IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Astros
ENT Staff

Re: IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Postby Astros » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:31 am

Meepo's been in the game for years and now you guys want him removed. The quality of the game has already gone down since the average playing ability of DotA has decreased due to many players moving on or quitting from the game. Doesn't help that Blizzard continuously feels the need to update a game and simultaneously screwing it up at the same time. The problem really isn't meepo. A competent team can easily stop a meepo assuming they are willing to work together. I don't know why this is even an issue. This game is mainly filled with pubs who have a very low understanding of it so it's not like this requires some Albert Einstein level of intelligence to solve. If someone chooses meepo, tell your team to get a few stuns and push a lane at the ten minute mark. The only way meepo can farm is if you sit back and let him teleport all over the map. A good meepo will stall the game for a complete item build because he is rather easily stopped at the midpoint of the game.

Your 70% winrate (true or not) is misleading because many of the players who pick or random meepo for that particular statistic, usually understands how to play it very well. Your average player is not keeping meepo for obvious reasons. So your winrate is irrelevant if you do not include the games played for meepo and the amount of specific players. Also, I have difficulty understanding what your 70% winrate is trying to prove. There are many players who have 80% win ratios playing a wide variety of heroes.

In short, Meepo isn't the problem. Bad players who are clueless are. A meepo who outplays a team and puts in a lot of effort deserves to win so this has nothing to do with him being inherently OP.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am

Astros wrote:Meepo's been in the game for years and now you guys want him removed. The quality of the game has already gone down since the average playing ability of DotA has decreased due to many players moving on or quitting from the game. Doesn't help that Blizzard continuously feels the need to update a game and simultaneously screwing it up at the same time. The problem really isn't meepo. A competent team can easily stop a meepo assuming they are willing to work together. I don't know why this is even an issue. This game is mainly filled with pubs who have a very low understanding of it so it's not like this requires some Albert Einstein level of intelligence to solve. If someone chooses meepo, tell your team to get a few stuns and push a lane at the ten minute mark. The only way meepo can farm is if you sit back and let him teleport all over the map. A good meepo will stall the game for a complete item build because he is rather easily stopped at the midpoint of the game.

Your 70% winrate (true or not) is misleading because many of the players who pick or random meepo for that particular statistic, usually understands how to play it very well. Your average player is not keeping meepo for obvious reasons. So your winrate is irrelevant if you do not include the games played for meepo and the amount of specific players. Also, I have difficulty understanding what your 70% winrate is trying to prove. There are many players who have 80% win ratios playing a wide variety of heroes.

In short, Meepo isn't the problem. Bad players who are clueless are. A meepo who outplays a team and puts in a lot of effort deserves to win so this has nothing to do with him being inherently OP.

your logic actually blow's my mind. Meepo has never been better than it has been in 6.80-6.83 and it have never been better since. The skill level lowering goes both ways, worse players play meepo and worse players play against him, so dont give me this ''only highskilled players play meepo'' crap. It has been years since i have seen a actually good meepo, most of those meepo players with 80% winrate are mediocre at best, they just rely on the fact ur hero autowins the game UNLESS enemy team has a good 5 man team that works together and ends game less than 20 min. Anyone with basic understanding of dota and basic handleing of microing can win with meepo 70% of the time. So basically they ''outplayed'' the opponent was to last pick meepo, wow that guy truely deserves to win, holy fuck what a retarded logic.

My 70% winrate comes from one of the bots i play on where they have public hero stats. https://ohstats.net/en/heroes (Yes i am aware you have some drama with this bot forwhatever reason, but I dont care about that) And its not like meepo has way better KD or AD than most top tier, And the time i have played here, i have not noticed a better skill group here than they have there, atleast in pub.

Sure meepo problem can be somewhat solved by removing easy mode, but we all know that is not going to happen so why even bring that up.
And no. im not saying meepo should be deleted from dota or whatever this post was originally about, but what i am saying is that meepo is OP in 6.83 EM. But hey, I dont expect you to understand that since you think the only reason arc is op cos it can push well LUL, clearly no reason to discuss this any further.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:49 am

Peachtree wrote:Meepo has never been better than it has been in 6.80-6.83 and it have never been better since.

