IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Re: IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Postby Letbell » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:04 am

Sylvanas wrote:
Letbell wrote:I've seen people pick techies and place bomb and repick before 1 min seem more annoying than meepo xD

Again with techies? The key word here is "annoying", which is the most dangerous sounding qualifier that can be given to that dumb hero. For instance, calling him "annoying" gives him more credit than calling him "dumb", but he's both.

-.- dang, you got me. :o

AndyMaster
Armored Tree

Postby AndyMaster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Well just lost YET ANOTHER game to Meepo. . . . Nothing counters him, nothing outlevels or out pushes him and he does the most damage in the game? IT IS TIME TO BAN the one char. that wins 90% of the time. How stupid are we as a community when we like to lose to the same pick OVER AND OVER. Who is with me? BAN MEEPO!

AndyMaster
Armored Tree

Postby AndyMaster » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:29 am

Now I am keeping track. It was 5 on my team vs 4 on the other. . . they had a meepo. Naturally they won. There is nothing that can counter a guy that out pushes, out dpses, out tanks and has 5 guys. IT IS TIME TO BAN MEEPO. How obvious can it be that ONE GUY is that rigged. There are only 3-4 guys that can slow down his win (noticed I said SLOW DOWN. . . not prevent). . . otherwise everyone else gets run over. Sad that there isn't more support for a FAIR and balanced DOTA game. We should all vote to ban meepo from the game. Icefrog messed up, pure and simple.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:52 pm

How long are you gonna cry for until you start looking into learning how to beat it?

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mw2yeGRsZg

Even pubs in iCCup ain't afraid of meepo. By the way, this is 7k pubs on iccup server, and also no counter picks against meepo either yet still won the game.

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Letbell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mw2yeGRsZg

Even pubs in iCCup ain't afraid of meepo. By the way, this is 7k pubs on iccup server, and also no counter picks against meepo either yet still won the game.

Its not easy mode..

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 am

Peachtree wrote:

Its not easy mode..

:roll:

Edit1: Meepo has a better adv in non-em mode tho... so.. =P

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 am

Letbell wrote:
Peachtree wrote:

Its not easy mode..

:roll:

Edit1: Meepo has a better adv in non-em mode tho... so.. =P

Lmao literally the opposite. How could you even think such a thing

Edit: this is a high quality thread that will make a change!

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It doesn't matter whether it's non-em or em mode. The fact remain that ENT community needs to step up their pub games.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:22 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:You're right, I totally forgot about WW, he does kill meepo quite well. As a meepo, I used to try to build tanky against WW and it sometimes worked, but these days I just go dagger hexblade and kill it before it ults. And a lategame counter is to rosh and save buyback gold, since WW can only kill you once (or twice with refresher), the remaining life should be enough to kill the enemies. I still think leshrac is a better counter overall, though.

Been a while since I came on here, late to the discussion. I like your first response with all those counters! :o I've never thought about those before, I learned a lot from that. Thanks!

Wyvern is a natural geocounter, one I used both on your geo and xsaintsx's geo before. Only one it didn't work was on that guy name killerblade b/c he plays pussygeo mode. :x

Most wyverns do not build the way I build, they go orchid or meka, or some support build. But wyvern, when build correctly will counter geo almost every time. The idea is not to go support build, but build it around arctic blast skill (the long range ice skill). That skill does % damage base on hp, it is a natural tank killer. I use it on tanks often. So it is not even about increasing WW's damage, more about increasing his IAS. Some WW goes refresher, which I never do. After stunning the geo, you still have to kill him.

I personally do not like to build my heroes around ults b/c ults CDs are long for most heroes. With WW typical build is Boots, SNY, skadi, mjolnir, butterfly, and abysal blade. Now, I know from the first look, some people already find couple of the items questionable.

