serious question

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
not2000elo
Armored Tree

serious question

Postby not2000elo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 am

Bear with me here for a second... Not sure how to word this exactly in order to get my point across.

1. ENT is "noob friendly", that's cool.
2. Say for example there are 10,000 active dota players on ENT.
3. Out of those 10,000, 500 are "new players", 9,500 are players who have been playing dota for quite a while.
4. It takes literally 1 of those 500 "new players" to ruin the game completely for his 4 other teammates and make them never want to play again, and this happens almost every single game. And it's the same 500 over and over and over again, ruining massively and doing absolutely nothing but attempting to farm and proceeding to feed 10-15-20 deaths per game.
5. At what point do you stop being so noob friendly to *hopefully* turn those 500 "new players" into players that actually know how to play the game, but at the same time risk losing every single one of those 9,500 players who already know how to play?
6. At what point do you wake up and realize that dota will not be getting any "new players", and also, at what point do you actually start caring about the 9,500 players that enjoy playing a game that they've been playing for a long time?
7. I think it's time to start focusing on your *actual* player base and not *hoping* that some random "new player" is going to learn to actually play dota after managing to ruin hundreds of games until he actually does, not giving a single flying f about it, I swear it took me no more than 5 dota games to at least get somewhat decent, and I had the decency to practice with AI instead of doing the crap that these kids pull all the time, over and over again.
8. It's pretty painful out there brahs, and mostly because I absolutely cannot understand the logic behind all of this, can someone please explain?

Thank you for reading

EdgeOfChaos

Re: serious question

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Pretty sure they have the inhouse leagues for that reason.

You take public games wayyy to seriously.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 pm

we have in-house leagues for games on a more skilled level. there are a lot of players who just play from time to time for fun and that's cool. we won't ban anyone for beeing new to the game, if that pisses off other players it's fine.

what exactly are you suggesting to solve it ?
1100+ elo bots were dead when we implemented them which means your so called "actual playerbase" likes unbalanced games
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:22 pm

in house leagues have died in the past and arent doing so well right now. There has been several good and popular suggestions that have been dismissed that have addressed this problem.

To be honest dota pub games is mostly just about trying to make others feel bad. Either by pub stomping or by throwing the game.

MageOfTime
Forest Walker

Postby MageOfTime » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 pm

its time for dota 2 they divide everyone into different skill brackets so everyone can have a good game you wont get any better playing easymode dota

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Yeah I am leaving ent now, last game was my last...

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/10414918/

Chen did not dominate a single creep that game and was trolling entire game.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 am

How many days until he starts playing again? I am placing my bet on 1-2.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 am

That tamade kid you faced is funny, i found him yesterday on a different alias - https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10409766

And yes, both ares[gt] and fmaaa were bad in general (You will see us telling PL to back out cuz bs could see him and he just basically ignored us and continued dying stupidly), but the thing is: If you let them bait and just do your "job" after, most of the times you can easily win these stacked games (that huskar ended up 8/3/14, and he's 600 elo lols): They spent their time charging and ganking PL/Huskar, so it was up to me (omni) and morph to adapt and just try to win.

If it's ideal? Obviously not, no1 wants to play with a bunch of players who don't listen, who claim X and do Y (PL said he was going radiance, i skipped it, and in the end he never even tried to farm for it), and you cant really rely on them to do anything smart; But unfortunately its public games (and for those who post after, and come with the "you got DIHL for higher quality games", ive had far better pub teams than i experienced over at DIHL,in the short time there, so keep that idea to yourself, thanks) - Sometimes you get a good team, sometimes you get a bad team (and you still manage to pull it off), and sometimes your team is just so bad that you cant even do shit xD

Offtopic, and theres high elo players that are actually worse than these "game ruiners" - https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10405001

This had to be one of the worst invokers ive seen lately, and his game after shocks me https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10406030

Butcher with MoM, s&y, euls and bkb - While i can understand some situational items (such as euls or bkb), MoM on butcher is just retarded, yet hes 1500 elo, so hes not the type of player ud think he does this weird shit

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 am

But why would you play on a team with a guy who ruins? I always check "scores" and see the kdr of the really low players for this reason. I ask myself if I want to take the risk. There are times I'm surprised by a 600-700 elo player who played quite well. But generally anyone with 500 games and 1-8 kdr, I just avoid them.