This is somewhat true. He received some really nice buffs in those patches, some were removed in 6.84 and later. I stopped playing dota 2 close to 3 years ago. In those days geo had average 45% w/l. Mine was between 60-66%. In dota 1, my winrate is probably 90-95% with geo. My geo did get better, but the factors are also that average player is worse and the buffs he has in old map.

Right now geo has around 53% wl in dota 2 so he has been receiving buffs recently as well.

Astros wrote:A meepo who outplays a team and puts in a lot of effort deserves to win so this has nothing to do with him being inherently OP.

This.

I mainly just pick geo vs a stacked team who were expecting an easy sure win. So naturally they start crying that meepo is winning 5vs1, is OP and should be removed.

The strategy of pushing all together early is a good one. The way I counter it, is to counter push. At least i get some gold, sometimes I can rax. Sometimes I make some of them TP back and split. So we can get those who were left behind. Or stop their push all together.

Even if they dont split and keep pushing, at least I got some golds and did some prep for pushing. There were a few games where we lost 2 sides early like that, but I got us just enough time and golds from those pushes that we turned the game around and won. Those games are rat dota games. Sometimes you just have to go straight throne and skip rax all together, or after 1 side of rax.

#ratdotaftw
These users thanked the author Dhamma for the post:
Peachtree (Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:57 am)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Peachtree wrote:
Astros wrote:Meepo's been in the game for years and now you guys want him removed. The quality of the game has already gone down since the average playing ability of DotA has decreased due to many players moving on or quitting from the game. Doesn't help that Blizzard continuously feels the need to update a game and simultaneously screwing it up at the same time. The problem really isn't meepo. A competent team can easily stop a meepo assuming they are willing to work together. I don't know why this is even an issue. This game is mainly filled with pubs who have a very low understanding of it so it's not like this requires some Albert Einstein level of intelligence to solve. If someone chooses meepo, tell your team to get a few stuns and push a lane at the ten minute mark. The only way meepo can farm is if you sit back and let him teleport all over the map. A good meepo will stall the game for a complete item build because he is rather easily stopped at the midpoint of the game.

your logic actually blow's my mind. Meepo has never been better than it has been in 6.80-6.83 and it have never been better since. The skill level lowering goes both ways, worse players play meepo and worse players play against him, so dont give me this ''only highskilled players play meepo'' crap. It has been years since i have seen a actually good meepo, most of those meepo players with 80% winrate are mediocre at best, they just rely on the fact ur hero autowins the game UNLESS enemy team has a good 5 man team that works together and ends game less than 20 min. Anyone with basic understanding of dota and basic handleing of microing can win with meepo 70% of the time. So basically they ''outplayed'' the opponent was to last pick meepo, wow that guy truely deserves to win, holy fuck what a retarded logic.

My 70% winrate comes from one of the bots i play on where they have public hero stats. https://ohstats.net/en/heroes (Yes i am aware you have some drama with this bot forwhatever reason, but I dont care about that) And its not like meepo has way better KD or AD than most top tier, And the time i have played here, i have not noticed a better skill group here than they have there, atleast in pub.

Sure meepo problem can be somewhat solved by removing easy mode, but we all know that is not going to happen so why even bring that up.
And no. im not saying meepo should be deleted from dota or whatever this post was originally about, but what i am saying is that meepo is OP in 6.83 EM. But hey, I dont expect you to understand that since you think the only reason arc is op cos it can push well LUL, clearly no reason to discuss this any further.

