Basic Dota Tips

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Basic Dota Tips

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:08 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:More likely you lose it really quick and now you're double screwed. Turtling hard and buying core items will almost always get you further than trying to pull off DR stuff.

However you're right that I did overlook two actual carriers of the item: arc warden and medusa

We're obviously talking about late game here, while barracks are either vulnerable or already dead. Everyone should have core items, dr obviously shouldn't be a 3rd or 4th item. If you defend barracks in your own base with dr and still die, you wouldn't have done better without it. People love "never giving up" hopeless games, but they're not willing to do what it takes to seize whatever small chance might still remain. They prefer doing the same thing that hasn't been working the entire game and get curb stomped for 15-20 minutes longer. Adding a major element of uncertainty in a game that's surely headed towards a loss can only favor the losing team.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:44 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:More likely you lose it really quick and now you're double screwed. Turtling hard and buying core items will almost always get you further than trying to pull off DR stuff.

However you're right that I did overlook two actual carriers of the item: arc warden and medusa

DR works when you can't rely on teammates to help and need a huge damage boost to kill your enemy before they can react. I haven't seen many players rush DR unless they are game-ruining but it's 100% a great item at times of the game where you can't depend on your team. Yes, it's a risk but it is also at times, the best option to win the game.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Tips for Support Kunkka!

Keep in mind that support kunkka that doesn't level up tidebringer is the proest of all time.
Skills: Max X-mark at level 7 for short cd and long range; then max torrent, ult and attribute points.
Logic: When you are against half decent players, they won't stand there and let you torrent + ult him.
Item: Manaboot, forcestaff + other situational team item (urn, pipe, etc)
Playstyle: Gank, initiation
Counter to such kunkka: not gonna tell you

THR
Forest Walker

Postby THR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:53 pm

one of the best tip i could give is , there is a skill called GATHERING INFORMATION , there is no hero that has it , onjly player , there is alwayz something to know about your enemy( and noob friend too ) their cd on their skills , ( that enigma ult ) , how many people are missing , can enemy rosh ? , counter warding , warding . all the information that is basicaly there if u look , is very important .

the thing i love the most from dota , there is no skill cap , there is alwayz something you can do better or learn !!!

have a goods day everyone ,

@sylvanas fuck your dagon 5 riki ;)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 am

THR wrote:@sylvanas fuck your dagon 5 riki ;)

I think you're confusing me with someone who actually believes in the shit I say.

THR
Forest Walker

Postby THR » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 am

:hahaha

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Postby WolfPackMama » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 am

One skill everyone should put in practice is to call out on ultimates. This ain't Overwatch, but if you got solo ulted by a cooldown of 100+ seconds, call it in chat.
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

rewarding
Aura Tree

Postby rewarding » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 pm

I see a lot of people warding the same spots over and over again; place obs in locations that situationally make sense.

For example, if your team wants to push tier 2 towers, place an obs between the tier 2 tower and their base to give you vision of what is going on behind the tower before you push. This gives you a lot of initiating advantage.

These sorts of deep obs give you a lot of information.

An obs between the secret shop and the base gives you information on when to time a courier snipe and sometimes the payout is huge like stopping a sheepstick from being completed. This obs is very important when you want to siege their base.

In terms of river vision, the obs that is most important is one that gives you vision on and around Rosh. Timing is important when you're dealing with heroes like Ursa or Troll who have very specific Rosh timings depending on when they complete lifesteal (usually around 9-11 mins). Having an obs on the higher ground where you can see the ramps is key as well because it will tell you if you're dealing with a bait and ambush.

I think past the initial laning stage, river obs is sometimes unnecessary. It depends like if they have a lot of gankers, you want to see what sort of rotation they're moving for, or if your team needs time to farm in the jungle and you want that AM or Alch protected while they beef up. Otherwise placing deep obs near their base or in their jungle gives you much better information. If you don't see them in the jungle or near their base, or in lanes, then they are after you.

When you play support and you want to play it well, you have to think about obs, sentries, dust, and smoke as an investment that will pay you and your team back in the long run. Especially when you play hard support, these items will pay you back a lot if you stay alive.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”