This is the End

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Re: This is the End

Postby Letbell » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm

bansheex wrote:
Dhamma wrote:The neutrals thing isn't all that bad actually. It actually brings new metta to the game lol. Heroes can't just go and afk farm. Team is forced to play together more, since there is less space on the map.

Yeah, but it makes some heroes imba. The game is designed with foresting in mind. If you can't farm safely out of sight and are forced into the lane, then bara can see you, techies can mine you, and push heroes can early rax carry teams even easier.

Yeah, it is quite imbalance, because people rarely pick LC anymore after this patch

For LC
1) Can't safe-farm in jungle
2) No easy lone-target because people stick

For techies
1) People stick and actually buy sentry and ward, and they pushes like crazy
2) No point putting bombs in jungle too, because enemy team always group up and push, and jungle doesn't give gold lol

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Oh, won't somebody please think of the LCs?

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm

I'm actually quite enjoying the game without jungle creeps, for exactly that reason. No LC pickers!

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Known Issues

-Temporarily disabled Fixed Aspect Ratio in Video Options

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762097153
These users thanked the author Essenze for the post:
Panopticon (Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 am)

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Without jungle the game becomes super predictable to play and leaves little room for comeback scenarios.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:30 am

Essenze wrote:Known Issues

Can you explain that a little more? I clicked the link, it wasn't mentioned. Are they going to fix this?

I actually haven't played since the patch after 1 game. Just ... can't stand it. :(

Thinking of moving on to Dota 2.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I'm actually quite enjoying the game without jungle creeps, for exactly that reason. No LC pickers!

Exactly. This is why i said new metta.

Actually, in dota2 jungle is nerfed in two ways.

1) spawns every 2 minutes
2) centaur and ursa creeps have 20% STACKING magic resistance aura. So if you stack a bunch of camps, you can't kill them all really fast with heroes like sf, lina, geo.

This isn't as severe as no jungle at all, but it is still a step in the same direction.

I think this is an interesting change in strategy to a game where everything has been the same for years. I know it's temporary, it will only last for a few more days, until things are fixed. But still, its a fun change. IF you choose to see it that way.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

fgfe
Aura Tree

Postby fgfe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00 am

Dhamma wrote:
EdgeOfChaos wrote:I'm actually quite enjoying the game without jungle creeps, for exactly that reason. No LC pickers!

Exactly. This is why i said new metta.

Actually, in dota2 jungle is nerfed in two ways.

1) spawns every 2 minutes
2) centaur and ursa creeps have 20% STACKING magic resistance aura. So if you stack a bunch of camps, you can't kill them all really fast with heroes like sf, lina, geo.

This isn't as severe as no jungle at all, but it is still a step in the same direction.

I think this is an interesting change in strategy to a game where everything has been the same for years. I know it's temporary, it will only last for a few more days, until things are fixed. But still, its a fun change. IF you choose to see it that way.

Nope, neutrals in dota2 spawn every minute again and there are even more neutral camps now, but they reduced the gold bounty and xp gain per camp.
It is still seen as a nerf which made most people stop picking junglers.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:23 am

nitromon wrote:
Essenze wrote:Known Issues

Can you explain that a little more? I clicked the link, it wasn't mentioned. Are they going to fix this?

I actually haven't played since the patch after 1 game. Just ... can't stand it. :(

Thinking of moving on to Dota 2.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149

My bad.

Vaylen
Forest Walker

Postby Vaylen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Would also like to add that Zeus is bugged to hell. Cooldowns are messed up. Add that to the bug list if it's not already

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”