[Bug] Kaolin's Scepter Upgrade

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

[Bug] Kaolin's Scepter Upgrade

Postby WolfPackMama » Wed May 23, 2018 1:56 am

Latest patch broke it up. The ability you get from wielding Scepter on Earth Spirit is replaced by a "Tooltip missing!" with Samwise's icon. Not only that the ability disappears as soon as you use it without any effect, it also causes a desync and temporarily gets rid of your Raise Stone ability.
These users thanked the author WolfPackMama for the post:
PRECUM. (Sat May 26, 2018 6:16 pm)
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

PRECUM.
Armored Tree

Re: [Bug] Kaolin's Scepter Upgrade

Postby PRECUM. » Sat May 26, 2018 6:16 pm

[DotA] Earth Spirit Aghanim's Glitch ruins the hero!
Post by PRECUM. » Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Last night in the last game Eye played, after completing Aghanim's scepter there was *Missing Tooltip* and no more option for stones. This ruined the game for my hero and made him very weak - practically useless...
Can a map maker do something about this please?
https://imgur.com/a/KqzbWwZ
no options for stone or to turn other heros into that sexy big blue rock :x

by Civiliznations » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 am

@Precum.

Given it's not a glitch people can abuse for advantage this doesn't belong in suggestions. We can't do anything about the glitch as a staff team.

Denying.

:arrow: It would be helpful to Tag someone who would help - it's a glitch that ruins the hero completely, since Aghs is locked on the hero and cannot be sold. The place stone ability was permanently lost for me while playing Earth Spirit, made it impossible to be an effective hero with no stun, a no dmg silence at short range, short roll, unable to reset counter on ULT... :evil:
Those who do not seek will not find.
✩☽◯☾✩

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat May 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Aghs is locked on the hero... The place stone ability was permanently lost

MEGA LUL
game = ruined

I suppose that's a good reason to not buy it anymore!

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat May 26, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm still more concerned about double gold per second than about a hero barely anyone ever uses.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat May 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Earth Spirit used to be super mega OP at one point #TrueStory. I went on dota void and slaughtered everyone with it, got into the top players list in like 50 games. Then it got hit with the nerf hammer into the 30-40% winrates and no one uses it :(

Bring back Earth Spirit 2018. I miss when GeoMagnetic Grip stunned, making the combo literally unavoidable.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat May 26, 2018 9:11 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Earth Spirit used to be super mega OP at one point #TrueStory. I went on dota void and slaughtered everyone with it, got into the top players list in like 50 games. Then it got hit with the nerf hammer into the 30-40% winrates and no one uses it :(

Bring back Earth Spirit 2018. I miss when GeoMagnetic Grip stunned, making the combo literally unavoidable.

I remember when phoenix's sun beam slowed massively along with having much more range and damage, pretty much killing people who couldn't blink away on its own. Then it got nerfed again and again until it became his worst skill by far, which isn't really a problem since every other skill is just swell and beam doesn't really combine with them.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Beam can still be a fun heal. Particularly if the entire team is all focusing the big tank, throw sunbeam on them and watch em heal :D

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 am

Sunbeam's main use is to heal up your team while you're chasing down the enemies. Phoenix is a backline support hero, not a disabler.

Still, while this isn't an abuse-able glitch, it's still a glitch per se. Saying staff can't do anything about it is wrong - we've a dedicated member who happens to expertise in "fixing" up the stuff patches seem to break. Could very easily fix this AND the 4 gold/s bugs in the same hotfix.

On the other hand, it is a glitch since you can desync random players when you use it.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”