We really need a clear list of what is bannable

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Burnt
Treant Protector

Re: We really need a clear list of what is bannable

Postby Burnt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 pm

not2000elo wrote:YOU ARE MAKING THIS BANNABLE NOW? Wow, no wayyyy is this a GLITCH of any sort. This was 10000% intended. How do I know this? I was part of the beta testing team in TDA at the time Spectre was introduced in the game, and it's one of the more amazing things about dota. I will state again, IceFrog INTENDED as in made it so ON PURPOSE for Spectre to be able to do this. Absolutely not a glitch and I've used this hundreds of times to get away when playing Spectre over the years.

Hi there can I ask how many people Icefrog hired for the testing? What was the hiring process? Was it volunteering? If not, was the pay competitive?
GOTEM

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Source(s): Dude, trust me.

Quentin
Treant

Postby Quentin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It has been reproduced in dota 2.
https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=100857

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Quentin wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature. It has been reproduced in dota 2.
https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=100857

The topic you linked refers to couriers flying outside of the map, which, as far as i am aware, can't happen in the map we're playing.

I see no reference to this discussion. I also see no mentions on whether or not a unit outside of the map is allowed to take any melee or global damage.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:47 am

No, I agree this is a glitch, b/c it walked into the area off the map which the trees are dark. I guess global spells such as Zeus's ult will not work in that area?

I simply think we should for a list of something on the wiki. Sure we don't know "all" the glitches out there, but we should start a list and just keep adding to it. Perhaps some programmer who is updating the map can then eliminate those glitches along the way.

I just reported a guy using urn bat. Obviously he was shocked, I don't blame him. The thing is, not every player read these forums all the time or to search for these topics. Radiance bear sylla is allowed right now, but for how long? I hope if it does get banned, I won't find out by being banned first.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:22 am

nitromon wrote:No, I agree this is a glitch, b/c it walked into the area off the map which the trees are dark. I guess global spells such as Zeus's ult will not work in that area?

I simply think we should for a list of something on the wiki. Sure we don't know "all" the glitches out there, but we should start a list and just keep adding to it. Perhaps some programmer who is updating the map can then eliminate those glitches along the way.

I just reported a guy using urn bat. Obviously he was shocked, I don't blame him. The thing is, not every player read these forums all the time or to search for these topics. Radiance bear sylla is allowed right now, but for how long? I hope if it does get banned, I won't find out by being banned first.

I highly doubt there's a way to code Spectre's dagger not to allow this, but like I said, IceFrog had 0 issue with this at all

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Burnt wrote:
not2000elo wrote:YOU ARE MAKING THIS BANNABLE NOW? Wow, no wayyyy is this a GLITCH of any sort. This was 10000% intended. How do I know this? I was part of the beta testing team in TDA at the time Spectre was introduced in the game, and it's one of the more amazing things about dota. I will state again, IceFrog INTENDED as in made it so ON PURPOSE for Spectre to be able to do this. Absolutely not a glitch and I've used this hundreds of times to get away when playing Spectre over the years.

Hi there can I ask how many people Icefrog hired for the testing? What was the hiring process? Was it volunteering? If not, was the pay competitive?

If it’s a serious post, there were probably about 25-30 people who were part of the beta testing team (at a time). It would mostly involve playing the new version of the map a few weeks before it would be released in order to try to find various glitches and bugs, and to make sure game wasn’t crashing etc, with a focus on testing new heroes/spells/items. Games were fun too. It was volunteer work, back when dota wasn’t just $$$ for IceFrog. He was a cool guy, would play in a lot of games with the rest of us beta testers. He was a fairly decent player, but not amazing. I can easily say that I was better than him back then, so were a lot of other people. Honestly, he was royalty so yes we would kill him ingame and stuff, but there was this massive respect for him. He was also extremely fair and wouldn’t get involved in 99% of the usual drama that happened in his clan (TDA - Team Dota Allstars). I was also a replay analyzer for a while, basically equivalent to a mod in ENT, it was fun. Some of my old bans still grace the internet

https://learntocounter.com/the-dota-ban ... test-hits/

Search for “divinerape”

Those were the good old days.

TDA games were a tad bit higher level than ENT games, but IHL (Inhouse League) games were the highest level dota games ever played. There were some beyond amazing players back then

If not a serious question, F you troll

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:56 am

-Linken gltich buy-sell linken
-Heard of some bug with Arc buttefly but dont know it
-Bat stickynapalm
-Go outside map with all heros that can that. Wyrm, phonix, slark, specter...

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:20 am

IWinIfyoulose wrote:-Linken gltich buy-sell linken
-Heard of some bug with Arc buttefly but dont know it
-Bat stickynapalm
-Go outside map with all heros that can that. Wyrm, phonix, slark, specter...

Like to add:
- scepter treant with abyssal blade perma stun
- some strange pudge glitch where he can hook across the map

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am

Radiance continues burning for a few seconds after phoenix dies in supernova. This is the only glitch I refuse not to use. Glitch or not, phoenix is probably the best radiance user with panda. It would be really nice if they fixed that one. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned any of this?

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 am

Phoenix that dies with radiance in supernova, is that really a glitch? That the radiance still working. Yeah, Scepter abyssal with tree, I did it once before any post was up for it, but its just if u use the stun from the item right? Anyway, best/worst part if tree type -unstuck he will get tped into fountain but he will keep being stunned.
Never heard of pudge glitch.

You can dodge stuns using ulti with Lycan (maybe more heros like Sylla), if thats a glitch I dont know. Prob never (atm) get banned for anyway

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

With heroes that have a transformation skill, like lycan, sylla, alchemist (and troll in older versions, but not so sure now cuz it has no cast point anymore) you could always dodge projectiles if u are fast enough to change form while the projectile is mid air(and you have like 10-20 ping so u can time it perfectly). Just like with manta style. Its called disjoint and it is possible in dota 2 as well, so its def not a glitch.
https://youtu.be/Q4boAoDpTWY

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 pm

IWinIfyoulose wrote:Phoenix that dies with radiance in supernova, is that really a glitch? That the radiance still working. Yeah, Scepter abyssal with tree, I did it once before any post was up for it, but its just if u use the stun from the item right?

When was the last hero corpse you saw providing radiance aura? It's very much a glitch, but radiance is gotten because phoenix is a fantastic radiance user, regardless of the glitch. I get it and still aim to survive all my ults. Maybe if I never died, no one could ever accuse me of abusing a glitch? Problem solved.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 am

Who knows if it's a bug or not - but it does that for every hero with a skill like that. Panda also has that effect. You can't really ban radiance on those heroes... so...

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Who knows if it's a bug or not - but it does that for every hero with a skill like that. Panda also has that effect. You can't really ban radiance on those heroes... so...

Does it? I don't remember seeing it, but to be fair panda ult death is much less common than phoenix ult death. But yeah, that's the 2 best radiance heroes, right there. Still definitely a glitch. It's not like anyone ever said "aura effects end at death, except for those couple ults that transform you into non-hero units, in that case the aura can stick for x more seconds because why not".

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”