SNY - b/c wyvern moves really slow and investing in BoT early is never a good idea. I go str stread with him for IAS, and bulk. Likewise he benefit from SNY's bulk and IAS. Manta is not as good b/c he can't benefit from the image in arctic mode. Adding that sange ma'im gives him an additional slow to his slow.

butterfly - the build here already makes him bulky, he can even tank. cuirass aura range is not long enough for his arctic blast, so I prefer the evasion from butterfly. It also again, help keep him alive and tank. If you need an orchid, it can swap with this, but most times I never need a disable with WW.

mjolnir - skadi is core for WW. In a previous version, the skadi slow stacks with arctic, I'm not sure about the new one but it gives him everything he needs - bulk, IAS, mana, etc... Skadi can stack with a few things but you want IAS for arctic, so mjolnir is the best choice. Again, the mjolnir castable also helps him tank.

absyal blade - bash on range is always met with cringe. this is usually the last item. By this point you have option of many things, I prefer to give him 1 weapon item at least. Now crit is good too, but b/c his IAS is so fast already and having at least 3 different slows (arctic blast, his nuke, sny) the basher is actually extremely effective. Also creates chance to stun if they try to tp or ... when they try to poof. ;) One might want to add another IAS, but at this point SNY+Skadi+butter+mjol already gives you 4 IAS items. But it is possible to go with orchid, cuirass.

----

in this build, almost in team fights I wouldn't even need my ult by lategame. I have played against geos, (average ones, not pros like you and saint), where I do not need ult at all. When they engage in teamfights, splinter nuke, switch to arctic and take out any geo. It doesn't matter how bulky he is, the arctic % damage takes out any geo easy.

I have geos that bb b/c I ulted them once thinking without my ult, I can't stop them. WW's nuke has a really long casting range. Cast that when you see the geo, he can't see you. Once hit, he cannot blink. Switch to arctic and take him down, he will never reach you. Etheral won't save him b/c he can only etheral himself. He will never get in range to etheral the WW without blink. The absyal blade prevents that one geo from poofing.

WW is also an incredible farmer, so he can keep up with geo. All you need is an early soulring and max splinter first. But the key to WW, which is same as phoenix (one of my fav), is actually to stay back and not be seen until you are ready to attack. WW staying too close to the front, gets caught by void ... gg. Personally, spectre is the best ww counter with orchid.

Anyways, geo is a pretty annoying hero to counter, WW is the only one that I think can do it effectively. There is no way a geo can really counter this build, not even with BKB. But even so, I think it is silly to ask for geo to be banned b/c DOTA is a teamgame. All counters of any kind goes right out the door if your teammates are dingdongs that feed like no tomorrow. :lol: I would rather prefer slark be banned.

AndyMaster wrote:Well just lost YET ANOTHER game to Meepo. . . . Nothing counters him, nothing outlevels or out pushes him and he does the most damage in the game? IT IS TIME TO BAN the one char. that wins 90% of the time. How stupid are we as a community when we like to lose to the same pick OVER AND OVER. Who is with me? BAN MEEPO!

See the thing is, I don't know the game or who was playing, but it is not because you lost to a meepo. It is because your team lost to a better team. A pro geo player is a "pro" player and can play other heroes just as good. Just because this pro used meepo to beat you, doesn't mean the hero is to blame. Edgeofchaos above has one of the fastest APM I've seen, that's why he plays meepo so well. But I've seen him play leshrac and slark, it is just as frightening.

There are a lot of noob slarks out there and they easily own games b/c they play against even worst players. Slark is easily counterable early game with just 1 item, a tp. Yet again and again I see players refusing to buy tps and just let slark chase them down at the 5 min mark. All the food he gets, he gets fat really fast and game is over.

Geo cannot be countered with tp unfortunately, but can be easily countered early with wards and alert teammates warning them. If a geo cannot get food early and forced to creep, it buys your team time to get counter items if you do not have counter heroes.

