IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
kunkka
Treant

Re: IT'S TIME TO BAN MEEPO

Postby kunkka » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Letbell wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:Letbell wrote:
Now you see why techies should be banned.

No, now I still don't see. I literally have no idea what you just tried to say.

What I am trying to say is... no matter how bad someone play tech, they would still win game regardless.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:40 pm

I've actually won vs a stacked team with a techies who had good stats. Well that's not an accomplishment, but our team had no range at all lol.

I had to do an unorthodox build, manta after blink. And I think i started building book crow too right after. They ended up !ff, kinda dumb because we couldn't push effectively. Kinda dumb, if they just sit in base, eventually they woulda had enough gold to end it.

A few other heroes vs geo are:

Voker. Although more useful in non em. He has a great deal of disables to keep him from escaping. And his tornado meteor blast does a lot of dmg, and before geo gets too farmed and one shot him.

Sniper. Has good range and damage, shrapnel can prevent geo from blinking on him. I've done well vs geo with him.

Centaur. A surprisingly good supplemental pick. A very good aoe stun, and superb dmg on aoe nuke. Hood is core on him so he gets good resistance to his nukes, and his passive +bm, mjolnir will help him tank. Only had 1 game vs geo with him but it went well.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 pm

kunkka wrote:
Letbell wrote:

What I am trying to say is... no matter how bad someone play tech, they would still win game regardless.

You probably knows what I'm trying to say with your dota experiences, but "ok"

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Letbell wrote:You probably knows what I'm trying to say with your dota experiences, but "ok"

techies = cancer. everyone go midas and farm for an hour gg ez. Could've played 2 games instead of 1 tho

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:15 pm

here's an example of sniper vs geo in a game.

Granted that geo wasn't even good. They seemed to have better players and I thought we would lose that. But my noobs played well and got good picks.

oops forgot the link https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/11304042/
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
Letbell wrote:Now you see why techies should be banned.

Astros wrote:Meepo only rapes in a pub game because the majority of pubs simply do not know how to work as a collective unit. A solid team would be able to counter meepo quite easily but it doesn't take much to win a game with meepo when the other team refuses to work together. Hero selection does matter as well so some games, you're really just stuck in an unfortunate situation. You're going to need at least 2-3 disables to properly immobilize a meepo.

Yes, this is meepo's specific weakness, unlike all those heroes who can deal just fine with an entire team unloading everything at them while chaining hard disables.

Take that stick out of your booty, dude. Every hero requires more disables than the other. Your sarcastic traits are quite annoying. If you were half as good as your satire, you'd be 10,000 ELO.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Did I really come off as being angry there? I'm just pointing out the irrelevance of the whole "all you have to do is disable him over and over while lashing out at him" argument that always comes up whenever someone claims meepo or any other hero is imbalanced. Disabling and nuking is how you kill any hero, not just meepo. This is like saying wet cardboard and a brick wall are equally resistant, since they both break if you crash a plane on them. The fact you have to put extra focus on keeping meepo disabled just shows he's harder to kill and more evasive than many others.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Sylvanas wrote:shows he's harder to kill and more evasive than many others.

You said Many others, not any other. This implies that there are heroes that are harder to kill. How about we ban any hero that's hard to kill. Better yet go email icefrog and tell him to remove any hero you think is hard to kill.

#SteelLogic

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Dhamma wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:shows he's harder to kill and more evasive than many others.

You said Many others, not any other. This implies that there are heroes that are harder to kill. How about we ban any hero that's hard to kill. Better yet go email icefrog and tell him to remove any hero you think is hard to kill.

#SteelLogic

I didn't even pronounce myself on whether he's the hardest to kill and if not, who is. Even if you established which hero is the hardest to kill under all circumstances, it wouldn't automatically make him the most imbalanced. It's just one factor. All I'm saying is "well you have to disable him and nuke him" is a worthless argument that just indicates meepo is among the harder to kill general category of heroes. It's not his "counter", it's every and any hero's counter. But sure, if "he's balanced because you can kill him by having your entire team disable and nuke him" solves the whole question, good for you and your #steellogic.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:39 pm

There are many heroes who are not weak to disables.

Naix is a hero with a medium length spell immunity who can easily rip apart a stunner hero before it has the chance to stun him. Slark is a hero who is not countered by disables because it has a natural self-dispel and an ultimate which prevents targeted spells. Any tank hero I would say is also not, since its the point of the hero to eat spells and nukes. Faceless Void is a hero who can cronosphere a hero and kill it before it has any chance to disable him.

Plenty of heroes have built in responses to disables. And there's an external one you can buy (BKB) if you don't. Except that meepo CANNOT use bkb, which is why I say disables are a big weakness for him.

If disables were a counter to every hero, then disabler-carries like Medusa and VS would be overpowered. They aren't.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Disables are a counter to every hero. Not the only counter, but honestly, they're the main one and they're essential in every game. Tanks are not "countered" by disables only in the sense that they aim to have the enemy team disable them over their teammates; the disables themselves are still essential to the other team and still work fully against them. They're not "strong" against them, they're just trying to make their team deal better with them. Some heroes (slark, magic immunes) are able to deal with disables better, but it's not like anyone will ever give up on disabling them as soon as those spells are used up.

Magic immunity is certainly good to have, but I don't think not having the option to get bkb is a major weakness considering not everyone will get it even if they're able to. One of the main reasons for physical carries to get bkb is for dealing with blade mails, which meepo pretty much can disregard due to building massive hp instead and diluting all damage he does between his 5 heroes, not to mention he has 24/7 fountain access.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:13 am

Here's a shutdown of a geo we just had in a pub: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/11310521/
He had everything going for him. Last pick geomancer, no one had picked to counter him, and the favored team (20 ELO) and had a smurf 2/0 on his side.

How? We grouped at 10 minutes and attacked together until all 3 raxes were gone. They couldn't do anything but watch, since Geo only had boots.

WineofViolence
Resource Storage

Postby WineofViolence » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Letbell wrote:

Have you ever actually been in a game with a bad techies, or?

Re: Meepo, he's clearly one of the best heroes in the game but I don't think he's quite unbalanced enough for it to make sense to ban him; balance is crap in EM, anyway, so what are you gonna do?

Macros are annoying, though.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:46 pm

WineofViolence wrote:
Letbell wrote:

Have you ever actually been in a game with a bad techies, or?

Yes, I've been in a game with bad techies and multi-times and loses, because either I underestimate him and knows that certain places are mine/remote and still doesn't bring wards or buy gem or teammate refused to buy ward or gem.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Letbell wrote:Yes, I've been in a game with bad techies and multi-times and loses, because either I underestimate him and knows that certain places are mine/remote and still doesn't bring wards or buy gem or teammate refused to buy ward or gem.

Just buy a couple sentries yourself and place them down the lane as you push? Just go without detection and get exploded with your entire team without suffering any long term consequences because it's a techies team and they typically suck hard at pushing anyway? Honestly, this is the first time I see someone call techies imbalanced. Annoying as hell certainly, but imbalanced? Hell no.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”