Your best Endgame team comp

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Your best Endgame team comp

Postby WolfPackMama » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Was curious what do you guys think that would make the "best" endgame team.
Not talking about having the struggle of farming up, it's straight lategame content.

Thinking of lategame, I think I'd personally go for a bunch of versatile heroes, as in, heroes that can perform well in multiple roles while not falling off.

So my team comp'd be: Spectre, Windrunner, Skeleton King, Guardian Wisp, and I'm not sure about last hero, but Magnataur comes to mind.

What's yours?
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Dhamma
Treant

Re: Your best Endgame team comp

Postby Dhamma » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm

geo arc silenser omni sk

BOOOM
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Team strength depends on who your enemies have as well, so I don't think there's such a thing as the best endgame comp.

And geo isn't a good endgamer at all. 6 slotted Geo will always be beat by a 6 slotted Riki/SK/Mort/etc.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 pm

not always and not by all of the carries listed or all carries in general.

But that's besides the point. This is why we also have omni and silenser on here, who would have scepter refresh. As well as sk who can initiate. Geo blinks in and takes them out, with arc shield he can just dps them, even if they have mkbs+bkbs.
Silenser takes care of any aoe/stuns.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Pudge, silencer, lc (they all have hundreds of kills/duels, it was a very long game). Other 2 don't matter, I guess I'm going to go with a special mention for phoenix or wyvern who can heal pudge's hp by percentage and od, considering every hero on the other team has 0 int.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:02 pm

There are ... 100 heroes now? I think there are countless combinations, but as most people have said here, really depends on your opponents and how the game is played, in terms of items, there are just too many factors.

For example, if one of your opponent is ES, your team would probably suggest a pipe, which takes out one of the item slots. But, what if your opponent goes battle ES? Late game with 2700 crit, strong as a tank? Your pipe will do very little against him alone, let alone his teammates. So many of your players will now require BKB, taking out 3-5 slots for the team that may be required for other late game core items.

That's the wonderful thing about DOTA, it is such a dynamic game, constantly changing depending on the match up and pushes people to think outside the box.

(But just top of my head... some of the best combinations I've seen. Void + Phoenix. Void + Warlock. Phoenix + Warlock. Void + Pho + Warlock, then pick any other 2. Game is yours.)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:11 pm

nitromon wrote:(But just top of my head... some of the best combinations I've seen. Void + Phoenix. Void + Warlock. Phoenix + Warlock. Void + Pho + Warlock, then pick any other 2. Game is yours.)

Phoenix+thrall+roshan

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:13 pm

combination of spec/void/sa with silencer centaur sk sven

purely lategame speaking

edit: troll is pretty hardcore maxed out too

edit 2: naix beast mode as well

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi @not2000elo , we recently lost a good friend named divinerape from forum. Do u wanna take his position and be our best friend from now on?

Btw i would pick something like magnus/enigma/skeleton king/medusa/phoenix. Morphling/spectre/troll are the other hard carries that come to mind for late game ownage. Sniper and invoker can be gay af too. Also silencer, thrall and tidehunter maybe cuz their ults can change the tide of a game.
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

fgfe
Aura Tree

Postby fgfe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Strongest lategame teams should have a mix of aoe control, teamfight and hard carries, like spec (medusa) enigma void invoker thrall

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Invoker, spec, silencer, omni and dusa is a good solid team imo.

Spec/dusa as carries, invoker/silencer/omni as support/sync between the team (both invoker and silencer can always semi-carry if necessary).

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:24 am

Speaking of dusa, is there a way to counter her ult? I know slark's pact can counter it, but itemwise... bkb and manta couldn't.

Also, how come her ult works on AM and TB? Aren't those heroes blind? haha

Sylvanas wrote:Phoenix+thrall+roshan

Nice! I personally love phoenix.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:40 am

nitromon wrote:Nice! I personally love phoenix.

I do too ever since I realized sun ray was an awful skill and trying to make it work was preventing me from doing good.

Brando
Forest Walker

Postby Brando » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:39 am

Best ENDGAME team?

1. King.Kar
2. Frank
3. Divinerape
4. Shadow(x)
5. SlipperySlark

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:26 am

nitromon wrote:Also, how come her ult works on AM and TB? Aren't those heroes blind? haha

What does this mean for the lore?!

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”