Bypass Ignore

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
ShortestStraw
Forest Walker

Bypass Ignore

Postby ShortestStraw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 am

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you all about 'bypass ignore'. What is this? Where can I find in in DotA rules?
Please help, I am legitimately curious about this strange rule.

If you can post a link to this rule I'd be thankful.

Cheers :)

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Bypass Ignore

Postby Panopticon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:41 pm

There's no specific rule because it falls under this rule:
"Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively."

There shouldn't need to be a specific rule about it (as it's pretty easy to understand if you have half a brain), except players like you are going to make that into a specific rule.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 pm

In case you were sleeping: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=133541
It's another one of those things that 'became' a rule suddenly because the mods wanted it to be.
You can only !slap people if you're a moderator: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=135654
If you're a mod, then you'll just get immediately banned and unbanned -> processed, ez.

Meanwhile you have FalenGa saying that slap's only bannable when used excessively: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=135654#p524374
And you got merex saying it's bannable when used non-excessively: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133536

They have absolutely no clue what they're doing with this command. I may have won the most disappointing ex-mod award, but there are about 4 people who I could give the most disappointing current mod award to.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 pm

In fairness though, there have been posts I've seen people ask "how long constitutes afk?" One ban appeal I've read the guy was adamant that afk should not be banned at all b/c after 5 mins you get "afk kicked" anyways. Another claimed under 5 mins should not be bannable. Then there are those who are afk for 30 secs here, 25 sec there, 40 sec there throughout the game.

Then there's the how many votekicks does it take before it becomes abuse? Then people also asking "how many times can i miss team fights before it is considered not cooperating with team?"

The ignore command is there for players who wish to play a nontoxic game. I don't even know why there is a slap command to being with. But if someone ignores you, they don't want to hear from you. Ignore is the last resort to avoid toxicity and if a person chooses to violate that, that is the definition of trolling. I support the instant ban for any !slap.

I think rules are there as a guideline for general gameplay, it is more about the players intention, attitude, motive, etc... which I've seen mods use as a basis for bans of afk, votekick abuse, etc...

Shorteststraw, you know you shouldn't override an ignore with a !slap. You shouldn't require anyone to explain that to you. Even this thread is a troll. The rules on wiki is brief and simple. But if every rule is explained in severe detail down to how many min is afk and how many levels of afk with corresponding ban duration, etc... is why the laws in real life are so complicated we have lawyers. And nobody likes lawyers.

And I just want to say I remember you as one of the most carefree players. You use to run around with 700 elo and I would still play on your team b/c you were fun to play with. But lately I don't know, you were always toxic. I had to ignore you a couple times myself.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers.
These users thanked the author nitromon for the post:
BeerLord (Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 pm)

ShortestStraw
Forest Walker

Postby ShortestStraw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 pm

For me personally, bans should only regard breaking rules that affect the game. Slapping affects nothing except for some players' emotional state at times...

I disagree with banning for slapping and I can see thanks to @EdgeOfChaos that mods are being confused about it too.

However, since I have been banned for it, I will make my mission to report every one who does it from now on - my goal here is to make the mods rethink banning for !slap as it's so petty it's remarkable (as well as very common ...).

I hope DotA can become a +12yo game again and emotionally disturbed kids who feel offended by a !slap will play some other games, i.e., tetris.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:34 pm

I would like to ask you all about 'bypass ignore'. What is this? Where can I find in in DotA rules?
Please help, I am legitimately curious about this strange rule.

For the time being, it falls under the rule stated by Panopticon. Case closed.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”