When should !vk is valid enough to be used?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

When should !vk is valid enough to be used?

Postby Letbell » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:58 pm

An example is like this one: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11398556

badbomb is Rhasta and there are numerous time during teamfight where he did "nothing: - (I mean literally nothing) or sometimes died by just walking into the enemy straight up numerous time. Is this valid enough to initiate a vk? If not, why?

From what I know that a !vk is valid is when...
1) One of your teammate refuse to listen to you and keep dying
2) Trolling/ruining
3) Afking

I had numerous where one my teammate meet the condition, but no !vk was passed, and even I report those who doesn't votes for vk. It's not enough to be a viable !vk/report. Why is that?

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Re: When should !vk is valid enough to be used?

Postby BeerLord » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:05 pm

What was the reason given on the ban request you submitted?

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:08 am

I didn't post a BR on him, but it probably would end up denied because the player itself is poorly-skilled and doesn't know how to play the hero.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:37 pm

It's possible for a votekick to be valid without the non-voters necessarily doing anything wrong. Sometimes it's relatively subtle and players may have not seen enough to justify voting and have to given the benefit of the doubt. It's not a perfect system, but it's the one ent uses and it won't change. In the end, the source of the problem is still the throwers. If you can only ban those, it's still better than nothing.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:09 am

Letbell wrote:I didn't post a BR on him, but it probably would end up denied because the player itself is poorly-skilled and doesn't know how to play the hero.

Indeed.

Honestly, I don't see anything kick worthy. The entire team is negative k/d which tells me there was a clear disadvantage be it from enemy skill or lack of communication on the team itself. Following that, there isn't any real communicative efforts being made to the rhasta besides a remark from axe at 28 minutes. As far as the negative k/d and the lack of "assistance" in teamfights is concerned - Just inexperienced, as you've said.

There is a line to be made when inexperience crosses over into game ruining, and it would've helped this "case" should it have became one if there was actual concerns raised in-game to the rhasta and there simply isn't, therefor, he is just playing the game to the best of his capability and obviously it didn't work out well with a rather decent gyro, a bara and a lion followed by sk and tusk which is just an overall nasty snowball comp.

So - to answer;
Letbell wrote:Is this valid enough to initiate a vk? If not, why?

No.

Because, assuming a player like yourself would've initiated a votekick, you would've had to have given a reason and for that game it could've been that rhasta was not contributing enough in fights. Also, not pushing with the team in it's small efforts to do so. But then, counter argument could be made that it's (most likely) a returning player. Obviously, doesn't play often if at all and the lack of experience just got the better of him. Also to note, and yes I know who you were, there wasn't any real words exchanged with you and himself.

While the DotA community usually likes to take negative k/d, negative elo negative anything on a player be it overall or from a specific game and claim that said stats speaks to how they "ruined" - There is also crucial factors like above stated that I myself usually take into account when dealing with votekick abuses/game ruin by lack of team-play.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”