We really need a clear list of what is bannable

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
nitromon
Treant

We really need a clear list of what is bannable

Postby nitromon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:23 am

I just read this on the BRQ and this person was banned 4 days for this. I'm not sure if this is exactly what he was banned for b/c the BRQ didn't give details if this was the actual offense. But since nothing was said, so I assume this was the offense?

Specter follow me allthe way to fountain then runs into trees off of the map so we cant kill him then tps out when he clearly should of died this is the only player he ever plays and knows this is a glitch just like slark pouncing along side of the map

So... spectre dagger and running into the forest is now considered a glitch and bannable? And slark pouncing into trees to evade attack too?

I just want to know so I can start uploading BRQ when I see this.

Spectre flings a dagger to draw a Shadow Path, dealing damage and slowing the movement speed of any enemies along the trail. Units hit by the dagger also trail a Shadow Path. While treading the path, Spectre phases through otherwise impassable terrain.

If it is in the actual ability description, how can this be a glitch?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: We really need a clear list of what is bannable

Postby FalenGa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:01 am

He didn't phase through the forest. He phased outside of the map, where no melee hero could touch him, nor any global spells.

Perhaps watching the actual replay would help clarify things.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 am

FalenGa wrote:He didn't phase through the forest. He phased outside of the map, where no melee hero could touch him, nor any global spells.

YOU ARE MAKING THIS BANNABLE NOW? Wow, no wayyyy is this a GLITCH of any sort. This was 10000% intended. How do I know this? I was part of the beta testing team in TDA at the time Spectre was introduced in the game, and it's one of the more amazing things about dota. I will state again, IceFrog INTENDED as in made it so ON PURPOSE for Spectre to be able to do this. Absolutely not a glitch and I've used this hundreds of times to get away when playing Spectre over the years.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:23 am

FalenGa wrote:He didn't phase through the forest. He phased outside of the map, where no melee hero could touch him, nor any global spells.

Would this also apply to people who blink out there to escape a fight? I see tinkers do this all the time.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:41 am

I don't think you guys are understanding him. Or just dumb?

He walked outside the map boundaries. Does that sound intended to you?

The only two heroes who can do this are PL and Spec

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:44 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:He walked outside the map boundaries. Does that sound intended to you?

You mean completelypletely off the map? Is that even possible even with spectral dagger? I gotta try this in the AI map. The reason I thought it meant simply into the edge forest b/c the poster mentioned slark.

And just so there is no misunderstanding. IF it is meant completely off the map, I still stand by my original post. This needs to be clarified and mentioned on the wiki. B/c when reading that BRQ, that's not what I got since I have never seen it or even knew it was possible. Ergo, I would start writing BRQs simply for spectre/slarks going to the edge of the forest of the maps even though that is allowed. Or being afraid to use the dagger to escape into the forest out of fear of being banned.

Edit:
Just tested this in the AI map, yup ran right into the off map where the trees are dark. Did not even know this was possible.

This is exactly why something like this needs to be clarified.

Thanks @edgeofchaos.

@falenga - thanks! I got it. I thought it meant just the forest of the edge of the map.
Last edited by nitromon on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:49 am

That's what the claim is at least, I haven't watched the replay and believe falenga. I think you can phase off the map with enough clicking. He mentions Slark because if you line up Slark at the edge of the map and leap, he will do a really buggy leap extra slowly along the side of the map. This one doesn't actually get you outside of the map, though. Obviously phasing or jumping through trees on its own is not a bug.

Not every single bug needs to be mentioned on the wiki
In fact, they probably should not be mentioned.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I don't think you guys are understanding him. Or just dumb?

Always bet on stupid!

Slark definitely can. Wyvern and phoenix also probably can? Broodmomma?

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I don't think you guys are understanding him. Or just dumb?

Yes and yes 10000% intended. Read my post.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:47 am

I don't think Wyvern and Phoenix can at least, they just get pushed away by the boundary. I've never seen Slark successfully do it either, just see him push against the boundary. Perhaps broodmother can.

And not2000elo, if you think literally walking out of the playable map area (which can crash the game) is intended, then I have nothing more to say to you.
Always bet on stupid!

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:57 am

Mhm not sure on wyv and phoenix either (i think they get the same effect as slark - like pouncing against a wall roflmao), same goes for centaur stampede i believe

PL used to crash the game when doppleganging out of the map (not sure atm)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:00 am

PL still does crash the game. It's a severe bug, but luckily it takes a very precise sequence of events to crash the game, which probably should not be spread.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:45 am

There are more than one reasons why we do not make a list of known bugs.

First of all, we obviously don't know them all. I did not create the map, i did not test every single scenario, i am not aware of the dozens of bugs there are.

Second, making a list of known bugs simply allows abusers who didn't know about said bugs to abuse.

Third, we want to keep the wiki readable. We are no going to ask people to read and link the rules, when the rules wiki is 5 pages long.

Fourth, we don't have the human resources for it.

FIfth, there is already a rule that covers it. Do not glitch the game. If you glitch the game unintenionally and you get banned, the appeal section is for that. It's not hard for us to believe a guy with a clean history and honest intentions.

------------------

As for the "tests", no. I don't know what and if you tested, but i know that going outside of the map, where melee heroes can't touch you even if they try to blink next to you, an area where only certain abilities can get you there, an area were global skills ( like zeus' and furion's ulti ) does not deal any damage to you, as you are not inside of the map, is definitely not intended.

Slarks bounce leaps you forward 700 range, if i recall correctly. When you use it next to the limits of the map, facing a certain way, that 700 range turns to something like 2500, which allows for an easy escape, as obviously noone can follow you that far, that quick. Hence, a glitch.

When i suggested you watch the replay before you start a discussion where you point fingers here and there, i suggested it so i could prevent the above. Well, i guess i tried.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 pm

FalenGa wrote: If you glitch the game unintenionally and you get banned

Any glitch? Or are there exceptions?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

I don't believe there are any exceptions. There are many possible scenarions, tho, and each case is handled differently, based on outcome, intentions, etc.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”