Is this really WC3 dota's Potential?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Bobchi
Aura Tree

Is this really WC3 dota's Potential?

Postby Bobchi » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:06 am

Describing my experience begining to play a game of ENT dota:

I join the game which witch was 8/10 full.. On scourge there was the stacking team which everyone knows if more "relatively unskilled" players join on sentinel, It will be a blowout match for Scourge and a smashing loss for Sentinel. While this idea is being realized in the meantime The game is even not filling and everyone is waiting for what is described to actually happen.

And can we admit that because the way this whole show is ran as i described above (I.e the stacking and waiting for "relatively unskilled" to join and good players who join are leaving and wait times). Is atleast partly to blame for the fact that the games arent filling up quickly.

I would just like to say ENT youre running a sh*tshow of WC3 Dota and I think the experience can be much better.

This post is not taylored to be personal, This is in thought of the whole WC3 Dota experience for everyone.

Frank
Forest Walker

Re: Is this really WC3 dota's Potential?

Postby Frank » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:27 am

You had this revelation now? Like 10 years late id say.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:09 am

1) Learn Slark, Geomancer, or Arc Warden. Or any other hero made to carry pubs.
2) Make a fresh 1000 ELO account
3) Join a game and go against the stack side
4) Win anyways because no one can counter the pubstomper heroes
If we get enough people spanking stacks, eventually we'll discourage people from doing it. And you can even get a pretty high ELO if you're good enough at it. I usually just never swap teams, and I get enough games against stacks.
Bonus points if you beat an opposing Slark/Geomancer/Arc

High quality stack spankings:
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9876409
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9875836
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9984806 BONUS POINTS: beat a 1500 elo slark
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9900816 Super support sniper

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:18 am

@edgeofchaos if your games consist of all apem , nobody will take your stats seriously.
and if you need to depend on a specific hero to win, your already a noob.
90% of the top players are high elo because of the trick u mentioned.

id say most of the real remaining top players are scattered in bba(some are in top players rank)
and the best player is probably hakabuu. mostly because this guy only plays solo arem (high respect to top players earned there elo like this)
and obviously this only means for pub matches. dihl is different

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:27 am

KingKar wrote:@edgeofchaos if your games consist of all apem , nobody will take your stats seriously.
and if you need to depend on a specific hero to win, your already a noob.
90% of the top players are high elo because of the trick u mentioned.

id say most of the real remaining top players are scattered in bba(some are in top players rank)
and the best player is probably hakabuu. mostly because this guy only plays solo arem (high respect to top players earned there elo like this)

I've switched to ar lately (for the most part). I've noticed 3 things:
1. my kdr has dropped slightly
2. I'm also having a lot more fun
3. 80% of players can't carry to save their life (BUT ALSO WON'T SWAP CARRY WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT... WTF)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:33 am

I don't stack, but I do check for ruiners. There is just no way I'm going to play on a team with some guy and 1-10 kdr. I'd switch team or just leave for another one.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:37 pm

> edgeofchaos if your games consist of all apem , nobody will take your stats seriously.
Taking dota 1 stats seriously in 2017 LOL.
This game is already mostly dead, why would you take it seriously?

> and the best player is probably hakabuu
Yeah sure, some random 1900 is definitely better than people who have played dota professionally for 10+ years...

> I've switched to ar lately (for the most part). I've noticed 3 things:
I may try AR. I suppose then you don't see just the same 3 heroes every game.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:07 pm

LOL this thread is so funny. People taking seriously a game that's almost dead.

But yea, if you see a stack, grow some balls and snip them. I'd much rather play with bad players and have a challenging game than just roll the other team. But stats don't mean that much either, picks are more important. I've had 25+ elo games were my team had bad stats, but because my team picked well it was an easy game. Also you can have "good stats" players choose a bunch of carries, get out picked and lose. The second scenario is actually very common.

"most of the real remaining top players are scattered in bba" <-------------- this is just a joke, XD. I've never seen so many dodgers and wussies in one group since HDZ
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 pm

KingKar wrote:and the best player is probably hakabuu. mostly because this guy only plays solo arem (high respect to top players earned there elo like this)

EdgeOfChaos wrote:> and the best player is probably hakabuu
Yeah sure, some random 1900 is definitely better than people who have played dota professionally for 10+ years...

1. This Hakabuu is so pro that his akasha managed to go 0-4 solo mid vs a troll. Feeding to a solo troll when u have blink LUL

2. ent players with 10+ year as pros? LUL even if i was 12 i wouldn't believe such bs. No one here has ever played, even as a sub, in a pro team.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

divinerape wrote:I've switched to ar lately (for the most part). I've noticed 3 things:
1. my kdr has dropped slightly
2. I'm also having a lot more fun
3. 80% of players can't carry to save their life (BUT ALSO WON'T SWAP CARRY WHEN YOU ASK FOR IT... WTF)

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I may try AR. I suppose then you don't see just the same 3 heroes every game.

Lmfao how can you guys stand cancerous apem game until now. I switched to ar like years ago and finally switched to lod cuz even arem is so cancerous
These users thanked the author Burnt for the post:
Desire (Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm)
GOTEM

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Anyways if you're looking at AR/AREM only players, this guy: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=Marcass is a lot better than the other person you linked.

2. ent players with 10+ year as pros? LUL even if i was 12 i wouldn't believe such bs. No one here has ever played, even as a sub, in a pro team.

Maybe not anymore. There were one or two before.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm

From my perspective, when someone refer an individual "pro & skilled". It basically comes down to this:

1) Knows the hero's play-style and roles
2) Read situation & communicate
3) Learn from mistakes and move on

In pub games; this is where you're expected to run into inexperience team-mates, but that's alright, because you get your chance to practice certain hero picks that suit with your play-style & enhance your awareness in certain situation. In contrast to inhouse game and etc, this is where you used what you learned in pub, and you may as well run into better "skilled" players that you've never encounter before. They'll probably knows the hero that you're using better than you playing it, and their form of communication is quick and accurate, and when they don't really are whether how much you're good at. In the end, it's all about either you win or lose.

Another thing is that -em mode is what ruined the dota experience for most players (usually experience players, because they cannot full-fill the mistakes that being done by his team-mates.) Sure, the mode allowed certain heroes that comes online as quickly than others. That's why most match that I've been playing is no one pick fully support hero that enhance the early game.

Last thing is that inexperience players don't learn from their mistake, they simply wanted to have fun (that's where -em mode is there for). Remember, dota is a team-game, and no matter how much you're "skilled & pro" you are, you cannot full-fill all the mistake that being done by your team-mate.

A really good example from League of legend (sorry it's kinda irrelevant from dota, but it's to show why no matter how good you are, you can't correct your team's mistake) I know this is from the scene of what pro-gaming is and not irrelevant to pub game, but it's all the same.

- SKT T1 lost their S7 World Championship thanks to his "new roster" team-mate ruining every moment that could've make a great comeback. Due to the leaving (marin & bengi - top and jungler) of the team after their 3rd winning World Title. Faker literally trying to carry the team, but their new roaster doesn't work too well with faker (playing high risk strat)

PS: I probably being too serious about game like this.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:51 pm

These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Burnt (Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 pm)

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am

Don't worry, I already make a personal ban on my account in all servers. If my room-mate doesn't learn from his mistakes, then he should get himself different internet provider, because I'm the one who's paying all the bill.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 pm

so he uses the network you pay for and has disconnection issues. he prolly does need to find a new provider that doesn't suck. maybe he needs to find a new roommate too.
GOTEM

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”