slark, Geomancer or other usual pub stomping hero, they will have seen already a LOT of games where these heroes have single handily won the game. They know these heroes belong in mid-range tier, and they will try to recreate the scenario, often with disastrous results.

There's a fine line between having a "good" hero, and having a "good" skillset. Good hero can only be good so far, while a good skillset can outplay even the worst of match-ups to your favor.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 am

The worst is people repicking when you're asking for swap. imo the repick command should automatically give your hero to whoever is trying to swap for it.

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 am

Agree that is also very annoying . The only problem with that is when someone randoms techie(Assuming your a good player). Your gonna want to repick him just to get that hero out, even if someone wants to play techies.
The pub techies problem has been since the beginning , and there's nothing u can do but hope he doesn't get picked.
Yeah there may be some useful techs there, but from experience u shouldnt take the chances. Repick, get a decent 5 man hero team. And play with your best teamwork.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 am

True about techies. Techies should be a hero you deal with (repicked into), not one you play on purpose. Some people can play him much better than others, but at the end of the day it's best not having him at all.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Guys guys guys....there's a very simple solution to all of this....

Join ENT's Dota In-house League :D

...where games are almost always even, everyone is 1300+ ELO, teamplay abounds, and broken heroes get banned every game.

Interested? Find out more here: viewforum.php?f=181

Terms and conditions may apply....

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Make the game mode -cm and I might consider playing. -cd is really retarded for an organized league and removes almost any thought process from the pick/ban phase. Its all about who gets the first pick and most op hero with no counters in a small hero pool.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Most everyone in dihl is open to playing cm mode if it’s proposed in game lobby. Overall, things are pretty flexible with the goal of making things fun for everyone.

Though won’t cm mode result in the same heroes being played every game?

P.s. Marcass is hands down #1 ent player. #2 is prolly some guy named my style but he rages 24 7

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”