Monkey King Bar

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Monkey King Bar

Postby WolfPackMama » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:14 pm

It's a situational item which I very much overlook.
I usually pick supports, but occasionally I'll roll with a carry Wind. My items on choice on her focus on hitting very hard, while also being very hard to kill. So my usual build for Wind is as follows: Phase, Buriza, Skadi, Aghanim, Abysall and Satanic. This gives her over 4.000 hit points and over 400 damage, not to mention 1000 critical strikes, lifesteal and Abysall Active/Skadi to deal with BKB.
However, there happens to be games where there's a Mortred, which forces you to go for the MKB if you want to be able to outcarry her. The problem is, MKB does not seem to work well with few items.

If I go for MKB, whenever the mini-bash procs, Desolator does not place an armor debuff.
Same goes for Buriza. If I have MKB, I'll never see the critical number (not sure does it work at all, or just the number isn't diplayed).
Abysall/Basher are a bash in it's own feat, so they won't work at all besides from the stats bonus.
I haven't tested Skadi with MKB yet, tho I imagine it would also fail to place a debuff if you proc a mini-bash.

I'm pretty sure the "problem" is in True Strike, which seems to be based either of 100% critical or 100% bash, but my guess is bash, since critical does work with attack modifiers (Buriza on Bone Flether as the most common example).
So I'm curious to ask does anyone know the real mechanic behind the True Strike?
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Frank
Forest Walker

Re: Monkey King Bar

Postby Frank » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Skadi and the true strike part of mkb dont stack on dota1 unfortunately which really sucks when you need to counter a bffly late game but you already have a skadi. Also any orb effect abilities on heroes like silencer clinks etc dont work with mkb and will override true strike which also makes mkb not really viable on them.

I believe true strike is a a 1x multiplier crit on ur dmg without showing a red text everytime and explains why critical hits never miss even if they have very high evasion for example u can have a panda drunken haze u while u try to hit a pa and theoretically you should almost never hit her but if u build 3 or 4 burizas u will see constant crits.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 am

Wasn't it that same source criticals do not stack with each other? I know an ability crit stacks with different item crits (PA with a Crystalis and a Buriza can proc all three of them individually, and even multiple critical attacks at once)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 am

Crits never missing is an old myth. Watch a regular wc3 blademaster attack a demon hunter and you'll see him miss his crits (down strike) just like any other attack. Same goes for juggernaut, who uses the same special animation for his (attempted) crits. I've seen maps that had true strike effects which displayed 1x crit numbers, but they're based on something different somehow.

Different crits stack partially, in the sense that if two or more crits proc, only the highest is applied. If you have 2 crits, you still get a "backup" crit that can roll if the first one fails, but you don't get the full average dps increment the first one gives you, since some procs will get thrown out.

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:01 am

I'll have to test it out. I'm certain that 100% critical will miss against 100% evasion, but that 100% bash will actually work.

Which wouldn't make sense either tho. MKB is one of core items on void, and he already has a bash passive.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:22 am

I rarely if ever make mkb and when I do, I don't usually make it with another weapon b/c either game doesn't last long enough or the hero I play doesn't really require it. But I have seen other players use both mkb and crit successfully. I believe it has something to do with where you place the item in the 6 slot? Well I can be completely wrong about this b/c I don't have much experience in it. But if you are testing, give it a try. What most people say is the top left slot is always processed first? The person I remember playing put mkb in that slot and crit in another slot, it was a sniper.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 am

WolfPackMama wrote:MKB is one of core items on void

Who said that? I've always viewed mkb as a generic dps item to get against teams with a lot of evasion/blindness. Why would void get it over buriza, bfly, etc. if not dealing with miss chances?

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:49 am

I know for a fact mkb and buriza work together on melee heroes. I also know for a fact they absolutely do not work together on range heroes, mkb is fine but the crits from buriza are completely gone.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”