I pretty much only play support nowadays, getting old and slow. But I know there are some of these carry players who would love to have a low elo guy on their team b/c it increases their elo gain and they can carry a feeder. Sometimes they get lucky and that guy gets kicked or dropped, you get leaver gold. :P

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:14 am

Depends - I dont really care on the elo (I either reset or make a new smurf once im around 1200 or 1300 most), but usually 20+ elo games win, are games that will be challenging since your enemy team has better players and your team is somehow worse: Not exactly like that, but you get what i mean :p sometimes it proves to be a challenge and its fun to do every now and then

And yes, ive also seen ppl in the range of 700-900 elo performing quite well (ive also seen the opposite obviously xD), but again, ive seen quite a couple of 1500+ (including a couple of the current 2k elo's) doing shit games on their "main" heroes (and by main heroes, we're talking of the slark/meepo pickers)

Support is just amazing tbh :P reminds me of this game - https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10370747 (We needed a carry, since our team ... let's just say it was missing one xD so ezalor turned out to be the carry ^^)

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

If you are frustrated with public games, please consider joining ENT's Dota In-house League for higher skilled, competitive, balanced games!

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 am

I recently played a game where 2 players on my team were mac players and didn't say anything. The other team had a void and instantly both dropped after his first ult. Gave the other team a chance to draw b/c we really didn't want to play 5v3 considering our heroes (2 int and 1 str) and they had strong carries (void, skeleton king,etc). But they trashed talked us and won't draw. Our carried turned out to be this AA who is the real deal. He is only 1200 elo, but the guy is mad pro and knows what he is doing. Within minutes we were 10 levels above the other team and trashed them badly b/c of the extra gold and levels. It's one of those reply that you just gotta save down. hehe. Sorry for not posting the replay though. Each time I post a replay, that account is dropped b/c I've been identified and had to create a new one. I gotta remain anonymous. :D

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 am

Kinda like this: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10428427

Slark and thrall both lagging at 7 mins, thrall reconnected, slark dropped -> 3 mins later, our lovely pitlord ragequits, making it even harder, and u'd think that would be enough? think again :p Morph decides to throw a tantrum cause i took a 500g gloves from slark, and goes farming woods for a while (leaving me and thrall to pretty much defend and somehow manage to continue this game).

While we did win, i can't disagree that our enemies were dumb as hell (Gondar continuously building dagon - it did work 1-2 kills, till we all had enough hp to withstand that, and kill his sorry fail ass; they getting caught by thrall, allowing us to rape warlock, panda and krob within thrall circle/ulti - aka no infernals, no exorcism and no pandas), and yes i do know that my wisp build wasn't "common" (i was planning on going support when game started hence the meka, till i was basically forced to tank/carry with wisp, and therefore skadi, mjollnir and bm does wonders =D )

Fun game anyways

EDIT: Or even far better - https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10280717

Had to be one of the most funny 50 mins game ive had in a while

We lost our mid solo at 14 mins (disconnect), and quite frankly considering blue had a negative kd and low elo, i dind't expect us to win this one at all (Looking at our heroes and theirs, and how the game was going, we definitely needed that magnus to overcome the teamfights) - Adding to that, this batrider was the most annoying kid ive met in a while (right from the start he was constantly whining, and almost forced a forfeit if people actually listened to him).

They tried, ill tell you that :P they were really trying hard to rax us and attempt to win, but they always fell on the hiding magnus skewing + ulti, and after a while, they fell apart, started fighting amongst each other, till they lost :p

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 am

lol most memorable games are often the least expected. :D

My game wasn't that bad in terms of teammates, all 3 of us were pretty chill and very little communication. We just seem to be in sync, helped each other out, and know when to push and defend. I really didn't want to play that game after the 2 guys dropped b/c they were our carries, glad I stayed. :D

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”