Warning.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Merex
Oversight Staff

Warning.

Postby Merex » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm

There's been an influx of off-topic/irrelevant posting in the ban request section and I've, alongside my other mods, have caught each and every one of you contributing to this nonsense at one point within the last 30 days.

Some of you have faced official board warnings, some of you even forum bans be it small or not. However, the issue is with the DotA community entirely and I'm not going to put up with it anymore. That being said,

Should there be any sort of nonsense coming from anyone within the community, there will be forum bans. Take this as a formal warning for you guys to clean up your act and allow me to remind you of the following;
  • The ban request section is not for casual chatter or any sort of "bashing" on another player.
  • If you've something to post that can contribute, do post. If not, keep it to yourself.
    • Saying "yea hes a ruiner ive played with him before" means absolutely nothing to us. Unless you've a replay/any evidence to back this claim which further speaks to the behavior of said violator(s), then refrain from posting this.
    • Saying "i was in that game hes bad" also means absolutely nothing. Be specific, who were you? Can you confirm said actions? Do you've anything to add? etc.
  • The ban request section is also not to start fueling arguments. For instance, if you do post something be it a contribution to another request or your own and someone comes in doing the above/trying to tick you off, that's not a ticket for you to start doing the same. Rather, just report the post and we'll take care of it.

Any ban requests beyond this point will be monitored more tightly than usual and I expect not to see any of this anymore. Take the sub-forum seriously and leave your banter in this one.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post (total 3):
DOTA_TRASHCANS (Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm) • xSAINTx1 (Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:18 pm) • Panopticon (Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:21 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”