Good luck all!

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Dhamma
Treant

Good luck all!

Postby Dhamma » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm retiring for good. To all those I played with, good luck with all your endeavors. Been playing this game on and off since dota ROC days, probably longer than anyone else on here. But it's time for a new chapter in my life.

To those interested, i'll be volunteering at a meditation center for some months (dhamma.org for more info) and then to travel the world indefinitely.

I took my first mediation course years ago, and it has been life changing for me. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself. This is not a religion or a spiritual practice. At the center, there are no statues, paintings, candles, incense, or any other paraphernalia you typically see in churches and temples. Meditation centers run entirely on donation and volunteer basis. There is no obligation to donate whatsoever. The only commitment one has is to work hard, stay duration of the course and follow the rules.

The meditation teaches you to concentrate your mind. Then to use that sharpened mind to examine yourself. This process dissolves the reactive part of your mind, so you become more in control of your every day actions. This is a very basic explanation, it is difficult to describe in a few words.

An excellent documentary of this practice being taught at a maximum security prison in USA.Dhamma Brothers
Another good older one that was done in an Indian prison. Doing Time Doing Vipassana

Be happy!
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Good luck all!

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 am

Bye SheSwallows, good meditating and spiritual traveling or whatever.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm

It's been fun; see ya, the drama squad will miss you. Let me know if you come back sometime :d

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Everyone comes back ;)

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:58 am

Good riddance.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Good luck on your journey, and ur always welcome to comeback (the drama squad will remain :D )

kunkka wrote:Everyone comes back ;)

You're absolutely right - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=135757

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”