I've never understood how to play slark

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
EdgeOfChaos

Re: I've never understood how to play slark

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:29 am

Good god.. Absolutely cannot believe this.

1: Lothars + Shadow Dance is clearly intended; it literally says in the tooltip what it does. The bonus regen/speed depends on whether or not he is visible, so items that affect his visibility clearly have an intended effect on the ultimate.

2: Lothars on DP/Leshrac is stupid and will only work against stupid players. They can't use the damage/attackspeed, all they get is the invis which is countered for 180 gold dust. And then you can't spam skills.

3: Vanguard on a ranged hero - really now.

4: Starting the urn off is no problem. Batrider is literally the easiest hero in the game to kill an enemy mid with, hands down. If you can't kill mid, there's always a lane ready for a gank. Urn also gives HP, mana regen, and is very cheap. You've clearly never played against a player using this build, or used it effectively yourself.

- an experienced player is not going to stand there and let you napalm them.

Are you for real?
Napalm is actually like 1500 range, you can't avoid it unless you stand out of XP range and do nothing. This is why batrider is good in the first place. You also can't out-run napalm, not even windrunner can really escape it.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:58 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Good god.. Absolutely cannot believe this.

1: Lothars + Shadow Dance is clearly intended; it literally says in the tooltip what it does. The bonus regen/speed depends on whether or not he is visible, so items that affect his visibility clearly have an intended effect on the ultimate.

2: Lothars on DP/Leshrac is stupid and will only work against stupid players. They can't use the damage/attackspeed, all they get is the invis which is countered for 180 gold dust. And then you can't spam skills.

3: Vanguard on a ranged hero - really now.

4: Starting the urn off is no problem. Batrider is literally the easiest hero in the game to kill an enemy mid with, hands down. If you can't kill mid, there's always a lane ready for a gank. Urn also gives HP, mana regen, and is very cheap. You've clearly never played against a player using this build, or used it effectively yourself.

- an experienced player is not going to stand there and let you napalm them.

Are you for real?
Napalm is actually like 1500 range, you can't avoid it unless you stand out of XP range and do nothing. This is why batrider is good in the first place. You also can't out-run napalm, not even windrunner can really escape it.

#2 : Ever play leshrac before? Both edict (or however you spell it) + his ult sure do damage while in lothars. Why go and say dumb stuff like that? And you can easily spam skills as soon as you decide it’s time to break the lothars and finish the kill/kills

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 am

not2000elo wrote:#2 : Ever play leshrac before? Both edict (or however you spell it) + his ult sure do damage while in lothars. Why go and say dumb stuff like that? And you can easily spam skills as soon as you decide it’s time to break the lothars and finish the kill/kills

Not likely considering leshrac burns through mana like crazy and you decided to rush lothars. I mean sure, it'll work if they're severely under-leveled and unwilling to buy dust, but then anything would.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 am

Both edict (or however you spell it) + his ult sure do damage while in lothars.

So what
Do you know what dust is? That's why it's stupid to do so.
Not being able to cast 2/4 of your skills is just a bonus to the stupidity ranking.

Why do you people think that Lothars = the immortality button?? Like yeah it can be a useful item in many cases such on Slark, but damn, stop buying it on heroes where it hurts more than it helps.

Maybe you only play against noobs, in which case I will remember your lothars strategy when I play B.E.A.S.T the next time.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:03 am

Sylvanas wrote:
not2000elo wrote:#2 : Ever play leshrac before? Both edict (or however you spell it) + his ult sure do damage while in lothars. Why go and say dumb stuff like that? And you can easily spam skills as soon as you decide it’s time to break the lothars and finish the kill/kills

Not likely considering leshrac burns through mana like crazy and you decided to rush lothars. I mean sure, it'll work if they're severely under-leveled and unwilling to buy dust, but then anything would.

Please, please tell me where I said anythimg about rushing lothars?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 am

not2000elo wrote:Please, please tell me where I said anythimg about rushing lothars?

Lothar is literally always rushed and those leshrac/dp always get it early. It's not like invis becomes more effective late in the game. When do you suggest a leshrac buys lothar?

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
not2000elo wrote:Please, please tell me where I said anythimg about rushing lothars?

Lothar is literally always rushed and those leshrac/dp always get it early. It's not like invis becomes more effective late in the game. When do you suggest a leshrac buys lothar?

he suggested you get lothar around 60 min when everyone is 6 slotted and can't carry any dust
GOTEM

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”