Major Improvement Fix for Dota Scoreboard

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.

Need Fix Top List Stats Scores

Poll ended at Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 am

1) Remove All stats For players that not played After wc3connect
64%
2)Dont Change Toplist Statboard, Keep it how it is
14%
3) Nobody cares about Stats Anymore to Change it
21%

Total votes: 14

nitromon
Treant

Re: Major Improvement Fix for Dota Scoreboard

Postby nitromon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:25 am

I'm sure the 17 players left on ENT finds this important.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 am

Top 10 of past would be the same of the future. Smoker_ 1819 elo rank 1, Shibal-Nyon 1780 elo (xsaintxx) rank 2, Creation_ 1630 elo (product) rank 3, and then all the rest of the noobs who cant get past 1500 elo without resetting. DortFortpepega cant get past 1050 elo, without making new account. Wp.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 am

Korean is rain- , he's admin who pays real money to keep his stats relevant, even though he is washed up stacker; its literally impossible to win 100 games in a row, without 5 man team. Smoker, creation, me, and everyone else above 1600 elo plays on smurfs daily, and play 1-2 games every few months so stats don't get wiped. There's no point of updating any top 10 list, since everyone, literally everyone smurfs, so elo means nothing. A game might look balanced, but since im 2k+ and so are many others playing on 1000 elo accounts, elo really is useless.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:43 am

I'm saying it's not a useful metric for skill. K/d is something, but people can just pick certain heros like meepo, or play a certain style and have an inflated score. I agree, but you make a new account every single day, so why do you care about updated leaderboards? Stick to one account for a few weeks, see how you do.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm

I thought stats get cleared every 3 months or so if player is not active. Is it some sort of bug when the stats is there for a year, 2 years, forever...?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:40 pm

markaragnos wrote:if elo is useless then what are stats for?
the only reason people play on wc3connect is for stats and ban.
if you take away the stats from it, theres no players. Every Game has Updated leaderboards
and rankings or else it becomes dead game. you dont want updated scores?, gg

I think those who stick to one account mostly just care about improving their personal stats, and those who smurf just want to ruin it for them, or maybe their self image is so far above what they're really worth that they have to reset every time they lose or do badly for their stats to be representative of how good they think they are. It's been this way for a long time. Some want 2k elo for the 2k elo itself, not whatever ranking it represents. People don't really look at the top scores.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 am

markaragnos wrote:why would the duration be set to N/A? didnt it used to be 3 months?
so this means anyone that had stats from 2-3k elo can just restore it for 3 dollars and it will be there forever?
even Nabos 3k elo Broken account?

n/a means what it means, that it doesn't apply, not infinity. Those stats would probably reset if they played a game on those accounts.

markaragnos wrote:pubs literally Wont care if they win or lose. Because they can just make a new account

What does this have to do with the top players list? It's always been this way, and I don't see how keeping the list updated would change anything to it.

markaragnos wrote:I really thought people played here for Banlist and stats

Sure, but also the pings for cross server games on desync.net are horrendous, plus it's not called desync.net for nothing. Good thing le REFORGED that was promised will come and solve everything, while presumably also ending all wars, feeding the malnourished and curing all diseases. How could we possibly expect any less coming from the worthless pathetic clowns who are currently doing such a stellar job with wc3.
Attachments
twofacedshiteaterassclown.png
twofacedshiteaterassclown.png (610.34 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

tyler11
Treant

Postby tyler11 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:27 am

Strongly support this, stats make the game fun because u can have a goal to aim for. and all the players on the current leaders quit dota after update so let's do this with entconnect stats

@hazardous
@unitil

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 am

Most likely - they transfered recently to a new account (since product = creation_, who had his stats on that account until recently -> https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=creation_ ; Zam = Zamarok https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=zamarok , who also had games in less than 2 months, and so on)

Stats are reset after 90 days of inactivity - however you just need to play 1 game every now and then, and stats are kept within (If i had to take a guess, there's only 2 possibilties:

A) They transfered stats to a new name, played the game and transfered back - seems unlikely since you can only transfer every 7 days, if im not wrong, meaning it took 14 days for them to do so)
B) Everytime you swap stats to a new account, the timing is reset - Not confirmed yet, but looking at some other cases, which you dind't even notice, that seems possible)

Also, most of these top players that you mention, are still active players, just playing on new accounts lately (Zamarok, Product/Creation and Korean/Rain/Soju)

tyler11 wrote:Strongly support this, stats make the game fun because u can have a goal to aim for. and all the players on the current leaders quit dota after update so let's do this with entconnect stats

Biggest lol - The person who threw games under an alias (aka Nightmare), to boost his Vaylen account, wants to talk about stats roflmao

Don't you have a new goal yet? oO

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:02 am

Master Vaylen and DortFortPepega want to get to top 10, so let's all reset our accounts so they can have their chance. Krappa

