Dota Fixed?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Dota Fixed?

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:01 pm

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20768926757

I haven't played since Thursday, but is this true? Blizz is basically saying they fixed and patched all the MOBA issues through custom games.

If so, this is exciting news. Should be able to confirm by tonight

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Re: Dota Fixed?

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Been doing some research, sounds like this should be rolled out within the next week, barring any massive problems in the PTR.

DoTAisDead
Aura Tree

Postby DoTAisDead » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is this why the game will randomly shut down on it's own and show me an error report?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:56 pm

DoTAisDead wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is this why the game will randomly shut down on it's own and show me an error report?

Has to do with the recent blizzard patches => will cause random disconnects in a variety of games. They're trying to fix it but there's no eta afaik.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:05 pm

DoTAisDead wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but is this why the game will randomly shut down on it's own and show me an error report?

Correct. Blizzard keeps making these updates which are great in theory... but they are messing with years of custom games and triggers etc. and most of the time.. The original creators aren't here to fix them, which puts the whole custom game community in trouble.

However it seems after a much delayed response, they have been able to fix their own self-induced problems like the errors and game crashing.

I think within a week or two it should be rolled out and games should be stable again, but this is just an estimate.
These users thanked the author 1B_Fantom for the post:
DoTAisDead (Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:19 pm)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Crashes are fixed on the PTR by the way. Whenever they decide to roll out that patch, it should be better.

DoTAisDead
Aura Tree

Postby DoTAisDead » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Thank you! I was growing frustrated with being dropped from games entirely mid-game. Always seems when I'm doing well, too, lol. The games I'm doing terribly on, it is as stable as a psychiatrist lol.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:40 pm

DoTAisDead wrote:Thank you! I was growing frustrated with being dropped from games entirely mid-game. Always seems when I'm doing well, too, lol. The games I'm doing terribly on, it is as stable as a psychiatrist lol.

hahahaha isn't that how it always goes? Hey man just curious, what server are you on, US East?

DoTAisDead
Aura Tree

Postby DoTAisDead » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 pm

1B_Fantom wrote:
DoTAisDead wrote:Thank you! I was growing frustrated with being dropped from games entirely mid-game. Always seems when I'm doing well, too, lol. The games I'm doing terribly on, it is as stable as a psychiatrist lol.

hahahaha isn't that how it always goes? Hey man just curious, what server are you on, US East?

Yes sir! Sure am. Look me up sometime man! I'm not the greatest player in the game but, I'm funny, so there's that, lol.

Sev
Armored Tree

Postby Sev » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:06 am

-
Last edited by Sev on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Lol cmon now Sev. we had like 9 inhouse games last night, if anything it seems bigger than it was before. im sure it'll take a couple weeks til everyone comes back, but we don't seem to be hurting for activity.

it seems like everything they fucked up since april has been reverted now, what are your major complaints?

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”