I quit

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Zeratul

Re: I quit

Postby Zeratul » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 am

Essenze wrote:Never thought I'd quit Dota 1 over Dota 2. Always thought heroes looked like poop on d2 but after giving it a try when blizzard fucked up with the patch, i became instantly addicted. How you can change outfits for your hero is just life!

Tried a game of d1 earlier, feels boring and not as intense as d2. Anyone else?

I can relate to this as well ^^ The last time i had played DotA2 was back in 2012, and i just let it go back then, since it dind't rly give the dota feeling i was looking for, but now with the broken patches/map on dota1, i decided to try it as well, and basically got hooked on it with all the new changes/metas (Shaker aghanims is funny as hell xD giving him a free dagger with totem + on lvl25, reducing that totem cd just makes it more funny, but hands down, the best and funniest change has to be techies on lvl25 - Mines being able to move is by far the most funny stuff ever, even if they move slow ^^) - Obv still adapting to it (might add getting stomped like i never was on dota1 xD), but definitely having fun over there

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

SITTING IN FOUNTAIN AND ONLY CONTROLLING BEAR MINES IS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!!!!111one!

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks, it is good to know there are other people in the same boat.

I actually haven't tried DOTA 2 yet, but I pretty much stopped playing DOTA 1. They won't fix the control panel, I just can't play with that 4:3 ratio control panel. Ridiculous that they fixed the game 3D to be 16:9, which is the hard part, but so lazy to do the simple part of just fixing the damn control panel.

In fairness though, I pretty much already wanted to switch, the patch just kinda made it happen.... last straw.

I enjoyed playing DOTA 1 and very much enjoy playing on Ent. You guys are super cool, even though some of you have too much ego on the forums and argue a lot, but most of you are very cool in the games. However, reading the BRQs a lot made me realize it is always the same 5 guys posting BRQs (mostly revenge BRQ) against each other and fighting and arguing... the pettiness and negativity is just too much. Why am I spending so much time playing with these kinds of people?

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:50 pm

nitromon wrote:Thanks, it is good to know there are other people in the same boat.

I actually haven't tried DOTA 2 yet, but I pretty much stopped playing DOTA 1. They won't fix the control panel, I just can't play with that 4:3 ratio control panel. Ridiculous that they fixed the game 3D to be 16:9, which is the hard part, but so lazy to do the simple part of just fixing the damn control panel.

In fairness though, I pretty much already wanted to switch, the patch just kinda made it happen.... last straw.

I enjoyed playing DOTA 1 and very much enjoy playing on Ent. You guys are super cool, even though some of you have too much ego on the forums and argue a lot, but most of you are very cool in the games. However, reading the BRQs a lot made me realize it is always the same 5 guys posting BRQs (mostly revenge BRQ) against each other and fighting and arguing... the pettiness and negativity is just too much. Why am I spending so much time playing with these kinds of people?

None of that on dota 2, atleast so far. People tend to trash talk more ingame but who doesn't... its a video game lol. You should just give d2 a shot. It's not that hard to learn especially if you've played d1 for years.

On another note, if ya'll would like to roll with me and some friend, PM me.

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Tue May 08, 2018 12:26 am

I quit too after this patch bullshit. Maybe I’ll try dota 2 again at some point. (Hated it the last time)

plaster
Basic Tree

Postby plaster » Wed May 09, 2018 12:51 am

not sure why people are quitting because of the recent patch.
1. all of the dota bugs were already fixed by blizzard in 1.29.1
2. if you are still one of those guys that cant handle widescreen. there is a solution to fix this.
just delete your wc3 icon - go to start and create a new wc3 drag it to your desktop.
then click properties - and beside target type -nativefullscreen beside the name.
Now when you start your wc3 ingame you will see it goes back to 4:3 screen.
easy and fixed.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed May 09, 2018 2:14 am

Is the gold per second back to normal?

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 pm

plaster wrote:not sure why people are quitting because of the recent patch.
2. if you are still one of those guys that cant handle widescreen. there is a solution to fix this.
just delete your wc3 icon - go to start and create a new wc3 drag it to your desktop.
then click properties - and beside target type -nativefullscreen beside the name.
easy and fixed.

Wait is this 4:3 solution legit? If it is you are a life saver man...

DOTA_TRASHCANS
Treant

Postby DOTA_TRASHCANS » Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 pm

1B_Fantom wrote:
easy and fixed.

Wait is this 4:3 solution legit? If it is you are a life saver man...

are you certain? if so, i'd like to change it too in our bedroom.
<3 Trashcans

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu May 10, 2018 2:19 pm

easy and fixed.

is there a way to move back to the stretched 16:9 screen? already too used to that

THR
Forest Walker

Postby THR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 pm

IWinIfyoulose wrote:Keep it simple! I stay with Dota1. I prefer Dota1 over dota2. Starcraft1 over starcraft2, Diablo2 Over Diablo3... etc

we like nostalgia i think

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”