I would entertain your idiotic reply but 1) You have me mistaken with someone else. I never said anything about OHS nor did I ever say Arc was only OP because he can push well.
2) I don't know or care for who you are. The game is already on the decline and all you want to do is get meepo banned so you can stomp on pubs without the fear of someone sniping you. Get over yourself. I haven't touched dota in months. It's just lamers such as yourself who care too much about pounding a ten year old kid from Venezuela for ELO and then getting upset because someone with Meepo sniped and ruined your account.
3) If you read correctly, you would see that I said that Meepo's winrate of 70% is dependent on the player and games played. He's chosen 5% of the time for a total of 3,387 games. Bara is chosen 61% of the time for 44,100 games. You proved my point with this statistic: Meepo is a specialty hero for certain players. The masses aren't picking meepo. Mainly, those who are experienced and know how to beat down on little kids like you.
4) Average skill level turned to trash. I stopped playing two years ago and it was much more difficult to get a higher K/D and win ratio. Now, you can literally get a 5+ K/D account with a 90% win ratio with relatively minimal effort. And while most of the top players have quit, there are a few around who specialize in Meepo and go around sniping people.

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Im literally last person on this bot to care about elo, since I have never played here that often, because i have half second delay. There is no such thing as sniping me with geo since i play ar
Ent has never have had particularly high skill in pub (no offence ent players) so dont give me the "old times" argument. DOTA 2 AND DOTA 1 EM PUB ARE NOTHING ALIKE. If you have not played this game in two years or whatever you say maybe you should not speak about it with such assurance, since anyone with some clear understanding about 6.83 meepo EM meepo would not argue.
Now im gona say this once more so maybe even you understand. OHS has no good meepo players. You got that? They're microing/gameplay is mediocre at best and they get analad by better players whenever they dont pick autowin hero. Hero that no one can play well has 70% winrate, and you think this seems fair. Get a grip seriously. You can get 100% winrate with 10kda here. Just pick meepo :∆

bansheex
Forest Walker

Postby bansheex » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 pm

I've been a proponent of banning meeps for a long time. I don't like his hero by design, he makes mirror heroes like pl and slith look like shit. "If you kill one meepo they all die!" That's not really a weakness when they're all the same defensive strength, unlike mirrors that take 4x dmg and deal crap dmg. "He's hard to micro!" Then why are so many hotkey wizards doing it. If you think that makes him weaker, then lets give him 20 clones instead of 4. gtfo with that logic.

People arguing that he has counters are only half right and missing the big picture. The problem is that you generally need two or three coordinated counters. So a late pick meepo avoids that solution. The other problem with a hero that demands that much attention to counter is that he has 4 teammates. If all you had to worry about was meepo, then all these meepo apologists would be right. But meeps aint alone. So you sit here and make it sound so simple, but it's not. It's why he gets used to snipe. It's why you see him snowball games with barely any help. He's strong as hell by himself. Now put nort and bara and arc and rhasta on his team. Now guess wrong a few times trying to chase him across the map. You're toast.

Oh, and this idea that an OP hero needs to exist to put a scare into stacks... that doesn't tell me meepo is ok. That tells me ENT has a problem with stacking, which arises from how it assesses elo gains.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 am

bansheex wrote:I've been a proponent of banning meeps for a long time. I don't like his hero by design, he makes mirror heroes like pl and slith look like shit. "If you kill one meepo they all die!" That's not really a weakness when they're all the same defensive strength, unlike mirrors that take 4x dmg and deal crap dmg. "He's hard to micro!" Then why are so many hotkey wizards doing it. If you think that makes him weaker, then lets give him 20 clones instead of 4. gtfo with that logic.

People arguing that he has counters are only half right and missing the big picture. The problem is that you generally need two or three coordinated counters. So a late pick meepo avoids that solution. The other problem with a hero that demands that much attention to counter is that he has 4 teammates. If all you had to worry about was meepo, then all these meepo apologists would be right. But meeps aint alone. So you sit here and make it sound so simple, but it's not. It's why he gets used to snipe. It's why you see him snowball games with barely any help. He's strong as hell by himself. Now put nort and bara and arc and rhasta on his team. Now guess wrong a few times trying to chase him across the map. You're toast.