One game I played against a geo, I have no idea who he is or if he is good... b/c I never got a chance to find out. Our team were smart players, one guy got SB and we kept the map warded. He continues to charge geo and gank him so he cannot grow. Game was over in 20+ mins. Maybe that geo was bad? Or maybe he was good but his teammates were bad and didn't warn him? Or maybe smart teammates on my team knows how to keep a geo down.

- btw I didn't read through all these pages, just the 1st page of the forum. The counter heroes listed were general counter heroes, mostly with lategame in mind. But there are also a lot of early geo counters, which are effective to keep geo down early from farming up and surprisingly? They're int heroes. Lina/lion can easily counter geo early with their stuns and nukes. Tiny can counter geo early with his nukes. Late game not as effective, but DOTA games are played in different stages - early, mid, late. Game can end at any point in the 3 stages. You do not always have to go to lategame and when playing geo, perhaps it is best to end it early to mid.

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:35 pm

nitromon wrote: Edgeofchaos above has one of the fastest APM I've seen, that's why he plays meepo so well. But I've seen him play leshrac and slark, it is just as frightening.

Agreed, That 96 APM on "hard game" meepo is truely insane. Actually better than dendi and JeraX combined.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=135070
Last edited by Peachtree on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:43 pm

I've never said this before because I don't want people to counter me, but I don't care anymore. :lol: It's time for a geo player to share some tips on beating him.

I think WW is the best counter for geo. Geo thrives on DPS items, but WW ult kills him in 1 hit if you do that. So just by having a WW, a geo is either forced to build less dps and have less dmg, or he is dead in 1 ulti.

You didn't mention ghost, but I think it's core vs geo, almost on any hero. Even sniper. With ghost he can't net you and you can buy enough time to get away. I've seen really good players get it on unconventional heroes and do very well.

Also BOT is really good vs geo item. Geo moves around the map all the time, and you need to be able to help your team no matter he is. This is key.

Yea orchid is a good item on him too. A silence can prevent him from getting away.

Another good hero I don't see mentioned much, or at all is Timber/Shred. His floor is a bit higher, but he's a great geo counter. His dmg is pure, so he goes right through his armor. And he is a nightmare to catch. Definitely one of the best counters, but one I don't see used much.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Tbh they'll always say "the geo is just bad" when you post a replay of beating a geo. It's a nice excuse for them. See, in their minds, geo is literally unbeatable, therefore any time geo is beaten in pubs it clearly means that he just played terribly and didn't know what he was doing. To admin anything else would be to realize that there are ways of shutting down any type of geo player, and would mean that it's not the hero that is broken, they just need to learn to play.

It's never going to happen. People would rather whine on the forums than get better.

"Easy mode" is another excuse made by noobs for their shit play. You can bet that if you have no clue what you're doing in EM mode (such as andymaster/peachtree/etc), you'd also suck in non-EM. It's not *that* different.

Also this thread taught me something as well: I need to learn wyvern. It's a hero I never tried, and I don't know how to play. I will put in some games and learn it, so that I have another geo killer in my set.

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:19 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Tbh they'll always say "the geo is just bad" when you post a replay of beating a geo. It's a nice excuse for them. See, in their minds, geo is literally unbeatable, therefore any time geo is beaten in pubs it clearly means that he just played terribly and didn't know what he was doing. To admin anything else would be to realize that there are ways of shutting down any type of geo player, and would mean that it's not the hero that is broken, they just need to learn to play.

It's never going to happen. People would rather whine on the forums than get better.

"Easy mode" is another excuse made by noobs for their shit play. You can bet that if you have no clue what you're doing in EM mode (such as andymaster/peachtree/etc), you'd also suck in non-EM. It's not *that* different.

Also this thread taught me something as well: I need to learn wyvern. It's a hero I never tried, and I don't know how to play. I will put in some games and learn it, so that I have another geo killer in my set.

"Hero with 70℅ winrate is completely fair cos only good players play him. Just l2P nuubs" -90 apm meepo abuzor

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Ahh always love my haters. Especially the randos with 19 posts LUL. I promise if you try him, you won't get 70%.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”