My favorite pick in pub-stomp/casual

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

My favorite pick in pub-stomp/casual

Postby Letbell » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:19 am

1) Nyx assassin: A few month ago, I tried nyx a few time and did not went well; I tend to rush dagon and didn't expect anything out of it, because no many people pick squishy heroes in all pick mode. So I decided to go watch a few video how to play him properly. I found out one dota 1 streamer (TheBaltazarTV) did a semi-carry video on Nyx assassin, and I tried out his tactic and strat, and surprisingly did pretty well.
He was playing non-em mode and didn't rush dagon, but instead Aqua ring + phase boot in the early game, and then deso/manta in the late game.

I usually pick him whenever team doesn't have stun or some sort of initiation. His third ability is probably the most convenient ability against spell caster or catch enemies off-guard. There was one game where they had a lich and a morph with etheral blade. I waited till they start using on me and then activate and reflect a ton of damage back without losing much HP.

Another case scenario is where I was playing a sniper mid where he basically sentry lane once I reached 6. He was spamming his sharpel, and so I just activate my third abilities then windwalk up to him and finish up with a stun. Perfectly executed! :lol:

Core build: phase boot, aqua ring, hand of midas, forcestaff
Late Core: Desolator, Manta
Situation: Shiva, MBK, Linken, Heart, Butterfly, and Halberd.

I didn't mention dagger, because it's not that great without the AGH upgrade in 6.85m

2) iO - Probably one of the most broken ass support hero that I've ever played beside Omini. Broken ass heal/mana (if you know how to manipulate), damage reduction and free attack speed. Many people misjudged the heal and not knowing that it could make a huge difference. iO can be partner up with anyone, but mostly medusa, lesh, tiny, chaos knight, slark, and spectre, because they benefit the most.

iO doesn't need a lot of item, and sometimes I can go 2-4 bottles in one of the games. :lol:
Whenever I played iO, I go around and heal people, counter-gank or gank, and stack up jungle creep. Pubs player doesn't know what iO does, but at least I full-fill my roles! :roll:

Core Build: Healing Salve, Urn, Bottle, Tranquil boot, Arcane Boot
Late Core: Linken, Heart, and Pipe
Situation: Get all 6 bottles.

3) Batrider: One thing that really like this hero is the bug abuse with urn & oil, because ENT doesn't consider as a bug, but AUS bot & wc3 arena does! :lol: .
I usually pick Batrider whenever there's a slark on the enemy team and go mid. Get at least one urn charge, spam 3-5 oil on slark and used urn = dead. Other than that, he's a good initiator with dagger and forcestaff.

Core Build: Urn, tranquil boot, forcestaff, and dagger
Late Core: Shiva and Heart
Situation: Radiance, Linken, and Lothar

4) Enchantress: One of the best alternative range carry beside sniper. If you get Buriza-Do Kyanon on this hero while using impetius, it also does additional crit damage based on your physical damage while retaining impetius. The damage is enormous, even a tank died in a few shot if you manage to pull of a few critical attack.

Core Build: Phase boot, Drum, Orb of venom, and Midas
Late Core: AGH, Buriza-Do Kyanon, Hex, and AC
Situation: MBK, Linken, BKB, and Shiva

5) Jakiro: Decent support that push lane like crazy if you leave this bad boy alone. Jakiro was probably one of my first hero that I actually main him. It was one of those game when I played against lina, invoker, or sniper mid. The burn from 1st skill and 3rd skill stack so hard that it's actually annoying people in lane :lol:

I often pick him if anyone doesn't go mid. I usually have euls on jakiro, because it's a great setup with ice path and his ultimate doing a ton of damage in team-fight.

Core Build: Euls, Tranquil boot, Veil
Late Core: AGH, Miljonir, Skadi
Situation: Etheral blade, blink dagger, and lothar

That's about it, but there's probably more things that I havn't mention. It's either that I havn't play or mess around with the hero or I'm still inexperience with them.

EdgeOfChaos

Re: My favorite pick in pub-stomp/casual

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Nerubian Assassin is pretty good against Huskar since the carapace can one-shot someone who's stupid enough to ult you.
Other than that, don't like the hero too much, there are better invis assassins and I never know what to skill.

Favorite item on Ench is orchid. It gives everything she needs, as well as a nice silence/amp.

bug abuse with urn & oil

I don't think it's a bug (the point of burning oil is to amplify your damage from any source), but yeah.. it's strong. Learned about this a while ago when a Batrider slapped me down with it. (urn triggers burning oil like 30 times).

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm

You dont need boots or mek on Io, since youll be filling ur inventory fast with small cost effective items. While i wont deny the synergy of both mek and arcanes on io there are better items. A 17 charge magic wand will restore more mana than arcanes and just about the same health as mek at a fraction of the cost. Bottle is an obvious first item followed by stick urn wand. Then u can go for a mek if u feel u really need it but id rather get a euls and or ghost into a force staff. Dying with io is very common since you are naturally very squishy and smart enemies will focus u first hence the euls/other items. Ur very last item can be travels but until then tp scrolls will suffice. Before you say why no boots, well you dont really need them if ur moving around the map with tether on allies or creeps u will do ur job just fine and use the gold elsewhere.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Nerubian Assassin is pretty good against Huskar since the carapace can one-shot someone who's stupid enough to ult you.
Other than that, don't like the hero too much, there are better invis assassins and I never know what to skill.