Oh, and this idea that an OP hero needs to exist to put a scare into stacks... that doesn't tell me meepo is ok. That tells me ENT has a problem with stacking, which arises from how it assesses elo gains.

amazing-every-word.jpg
amazing-every-word.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

that's to most of you btw

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:31 pm

bansheex wrote:I've been a proponent of banning meeps for a long time. I don't like his hero by design, he makes mirror heroes like pl and slith look like shit. "If you kill one meepo they all die!" That's not really a weakness when they're all the same defensive strength, unlike mirrors that take 4x dmg and deal crap dmg. "He's hard to micro!" Then why are so many hotkey wizards doing it. If you think that makes him weaker, then lets give him 20 clones instead of 4. gtfo with that logic.

:lol: Is this guy for real?

Edit: I'm so done with this meepo topic. Peace.

bansheex
Forest Walker

Postby bansheex » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Here's a shutdown of a geo we just had in a pub: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/11310521/
He had everything going for him. Last pick geomancer, no one had picked to counter him, and the favored team (20 ELO) and had a smurf 2/0 on his side.

How? We grouped at 10 minutes and attacked together until all 3 raxes were gone. They couldn't do anything but watch, since Geo only had boots.

Everything you said in this post is absurd. The player picking geo in this game is not a skilled geo player. His play and stats indicate that AND he didn't get mid solo like the trouble geo smurfs this thread is about. The so-called "smurf" on his side (catcha) has a 3 and 2 record and went 0 and 5 tide in his first game and 0 and 8 pudge in this game. Bad. Smurfs are highly skilled players on new accounts to mask their skill. Lots of people start new accounts and get 2 and 0 starts, that doesn't make them smurfs.

The only possible smurf is clockwork, on your team. 3 and 1 record with 3.2kdr and his only loss is an arem 5v4 game where he went 12 and 6.

Your 600 elo player (rhasta) picked and played way above his elo. He got aghs first and travels to defend geo harass, then started going fresher. Didn't feed. Great pick and build order as early push power gets your team early gold and can rax geo before he gets big. A dumber player would've rushed gank items like dagger or tried to get fresher before aghs without the mana pool to use it. Going gank vs push would've bought geo time and given him a chance to ramp up his harass.

Rhasta also got the heroes around him to sustain those early pushes and protect wards. Heal keeps team alive to do dmg, cogs keep geo away from wards, and a hard carry that rushed stun.

Recap: Bad geo with bad teammates. No solo like a real geo sniper would have. On leaver team. Going up against a good push lineup.

Also, you're 21 and I'm 34. Been playing dota way longer than you dude.

Peachtree
Aura Tree

Postby Peachtree » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am

Bois acting like its a merit to win vs absolute dogshit geomancer LUL

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Your definition of smurf is incorrect.

But by all means keep QQing about how meepo is unbeatable. I will just keep beating him in my games, you guys can keep losing if you want :shrug:

Btw meepo will not be banned, it goes against ENT's ideals of what rules should do. ENT isn't here to balance the game. The only time a hero would be banned is if it's glitched.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:56 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Your definition of smurf is incorrect.

But by all means keep QQing about how meepo is unbeatable. I will just keep beating him in my games, you guys can keep losing if you want :shrug:

Btw meepo will not be banned, it goes against ENT's ideals of what rules should do. ENT isn't here to balance the game. The only time a hero would be banned is if it's glitched.

Yep, #ENTsuperfriendly

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:02 pm

If someone latepicks a meepo, why don't you just pick him and repick when the game starts? Or you can whine that you joined an AP game and someone picked meepo while you picked Guardian Wisp.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Astros wrote:If someone latepicks a meepo, why don't you just pick him and repick when the game starts? Or you can whine that you joined an AP game and someone picked meepo while you picked Guardian Wisp.

I'm try this every game and see if people hate me.

EDIT1: I've seen people pick techies and place bomb and repick before 1 min seem more annoying than meepo xD

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Letbell wrote:I've seen people pick techies and place bomb and repick before 1 min seem more annoying than meepo xD

Again with techies? The key word here is "annoying", which is the most dangerous sounding qualifier that can be given to that dumb hero. For instance, calling him "annoying" gives him more credit than calling him "dumb", but he's both.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”