I quit

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Essenze
Donator

I quit

Postby Essenze » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Never thought I'd quit Dota 1 over Dota 2. Always thought heroes looked like poop on d2 but after giving it a try when blizzard fucked up with the patch, i became instantly addicted. How you can change outfits for your hero is just life!

Tried a game of d1 earlier, feels boring and not as intense as d2. Anyone else?
These users thanked the author Essenze for the post:
nitromon (Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:31 pm)

ShinraCorp
Forest Walker

Re: I quit

Postby ShinraCorp » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm

i like em both but the original is where my heart is
These users thanked the author ShinraCorp for the post:
Essenze (Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 pm)
Those wings, I want them too.

MageOfTime
Forest Walker

Postby MageOfTime » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:41 pm

dota 2 is where its at man
These users thanked the author MageOfTime for the post:
Essenze (Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 pm)

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 pm

"outfits" lmao are you going to get everything in pink?

i've played it quite a bit, it is in many ways an improvement.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Essenze wrote:Never thought I'd quit Dota 1 over Dota 2. Always thought heroes looked like poop on d2 but after giving it a try when blizzard fucked up with the patch, i became instantly addicted. How you can change outfits for your hero is just life!

Tried a game of d1 earlier, feels boring and not as intense as d2. Anyone else?

Have fun with all the peruvians and russians bro!! peace

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:43 am

1B_Fantom wrote:Have fun with all the peruvians and russians bro!! peace

why you calling her a bro?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 am

We're all equal in the world of gaming.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 am

Trying to tell us that you're a hermaphrodite? You can come out, we won't judge.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:26 am

Ok bro, I'm "not" a hermaphrodite, but I am a modern "homo-sapien". :mrgreen:

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Dhamma wrote:
1B_Fantom wrote:Have fun with all the peruvians and russians bro!! peace

cause its how I talk? And I mean there's like a 90% chance of it being a guy, but I didn't mean anything by it either way, how the fuck should I have known that's a girl? Sorry if I assumed her gender and set off one of your "triggers", bro. :lol:

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 pm

dodgeford wrote:https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20754546806

heres how u fix 4:3 screen. Blizzard now fixed dota.

doesn't look like it's fixing 4:3. Ingame screen seems to be 16:9 but the hero model and everything else are 4:3 and you still have to play with "slim" heroes
GOTEM

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:55 pm

By all accounts, there is no reason to play DotA 1 other than you just don't want to move on. There is zero reason to play DotA 1 over DotA 2, all things being considered. (Computer capabilities, playing with friends, etc.,)

I've played DotA 2 before and I think I hit like 4.5k MMR on solo before dropping down to like 4k and then stopped playing. The game isn't more difficult but just takes getting used to. Primarily, I stopped playing because there was always a Peruvian who would just ruin the game. I've had more games ruined in DotA 2 than in DotA 1 and I only played about 50 DotA 2 games over a span of three months.

DotA 1 still has some hackers, trolls, and overall bad players but I think the majority of DotA 1 players would be above average in DotA 2.

After my first week of DotA 2, I wondered why I didn't move on from DotA 1 sooner but it's honestly nostalgia. I don't intend on playing DotA forever and linking myself into DotA 2 would only prolong that.

I would bet most DotA 1 players have moved onto DotA 2 and the remaining would do so as well if others they know decided to as well. It's just a better game, honestly.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 am

Are you saying you only played 50 games in dota 2 and hit 4.5k? If so, that's not even possible. I think you need more games than that before you even start playing ranked....

Anyways... From my experience, even average unranked skill level is higher than dota 1. Both games have ruiners, and hackers too. I think because of the mechanics there are some hacks possible there that arent here. I heard about 'auto hex' Thats just ridiculous. And i'm certain they have mh too. But its more rare.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 am

Keep it simple! I stay with Dota1. I prefer Dota1 over dota2. Starcraft1 over starcraft2, Diablo2 Over Diablo3... etc

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:32 am

Dhamma wrote:Are you saying you only played 50 games in dota 2 and hit 4.5k? If so, that's not even possible. I think you need more games than that before you even start playing ranked....

Anyways... From my experience, even average unranked skill level is higher than dota 1. Both games have ruiners, and hackers too. I think because of the mechanics there are some hacks possible there that arent here. I heard about 'auto hex' Thats just ridiculous. And i'm certain they have mh too. But its more rare.

It was around that. I definitely didn't play that many games there. I don't think game-ruiners get punished there at all. At least from what I remember (two years ago). If there's a game-ruiner here, you just report them on ENT. Nothing in DotA 2 for that so I really didn't want to play it anymore.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”