One Skill Mode(LOD)

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Implement OS Mode?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 31

Desire
ENT Staff

Re: One Skill Mode(LOD)

Postby Desire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 pm

LoD game mode has been changed to sds6bod3fnos for a trial period of 1 month.

viewtopic.php?f=43&p=528895#p528895

Unfortunately, It was reverted back due to rumors of HCL string being too long and not functioning properly. HCL game modes similar to sds6bod3fnos (igl1, or igl) do not work either from what I have tested.
https://www.dota682.com/dota-lod-modes- ... -commands/

A Possible Solution -
Make the mode setter(blue) type in the command for the mode when the game start, and further the suggestion to remind players to put in the correct mode or face consequences.

Thanks for your supportive comments and input on this mode.
For now if there are any other suggestions that can be a solution to the mode being implemented, please let us know.

-sds6bod2fn/-sds6bod3fnos

EDIT:
Unfortunately, It was reverted back due to rumors of HCL string being too long and not functioning properly. HCL game modes similar to sds6bod3fnos (igl1, or igl) do not work either from what I have tested.

Rumors
Last edited by Desire on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 pm

remove fn then - it's the least important among the others. plus the current mode doesn't have fn

Eprlide
Basic Tree

Postby Eprlide » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:55 pm

I agree, FN is probably the most easily removable modifier.

SaL7
Aura Tree

Postby SaL7 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:03 pm

removing fn can balance a few things out.. maybe thats an option
poopoohead@entconnect is banned until 2019-12-10 09:08:18 CST.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Maybe a more easier approach to taking it a bit further. This will remove a factor that was a long lasting mechanic used in the history of LoD modes.

The FN(Fast Neutrals) mode allows players to quick farm when the game starts rather then have to rush rune or get to lane Lvl 1.
We see can already see the outcome in regular DotA(Defend of the Ancients) in where Fast Neutrals is not a thing and rather what things said above is the probability of what will happen happen.
The level of importance to Fast Neutrals and all the other modes inside sds6bod3fn is definitely the least favorite.

What getting rid of FN can do...
    Nerf's jungler's in where rushing neutrals or ancients is no longer a strat.
    Major rune fights Lvl 1 may majorly occur.(Could potentially bring faster First Bloods)
    Gets rid of Lvl 1 Leech.

@kunkka @Eprlide @SaL7
Keep up the good ideas.

@Abolara @Burnt @hagi @W1nn4r @CheW @unseenbuildz @Letbell @ssasimi @KilAzoR @kikino @Yevorana @Sylvanas
sds6bod3fnos - sds6bod3os?

KilAzoR
Forest Walker

Postby KilAzoR » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:03 pm

@desire Removing FN will be real bad thing in LoD, changing mode for OS isnt enough for you yet? Fast neutral mode has always been here because its part of LoD (If not there was EM instead but EM would suck even harder than sal or kunkka together in 1 team). Im not sure why you even ask people who bring nothing than feed in games/troll but being nerd nolifes - I guess that must count here. Firstly we should observe how the current(changed) mode will be adopted, however I think that noobs/ bad players wont enjoy it at begin (My opinion is still same - MD mode is most fair because you might expect a bit what enemies got.)
Regards.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:35 am

Desire wrote:A Possible Solution -
Make the mode setter(blue) type in the command for the mode when the game start, and further the suggestion to remind players to put in the correct mode or face consequences.

Worse consequences than having to play lod? Scary.

Yeah fn needs to go, even if there was still room to include it. It never should have been added. Why do the hyper-specialized lod jungler tanks need a head start that the dota heroes don't get?

KilAzoR
Forest Walker

Postby KilAzoR » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 am

@sylvanas As I mentioned ealier FN is part of lod which been from the very very beginning and sometimes it been replaced with EM, which is really unenjoyable(especially in LoD)... I think few of you already realized Im not kind of jungler but midder, and i shouldnt really care about that but my objective opinion is FN is really basic in LoD and shouldnt been really changed. Maybe people would more focus on rune than killing neutrals at start of game but i dont think either it will help in getting faster firstbloods.

Yevorana
Resource Storage

Postby Yevorana » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:39 am

I oppose the removal of FN. What I like about FN vs non-FN is that (when I played dota and lod) is that FN has become part of the LoD nature imo and it really gives LoD a huge difference factor over regular dota. By removing FN, those 50 seconds of sitting around (in dota, people go to tower and sit there for 30 seconds doing nothing) is very boring. FN boosts the motivation to go into jungle and then go for rune. Otherwise, sit near the tower and do nothing for 50 seconds. In fact, I feel that would develop an opposite effect of first blood at runes based on what I've seen back in dota.

I will not speak for balance, I only speak for personal perference.
But if it's left with a choice, FN would probably have to go.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Yevorana wrote:I will not speak for balance, I only speak for personal perference.
But if it's left with a choice, FN would probably have to go.

The situation is we have to judge between 1) Removing FN; 2) asking blue to type the mode.

So yes, FN needa to go. Your most helpful comment in your long paragraphs is what was quoted here.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Yep removing FN is not big deal. What’s important is getting things going without having players manually inputting mode, which can very likely cause chaos
GOTEM

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 pm

KilAzoR wrote:@desire Removing FN will be real bad thing in LoD, changing mode for OS isnt enough for you yet? Fast neutral mode has always been here because its part of LoD (If not there was EM instead but EM would suck even harder than sal or kunkka together in 1 team). Im not sure why you even ask people who bring nothing than feed in games/troll but being nerd nolifes - I guess that must count here. Firstly we should observe how the current(changed) mode will be adopted, however I think that noobs/ bad players wont enjoy it at begin (My opinion is still same - MD mode is most fair because you might expect a bit what enemies got.)
Regards.

Not nessarily yet, as we're still trying to find the reasoning on the malfunction on HCL being unable to work. We're currently waiting for a response. My fault for making it sound like we had already found the solution to why the HCL did not work. And as this is a public forum anyone can have their opinions be pointed out. I highly suggest to get some of your friends to vote on the mode as well.
MD was reverted back here - viewtopic.php?f=166&t=112477

Comments Addressing FN
This is only a solution to what could be a true reason to why the malfunction of HCL is not working. As a former DotA 1, DotA 2, and League of Legends player the extra minutes before the game starts is usually used for strategy talks and securing an objective like woods vision or securing runes. This helps people plan out how they're going to play the game, lane swaps, and to predict what the enemy team has. What makes LoD different from DotA is that you get to choose your spells and have 2 ulties + 1 more ability rather then having 3 abilities and 1 ultimate as your abilities. Fast Neutrals allows players to farm faster during those extra minutes until the creep wave spawns and gain that extra exp/gold. It will also allow a more easier approach to ganking/leeching enemy team neutral camps Lvl 1. In my opinion this is really a less important component to what brings a difference to LoD and DotA and more of a reason to gain/race an advantage before the enemy team does, But again we're not certain if this will be solution to the problem.

Stay tuned for any further updates. ;)

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:56 pm

I would like to request a lock on this topic. @Forum Staff

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=137310

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”