Favorite item on Ench is orchid. It gives everything she needs, as well as a nice silence/amp.

bug abuse with urn & oil

I don't think it's a bug (the point of burning oil is to amplify your damage from any source), but yeah.. it's strong. Learned about this a while ago when a Batrider slapped me down with it. (urn triggers burning oil like 30 times).

Wow, I didn't know that carapace could reflect a ton of damage from huskar's ultimate lol.
I tried this out and the huskar was force to buy bkb before he ultimate lol (I was the only one who has disable on the team lol)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I don't think it's a bug (the point of burning oil is to amplify your damage from any source), but yeah.. it's strong. Learned about this a while ago when a Batrider slapped me down with it. (urn triggers burning oil like 30 times).

I actually just tried this for the 1st time after reading it on here. It does seem to be very strong. However, I'm wondering if it is worth it on the long run? Or just for early game kills? It is good when you are going to kill 1 guy, but would veil be a better option for more AOE and teamfight?

There are so many ways to play the bat, but as for most int heroes, I'm trying to figure out how to make him more effective late game when nukes and magical would have less effect on tanks and huge heroes. So to contribute damage, been going with additional damage such as radiance, shiva, veil, etc... Any other suggestions? :)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 pm

dagon for max damage
GOTEM

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Burnt wrote:dagon for max damage

nono, need shady blade for IMBA INVIS FLAMES and mjollner for flame + thunder stronkest combo alltime, then can no lose :twisted:
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

BiLyA wrote:nono, need shady blade for IMBA INVIS FLAMES and mjollner for flame + thunder stronkest combo alltime, then can no lose :twisted:

you also sometimes need shiva for ice element, it slows all so enemies are forced to fight but they cannot attack becoz frozen. it very imba :arrow:
GOTEM

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:24 am

BiLyA wrote:mjollner for flame + thunder stronkest combo alltime, then can no lose :twisted:

For Bat? I thought about that. Sometimes I do get BM for bat. I always prefer that over lothar b/c people simply dust you. Plus, when you flame, you have to keep dousing the oil on them to make it effective, so using euls and lothar won't help. Ghost helps, but if they have a caster, you're screwed.

Basically I like to go BoT, VG (early, heart late), blink, radiance, veil, and not sure about the 6th item. Mjolnir might be a good fit.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

If you're going for Urn on bat, you're going for the win before 30th minute mark. If you keep your lane underfed and score a few kills, you'll either force a jungler/mid to roam, losing their farm, or like in most pub's, they'll just keep on feeding until your team snowballs really hard.

For Ench, I've out that rushing Atos gives her incredible advantage against any heroes with no mobility spells, opting out at 15 (yes, FIFTEEN) seconds of a 50%+ slow if chained in order: Atos - Enchant - Atos. If that's not enough to whoop an ass, get an orchid next and dual wield to the hell and back. To predict the question of "Why not Hex instead, it does both at the price of one inventory slot", well, Hex is very difficult to build into, requiring two items of 2000+ gold at once. Atos and Orchid combo can be built even by an underfed support.

I'm surprised there's no Windrunner on that list; she is a very often underlooked character who does wonders in any team composition. She can carry, she can support, she can semi-tank - whatever you need, she's got it. She can also do mid-lane and be an effective ganker, she can babysit your carry to secure it farm, or she can very easily go for the suicide lane (when you got 2 in a lane, 1 jungle, 1 mid, and 1 in "suicide lane" (bot for scourge, top for sentinel)) because she's extremely hard to pin down and kill, and has a fantastic harass/farming tool. The only real "problem" with Wind is that she's extremely item dependent - if you can't secure farm or kills, she's not going to fall off because her skills scale well, but she's going to have a difficult time countering anything.

Carry Wind:
Core Build: Phase Boots, Bottle/Soul Ring, Crystalis
Late Core: Skadi, Aghanim's, Buriza
Endgame: Phase Boots, Buriza, Aghanims', Skadi, Abysall and Satanic.
Situation: Blink Dagger, Orchid or Atos

Support Wind:
Core Build: Phase Boots, Force Staff/Eul's
Late Core: Aghanims', Desolator
Endgame: Phase Boots, Eul's, Hex, Shiva, Aghanims', Desolator.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I don't think it's a bug (the point of burning oil is to amplify your damage from any source), but yeah.. it's strong. Learned about this a while ago when a Batrider slapped me down with it. (urn triggers burning oil like 30 times).

It's a glitch. Napalm isn't supposed to amplify any of the damage over time items (urn, orb of venom, radiance) but urn works anyway.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”