Uh... Can anyone do something about the 4 gold per second?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
EdgeOfChaos

Re: Uh... Can anyone do something about the 4 gold per second?

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:11 am

lol @sylvanas there's no way they will apply it
remember you're arguing with the same people who say "Rule breaking is against the rules" KeK
inb4 deny with reason "Gold gain is extra gold"
also bad idea to mention I did it since this merex dude hates me, even enough to go starting a flame war with me on a totally unrelated topic

noob likes more gold so they can autoattack on lane and still finish their sweet 30 minute radiance-first riki build, so they will keep the gold gain for this map because.. i mean why not

it's really pointless and I don't care anymore to try to improve things here, it would be optimal with the fixed gold gain but the game's still fun even now. Tbh I know a lot of people think I am an asshole troll now, and maybe you're not even wrong. The thing is, the "rule breaking is against the rules" and banning people for all 4 agreeing to ff against a thrower really did it for me. This place no longer has any more relation to where I used to be a moderator and the recent things here just showed me that there's no point in respecting those who won't show the users the same.

The only reason I made the map fix is because if I don't, someone else without prior knowledge will, and take 100x the time I need because they have to learn map editing first and I don't want to see that. Plus maybe my explanations can help someone who cares about fixing bugs in other maps for the future. Users are used to the extra gold now and will rage hard if it's changed back.
Last edited by EdgeOfChaos on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 am

"noob likes more gold so they can autoattack on lane and still finish their sweet 30 "
guilty....

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:lol @sylvanas there's no way they will apply it
remember you're arguing with the same people who say "Rule breaking is against the rules" KeK
also bad idea to mention I did it since this merex dude hates me, even enough to go starting a flame war with me on a totally unrelated topic LUL

noob likes more gold so they can autoattack on lane and still finish their sweet 30 minute radiance-first riki build, so they will keep the gold gain for this map because.. i mean why not

it's really pointless and I don't care anymore to try to improve things here, it would be optimal with the fixed gold gain but the game's still fun even now. Tbh I know a lot of people think I am an asshole troll now, and maybe you're not even wrong. The thing is, the "rule breaking is against the rules" and banning people for all 4 agreeing to ff against a thrower really did it for me. This place no longer has any more relation to where I used to be a moderator and the recent things here just showed me that there's no point in respecting those who won't show the users the same.

You sound like you need a hug. I still believe common sense can prevail. I just can't conceive how anyone could possibly justify denying that. If it gets shot down, I guess I'm giving up entirely on trying to bring any positive change. I hope no one views this as a reason for denying it.

BeerLord wrote:"noob likes more gold so they can autoattack on lane and still finish their sweet 30 "
guilty....

Go support the damn suggestion! Look how bummed out edge is!

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:33 am

I never said i didnt support it, I was just admitting to my greedy noobness.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:40 am

Tbh I know a lot of people think I am an asshole troll now, and maybe you're not even wrong.

Dont worry, at least you are real to your beliefs :P and you're not the only one if you think that way (except some miss the troll aspect)

Anyways, i told you that believing that ENT would blindly approve any suggestion (even if it's just a fix to something that is clearly nonintended by the mapmaker) was a bad idea - now you see why :P

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am

BeerLord wrote:I never said i didnt support it, I was just admitting to my greedy noobness.

You never said you supported it either. I hold you in enough esteem to know which side you're on in this.

Zeratul wrote:Anyways, i told you that believing that ENT would blindly approve any suggestion (even if it's just a fix to something that is clearly nonintended by the mapmaker) was a bad idea - now you see why :P

My track record in getting ENT to act against glitches is still flawless so far. Not bragging, I just side with dota over bastardized dota and common sense eventually prevails.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:15 am

Sylvanas wrote:You sound like you need a hug.

hmm depends whether you're a cute girl or not :?
but actually I am quite patient with most things, but the one thing that just immediately drives me to negative patience levels is irrationality. Specifically when someone does something and they can't explain why they did it. For example I could show you a series of cringe-worthy PMs with a certain few moderators who I constant ask to justify one of their decisions, to which they just respond "You know why", "Stop playing dumb" etc.

It's that inability to explain yourself with a reasoned argument that pisses me off. Another such example is the now-infamous "Rule breaking is against the rules" justification. Amazing circular logic there. Yeah rule breaking sure is against the rules, nice job figuring that out. Like, there's nothing more you can say at that point; how do you argue against someone when they don't even know their own beliefs?
BeerLord wrote:I never said i didnt support it, I was just admitting to my greedy noobness.

Rofl :D

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:30 am

Another such example is the now-infamous "Rule breaking is against the rules" justification. Amazing circular logic there. Yeah rule breaking sure is against the rules, nice job figuring that out. Like, there's nothing more you can say at that point; how do you argue against someone when they don't even know their own beliefs?

Not..this..one..again - We've gone through that one for far too long, and no1 will drop their defense, or change it (and tbh, i can see Arty, and Nabo, agreeing to the final decision, as it's the most logical/reasonable one, given the circumstances: I know you won't see it that way, as we've discussed it before xd but that topic is closed now ^^)

My track record in getting ENT to act against glitches is still flawless so far. Not bragging, I just side with dota over bastardized dota and common sense eventually prevails.

Let's see how this one goes :D You already met Le Resistance!

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:07 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=135382

Go vote to update the map, a bunch of crazy people just voted against it for reasons only their deranged minds can understand.

onlysuppor4287
Basic Tree

Postby onlysuppor4287 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:15 pm

TBH, I would like the change to happen, what is even better is to remove the em mode. EM really changes the game dynamics and favors late game carries.

This there anyway of adding rd mode?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:48 pm

onlysuppor4287 wrote:TBH, I would like the change to happen, what is even better is to remove the em mode. EM really changes the game dynamics and favors late game carries.

This there anyway of adding rd mode?

As it turns out, the passive gold gain wasn't even really glitched. I'm just kind of dumb.

Non-em isn't an option because the majority of people always want em. You can vote for modes in lobby (sdem and rdem votes pass relatively easily if you give them a try), but good luck getting a non-em mode to be voted on, if they're even enabled.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm

sylvanas you may be a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them. Chill, we all step on our own dicks sometimes.

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:32 am

@beerlord I bet you are the only one that can actually step on your own dick

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Connorchaos wrote:@beerlord I bet you are the only one that can actually step on your own dick

wtf its a dicklord

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 pm

That's what women call me when I show it to them.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”