This is the End

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
nitromon
Treant

Re: This is the End

Postby nitromon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 pm

WOW, I thought I was the only one thinking that! Literally I played 1 game last night and was thinking to myself... "eh... guess that's enough."

I mean, I know the map can be fixed such as neutrals giving gold again, selling items back to shops, etc...

But I don't understand what people mean by they will fix the ratio aspect thing. I thought that was intentional? When the game is running, the actual 3D part is appropriately 16:9 without stretching. What upsets me was that all they did was add empty parts to the frame and control area, which are essentially still 4:3. This made the mini smaller, the control icons smaller, etc.. Not to mention the black bars during main screen and the lobby area. Are they actually going to fix it? B/c I thought this was all intentional b/c they're just lazy.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 am

Dhamma wrote:They are just used to it. I remember when I moved on to wide screen how stretched out it felt, was super weird. Now this is weird since I haven't played on a square display in so long. Overall it's good, except for some things.

Bnet should have extended the display support to the forum and custom game window and such.

Also I think they should have probably moved the minimap all the way to the corner, and the spells and such, instead of leaving that area blank. But I think it's also something easy to get used to.

I just went into a game to get a feel of it and I have to agree about minimap. I have long gotten used to just making a quick mouse movement into the bottom left corner of the screen to use it, but that won't work anymore. It's definitely awkward right now. Still a huge improvement, though. Stretched out screen was the worst. I guess they could include it as a video option for all the tasteless whiny people who got used to it without realizing how terrible it always was. I still can't even believe people were using it at all.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 am

Sylvanas wrote:I guess they could include it as a video option for all the tasteless whiny people who got used to it without realizing how terrible it always was. I still can't even believe people were using it at all.

Or just leave it for all the tasteless whiny people who likes black bars without realizing how terrible that is. I can't believe people were playing with black bars at all. :lol:

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:09 am

Can’t help but wonder if 10v10 DotA would be possible now? Can someone with more knowledge comment? Would be kinda sick lmao

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 am

nitromon wrote:Or just leave it for all the tasteless whiny people who likes black bars without realizing how terrible that is. I can't believe people were playing with black bars at all. :lol:

Or maybe we should play wc3 on fucking trapezoid shaped monitors and just have the game screen fill that shit up and call it a day. Maybe you should take all your cherished photos and enlarge them into giant rectangles that don't respect the original proportions and delete/burn the originals because the new ones are much better and can't be improved in any way.

not2000elo wrote:Can’t help but wonder if 10v10 DotA would be possible now? Can someone with more knowledge comment? Would be kinda sick lmao

Can be with just a quick edit of the map (once the regular map is back to being playable).

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am

After playing a bit more, i don't think this change is That bad.

I think i've gotten used to the mini map in a different place. The corrected wide screen is fine too.

The 3 main bugs that seem to effect the game is inability to sell items, neutrals, and sentry bugs.

The neutrals thing isn't all that bad actually. It actually brings new metta to the game lol. Heroes can't just go and afk farm. Team is forced to play together more, since there is less space on the map.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

phuphew
Armored Tree

Postby phuphew » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Well, a 10v10 Dota... I VOTE YES!!!!!!!

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:19 pm

monka5 wrote:https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762097153

Joining a custom game on Mac will result in a crash

Best patch issue ever.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:21 am

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
No more macs in dota

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:53 am

phuphew wrote:Well, a 10v10 Dota... I VOTE YES!!!!!!!

only if it's SHOM with techies

who's down?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 am

Dhamma wrote:
phuphew wrote:Well, a 10v10 Dota... I VOTE YES!!!!!!!

only if it's SHOM with techies

who's down?

Probably every techies on the team would always have a forcestaff xD

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:32 am

Sylvanas wrote:
monka5 wrote:https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762097153

Best patch issue ever.

I think that's a solution, not a patch issue.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 am

Apoth wrote:I think that's a solution, not a patch issue.

...and that's what makes it the best.

bansheex
Forest Walker

Postby bansheex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Dhamma wrote:The neutrals thing isn't all that bad actually. It actually brings new metta to the game lol. Heroes can't just go and afk farm. Team is forced to play together more, since there is less space on the map.

Yeah, but it makes some heroes imba. The game is designed with foresting in mind. If you can't farm safely out of sight and are forced into the lane, then bara can see you, techies can mine you, and push heroes can early rax carry teams even easier.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”