calling bullshit on ent being noob friendly

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: calling bullshit on ent being noob friendly

Postby tinkertonker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:00 am

Jabba,

Not taking control of a single creep with chen the entire game even after it is explained to you is not skill related... Especially after it was explained politely in detail. It wasn't language barrier as he was speaking to us.

That is like playing lina and not casting any of her spells.

Or playing techies and not laying any mines down.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:14 am

idk, I like to play techies like sniper by taking advantage of his long range and try to win before I hit level 5 while he's still able to outrange everyone. Attribute bonuses won't skill themselves.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:29 am

tinkertonker wrote:Not taking control of a single creep with chen the entire game even after it is explained to you is not skill related... Especially after it was explained politely in detail. It wasn't language barrier as he was speaking to us.

That is like playing lina and not casting any of her spells.

Or playing techies and not laying any mines down.

I agree that the examples you listed such as the axe with pipe against no casters and that chen in your replay is really bad and game ruining, however again, these are not always that clear cut.

I just played a game where a visage refuse to get his ult. The reason? He couldn't micro. For that same reason, a person playing Chen may not get dominate skill. And I say that as someone who usually get dominate creep last with Chen. I'm not a micro player either, I skill his other 2 abilities first and then I prefer to get blink. From here b/c of his damage amplifier, can either go caster or even DPS with skadi, crit, mjolnir, manta as a support DPS. If I'm going DPS build, I too would skip the dominate skill for attributes. And I never get scepter for Chen despite my teammates complaining every time I play Chen.

Techies, I play him very differently than most people. My last techies game was against a TB and Furion. Land mines were pretty much out of the question, so I use mines like nukes to creep and attack enemy instead of laying mine traps. I mean, I still lay mines, just using them more as nukes. Once I have remote, I start setting up mine traps. While I'm sure many would agree that's sensible, but you cannot imagine the kind of flaming I get from teammates when they don't see mines on the map. One time a teammate started votekick on me before the game clock even started b/c I didn't choose mine first and went with suicide.

So it isn't always so clear cut.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:40 am

@nitromon

Even if you cannot micro other units you can just have them grouped with you or fuck just have them jungle for you. There is no excuse. Zero. Send them patrolling up lane for gosh sake for a push and forget about them. There is no excuse. You are throwing away free gold, a strong pushing ability and many more reasons. If you are telling me, that you are going to skip a skill for an extra +2 stats to all, when those creeps can afk farm for you in the jungle generating a huge amount of gold for you for better items or easily push a tower due to the damage type... That absolutely is horrible.

You are literally throwing away at least 200 gold every 30 seconds. In 10 minutes this would work out to at least 4000 gold. That is almost a free scepter, 10 plus all stats with some extra health and mana. But you would rather have +6 stats!? Do you not understand how fundamentally wrong that is? Yes there are certain circumstances when we bend the general idea sets and builds. But jesus man, you can easily farm any of those items you mentioned significantly faster and push easier. That is like taking warlocks ult and refresher, and having it non stop. If you are that bad at micro manage, ask your team for help with share.

If you cannot micro and refuse to grow as player then you will never get better.

When I say techies and not use mines, I mean not use em at all.

Generally as a techies if you are against a furion, your job is to pull and get to 6 while the other team is only like lvl 3. Techies can easily do double to triple pulls. Generally, even against a furion, you should not get suicide first, the idea is to rush soul ring by not buying clarities and getting the recipe with a sobi mask. Walk out to the strong creep camp, out of range of the spawn area of course. Drop 2 bombs, walk back to fountain, get mana walk back out drop 3 mine. Your creeps should be walking out at 30 seconds do your standard pull, as they are getting lower, pull the camp beside, and as you walk back drop a bomb to clear it out, the creeps get the attention of wave and they will follow. If you are playing sent, you can grab the other neighbouring camp using the same procedure. After this camp is wiped out, you can pull the strong creep camp into the bombs for an easy lvl 4 or close to it depending on rune.

Or you can use the concept of stagger mining.

This is when you put your bombs offset so that if an image walks over it only blows 2 mines opposed to all of them.

Once you get a soul ring, it does not matter period as a techies. The cd for mines is low, and you can spam mines with no recourse. Even if a furion gets treants, and is scouting for you, there is no harm in laning mines at the beginning because you will get that mana back regardless and it can be used to help you get your soul ring faster.

Techies build simple -> soul ring recipe -> sobi mask -> 1 clarity (optional)

This build allows you to place 3 mines on rune (clarity can be used for 4)

grab rune

first wave drop mine on range wave creep, target enemy hero, this will cause the wave to cluster onto to maximize your damage,

buy soul ring

start bombing and pulling,

buy ring of regen

buy boots

upgrade boots to arcane

get wizards staff

upgrade staff to force staff if team is either using sentries, or is strong on range, if not go scepter,

If other team has heroes like pl, or am, or other heroes that are heavy on mana burn, get a ghost scepter, also works well with meepos

get 2000 gold, take apart your arcane boots and build travel boots, start working on bloodstone

if there is an lc, it is a good idea to get linkens first instead.

Techies should not prioritize disable items such as euls, sheep stick, etc. You have one of the best stuns in the game and the best nuking ability period.

Force and boots of travel helps you get in and out of situations or generate cheap juggle stuns, walks into stun, drop another one, force him into a stun behind that one, etc. You can lock down heroes for easily 16 seconds. After your blood stone, you can start getting items like sheep stick, or other situational items.

The idea of getting suicide first is terrible. The only time I would generally do this if I know a player on a certain team is hunting like ursa and I know that this player is going to get me before i get the required mines down. VERY RARE.

monkeyrush
Armored Tree

Postby monkeyrush » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 am

Not really noob friendly. Just the other day beerlord kicks a guy from game who was new. 1st afk warning the guy was afk like 30 seconds for trying to buy items, 2nd afk for 10 seconds for again buying item. Pretty sad.

damonsexyman
Basic Tree

Postby damonsexyman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:14 pm

if you're looking for high level games we have dihl games up every night at clan bba :D

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat May 12, 2018 4:41 am

Jabba41 wrote:
I have seen rules not enforced consistently Jabba

Would need some examples here. I know such requests about players refusing to push got denied, i denied a lot myself too. Usually i do it because the guys got flamed 24/7 and/or sometimes you cant expect super fast reaction times on newbies. Im one of those players you complain about too, i such super hard at dota :D But i try to do what my mate tell me. Problem is when 4 guys tell you 4 different things and ping around, give shortcuts you maybe dont understand its hard to act accordingly. Maybe you dont see some issues new players got as you are skilled and dont have to thing about basic game mechanics/tactics etc. But we try to understand these players.

But as i said, would need the BRQ/replays to give you a detailed answer. The one above is just a general one.

Examples provided no comment and the issue is getting worse after I took a long vacation from the game. I have gone from playing maybe 2-3 matches a day down to play in a match in 2-3 weeks.

You cannot tell me ENT is consistent with their enforcement of their policies.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”