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50 am

Zeratul wrote:Most likely - they transfered recently to a new account (since product = creation_, who had his stats on that account until recently -> https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=creation_ ; Zam = Zamarok https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=zamarok , who also had games in less than 2 months, and so on)

Stats are reset after 90 days of inactivity - however you just need to play 1 game every now and then, and stats are kept within (If i had to take a guess, there's only 2 possibilties:

A) They transfered stats to a new name, played the game and transfered back - seems unlikely since you can only transfer every 7 days, if im not wrong, meaning it took 14 days for them to do so)
B) Everytime you swap stats to a new account, the timing is reset - Not confirmed yet, but looking at some other cases, which you dind't even notice, that seems possible)

Also, most of these top players that you mention, are still active players, just playing on new accounts lately (Zamarok, Product/Creation and Korean/Rain/Soju)

tyler11 wrote:Strongly support this, stats make the game fun because u can have a goal to aim for. and all the players on the current leaders quit dota after update so let's do this with entconnect stats

Biggest lol - The person who threw games under an alias (aka Nightmare), to boost his Vaylen account, wants to talk about stats roflmao

Don't you have a new goal yet? oO

Nah, I actually haven't swapped stats from ZaM for like a year I believe. Not sure why it's still there haha. Back to the subject, who the F cares?
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

OBEY
Armored Tree

Postby OBEY » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm

If you transfer stat your acc stats stay alive and who cares about stat why are you making two post on the discussion section about this just keep it one topic. Just like zam said who the f cares?

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:17 pm

markaragnos wrote:president.xi stats just got Wiped from top 10 list.
Something strange seems to be going on. And does not make sense.
When will ZAM account be deleted? and why RAin does not have to play dota to keep his stats ?

Why do you care? If you want, I'll have the mods transfer the stats to your own account. Believe me, I don't really care. The game is seeing a massive decline in player base and you're worried about the top stats of DotA not being wiped out. Reevaluate your life and come back when you have something productive to comment on.

Imagine being in 2019 and this is your reaction.

"OMG, WHY IS ZAM'S DOTA STATS NOT BEING DELETED. I NEED IT DELETED NOW!"

Yeah, something strange is definitely going on. Particularly, you. Never seen someone care so much, lmao.

YamiBakura32
Armored Tree

Postby YamiBakura32 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm

why would the duration be set to N/A? didnt it used to be 3 months?
so this means anyone that had stats from 2-3k elo can just restore it for 3 dollars and it will be there forever?
even Nabos 3k elo Broken account?
ke this.

3k elo? Is this a joke?
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT
I keep it real cause i'm not afraid to make enemies. YamiBakura32 - Best player on ENT

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:07 pm

markaragnos wrote:
Astros wrote:
markaragnos wrote:president.xi stats just got Wiped from top 10 list.
Something strange seems to be going on. And does not make sense.
When will ZAM account be deleted? and why RAin does not have to play dota to keep his stats ?

Why do you care? If you want, I'll have the mods transfer the stats to your own account. Believe me, I don't really care. The game is seeing a massive decline in player base and you're worried about the top stats of DotA not being wiped out. Reevaluate your life and come back when you have something productive to comment on.

Imagine being in 2019 and this is your reaction.

"OMG, WHY IS ZAM'S DOTA STATS NOT BEING DELETED. I NEED IT DELETED NOW!"

Yeah, something strange is definitely going on. Particularly, you. Never seen someone care so much, lmao.

I dont care about taking your stats?. Clearing stats on dead accounts has nothing to do with me.
this is what every game does when players become Inactive.

if stats are relevant every game needs to have Updated scores, or it becomes dead game.
Update the stats board and more players will enjoy Dota and competitive growth will rise, you want to see new players reaching high elo?
If there are less players than before than you need to update stats to keep the remaining players. Nobody likes to play if the stats means nothing.

wc3connect was released on october, maybe all the stats will be deleted soon and only wc3connect stats will be recorded.
The scoreboard needs to moves on .

You're missing the point. Why does it bother you so much? Would it make any bit of a difference if I played a single game to reset the three month time limit and won or loss 10 elo? There's something more to it and I think it may be you feeling inferior when you look at the stats. And the removing of stats is quite silly to me, anyways. In sports, stats aren't removed for historical context. Also, ENT isn't a game, lol. It's a third-party service that happens to support a game. The game itself (WC3) doesn't keep track of DotA stats so your argument is moot. I'm curious as to how you figured more players will play if inactive stats are cleared. I don't know why my stats are still there. Actually, now that I remember it, Zeratul might be correct in that swapping stats resets the three month period. There is less activity in ENT hosted games because of Blizzard, a natural decline in a game as it gets older, and because people simply develop other interest. But you know what the bigger problem is? You're clearly smurfing on variations of the "dortfort" username so why do you care? Why don't you just stick with one account and bump the other spots down? I don't understand how you can create numerous smurfs and then cry about someone who has high ELO but are inactive.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”