How come Dota v6.85m & v6.85 r253 never work for ENT community?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

How come Dota v6.85m & v6.85 r253 never work for ENT community?

Postby Letbell » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 pm

v6.85 r253 are mostly played in iccup and wc3arena.
I've played few games on iccup, and everyone's skill cap is so different compare to ENT, and the draft is mostly semi-carry & supports.
I rarely see any hard-carry picks like we had in ENT dota games.

I tried to search on old archive about when ENT introduces the map v6.85, but then people never got hype or interest about the new changes such as gold/min, nerf/buff on certain heroes, and itemization.

I also read where people played on the map had bad draft, because they queue up with people who have no idea how to play them.

Dhamma
Treant

Re: How come Dota v6.85m & v6.85 r253 never work for ENT community?

Postby Dhamma » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 pm

It doesn't have EM mode.

As far as I recall, the most common excuse is the games take too long. But I think people on ENT just don't know how to last hit.

The other factor is they don't like change. The map and balance changes are different enough that they don't want the change.

Even back in the days of TDA, i think when we moved to 6.00 maps, the changes were significant. People didn't like it, and continued hosting the old map. TDA ended up banning anyone trying to host the old map through their channel.

Conclusion: I think people just don't like change and that's why we are stuck with the old map.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”