Cleaning house in dota

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Cleaning house in dota

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am

nahhh

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:25 am

The problem with mexican wisp and beast (and players like them) who vaylen wanted banned for all time, is that while they ruined some (many?) they didnt game ruin in all. When players present a ban request and use as the reason "he is a known ruiner" for evidence, like vaylen would do, its going to get denied, if, in that particular game, there is no solid evidence for game ruin.

Then, when we scour games, putting in lots of our time to review and catch them when they are ruining, so that we can ban them for a good long while, ,or, take time to join their games and play with them (which is no ones definition of fun) in order to possibly catch them, 1"phantom calls us hypocrites. I find that pretty disappointing.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:41 am

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/pl ... ican_wisp/
https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/player/B.E.A.S.T/
Your Warcraft III Username: sylvanas
Violator's Warcraft III Username: mexican_wisp, b.e.a.s.t
Game Name: all of them
Violated Rule(s): game ruin
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): all game
Any further thoughts:

hope this helps

can ban now, yes?
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post (total 2):
Panopticon (Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:40 pm) • 1B_Fantom (Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:11 pm)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:22 am

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/player/B.E.A.S.T/
when you get banned on B.E.A.S.T@west
so you decide to dodge on B.E.A.S.T@europe

absolute madman

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:34 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/player/B.E.A.S.T/
when you get banned on B.E.A.S.T@west
so you decide to dodge on B.E.A.S.T@europe

absolute madman

when he logs on @europe, he gains the superpower of loudly blaming everyone in his team in broken English all game long while feeding more than anybody

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 pm

BeerLord wrote:The problem with mexican wisp and beast (and players like them) who vaylen wanted banned for all time, is that while they ruined some (many?) they didnt game ruin in all. When players present a ban request and use as the reason "he is a known ruiner" for evidence, like vaylen would do, its going to get denied, if, in that particular game, there is no solid evidence for game ruin.

Then, when we scour games, putting in lots of our time to review and catch them when they are ruining, so that we can ban them for a good long while, ,or, take time to join their games and play with them (which is no ones definition of fun) in order to possibly catch them, 1"phantom calls us hypocrites. I find that pretty disappointing.

I'm just saying.... Similar to what Sylvanas said, they ruined MOST of their games.... It's not just a few here and there, they are known all across ENT as being trolls, throwers, or just straight up braindead. And Falenga making his point of "everyone can't be good or even average" I agree completely. But there does have to be a bottom line, or else games just get ruined. They are nothing more than food for the other team and you have to bend over backwards to try to not have a ruined game.

I do respect and appreciate what it is you guys do Beerlord so please don't take that the wrong way. My point was more that Vaylen was not as bad as everyone here has made him out to be. He died on the cross for ENT's sins trying to get the bans out there unfortunately he wasnt eloquent enough to validate them.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:22 pm

I disagree vehemently. Vaylen was absolutely a problem. He ruined more games with his nasty attitude and flame than I can count. A large percentage of his game ruin ban requests were without merit, consisting largely of him raging at random players in games he was losing or at risk of losing. His attempt to wear the mantle of "trying to clean up ent" is ridiculous. He was a chronic raging angry player, had extremely poor judgement, and ruined the game/playing experience for his allies with his poor attitude and inflammatory rhetoric.

And I do take it "the wrong way" when you basically say his requests were denied and he was banned by staff because he "he wasnt eloquent enough". I dont issue bans or choose to agree or disagree with players based on the eloquence of their speech. I look at evidence and game play.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

1B_Fantom wrote:My point was more that Vaylen was not as bad as everyone here has made him out to be. He died on the cross for ENT's sins trying to get the bans out there unfortunately he wasnt eloquent enough to validate them.

LUL. Let's remind you something about Vaylen and how he achieved 2.5 kdr and 800 elo.

1. way to get 2.5 kdr: Picking lina or lion - rush dagger before boot - stay behind teammates and wait for enemy to get low hp - blink in to ks and run away.
2. way to get 800 elo: it is not easy - it takes commitments and persistence. You gotta ks your carries so they stay can't afford items, laugh at teammates on any little mistakes, get kill streak and then feed to enemy carries so they get fast level and $... it is definitely skill to maintain 2.5 kdr and 800 elo without getting banned, which got him a seat in the GREATEST ENT arem team of ALL TIME.

So no, he wasn't in the position to suggest ban on game ruiners when he was one of them himself. I'd rather b.e.a.s.t on my team than vaylen lul

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 pm

shutup.PNG
shutup.PNG (84.51 KiB) Viewed 1495 times

the only thing i remember about playing with vaylen was smacking him down with my Huskar over and over, it was fun to see him literally die in 3 attacks at 30 minutes.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm

That meme is hilarious edge lol. and fair enough, all I can speak on is my experiences with him in game. He always tried his best and we had a lot of fun together. I've never been one to throw a game or mess around and I think he knew I wouldn't tolerate it. But he's a solid player and always put the effort in when I played with him which has been dozens of times.

But I've never claimed his ban wasnt justified, or fought trying to overturn it.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 pm

There is no question that he is an exceptional player. One of the elites, imo.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm

#Vaylen
Attachments
arthas.png
arthas.png (131.21 KiB) Viewed 1453 times

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:14 pm

I thought posting images was disabled on here? [img] doesn't work. What is this sorcery?

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Linking an image doesn't work, you gotta upload it and place it inline.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Linking an image doesn't work, you gotta upload it and place it inline.

Upload where exactly? I once needed to show screenshots and uploaded them on imgur but all I could do was link to them.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”