DotA 6.85ne

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Re: DotA 6.85ne

Postby Tufuuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am

Sup,

I uploaded a new version (ne11) on epicwar: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296280/

It deals with Invoker crashing the game (in the latest patches 1.3x) and I added a -share command which also works with brown now. (The F11 method is bugged in all maps since patch 1.29). There are also some other minor bugfixes.

PrincessIce
Aura Tree

Postby PrincessIce » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I played it yesterday. If we considering and voting for ne10, might as well go with ne11 instead

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02 am

Hey once more,

I uploaded ne12 now on epicwar.com. This update contains the long anticipated -skin command which lets you change your hero model. The new model for Ember needed to be removed caused of some issues (might be added back in future versions). The old Necro model uses the new animations for his spells cause of the same issues (but still looks decent immo and you can -skin to get the new model as well). All other heroes /spells are completely restored. Moreover I decided to add a balance change after a long time (since ne2) on popular demand:
- Arc Warden's Clone can no longer carry Divine Rapier nor Gem
This change was also applied in the 6.88 map and it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

You can download the new map here: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296498/
I tested 4-5 games on Bnet and it seems to work fine (No crashes / bugs)

There are still 2 bugs I'd like to fix which are most likely caused by the new Blizzard patch (like the bara and Invo crash) These bugs also occurr on Draco's original map, so it's unlikely I caused them.... One is very critical (causes crashes), but luckily is a bit random. The other one causes a spell to malfunction (also very random). There are also some other minor bugs (not caused by Blizzard), which are mostly visual bugs and dont affect the game much. I'll try to fix 'em all, but at a slow pace.
If you decide to upload this map on your ENT servers it might be that you won't have these issue because you play on an older patch.

As you all know I am currently developing this for free. If you wanna support me there is one great way to do this:
Tell all people to clear their Documents/WarcraftIII/Maps folder from DotA maps and to download the maps from the links I provided above (ne10, ne11 and ne12). There are some nasty cheaters around who add cheats to my maps and people have hundreds of dota maps like "Dota 6.85ne11~5" etc.
It is not recommended to download a map in Bnet from a host that you don't know / trust. I think the fbg guys also have a download link on their website somewhere (not sure though xd)

Finally go download and test the ne12 map. It was a lot of work for and as I said it seems to work quite good. Yet I'd rather call this version experimental, if you encounter any bugs/exploits regarding the -skin commmand please let me know.

Have fun & happy gaming.
These users thanked the author Tufuuu for the post (total 2):
Hyo (Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 pm) • Merex (Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 pm)

Hyo
Basic Tree

Postby Hyo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Tufuuu wrote: I think the fbg guys also have a download link on their website somewhere (not sure though xd).

Heya, and yes :) https://firstbloodgaming.com/forums/topic/dota-map/

Thanks for still developing and fixing the map!

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks for the link ;)

In case someone cares: I managed to fix 1 of the horrible bugs (In rare cases (5-10%) Dragon Knight's Firebreath didnt deal damage nor the animation was shown but the spell was set on full cooldown and mana was used). If you find any critical bugs in ne12 (e.g. Is clockwerk still crashing the game sometimes?), let me know.
I can't promise that I can solve everything because finding the causes of these bugs is very tedious. I also asked 2-3 times on HIVE but usually I don't get any help, so I have to solve everything on my own... But I try my best.
I played a few games on ne12 and for my part I didn't notice anything serious.
I plan to add the "full" old necro back (with its old animations) and I try to fix some of the minor bugs as well. If no other big issues are reported I will release something like "ne12a" indicating that there are no big changes done other than some few adjustments.

Cheers
Hyo (Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 am) • Astros (Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am)

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:40 am

Tufuuu wrote:Thanks for the link ;)

In case someone cares: I managed to fix 1 of the horrible bugs (In rare cases (5-10%) Dragon Knight's Firebreath didnt deal damage nor the animation was shown but the spell was set on full cooldown and mana was used). If you find any critical bugs in ne12 (e.g. Is clockwerk still crashing the game sometimes?), let me know.
I can't promise that I can solve everything because finding the causes of these bugs is very tedious. I also asked 2-3 times on HIVE but usually I don't get any help, so I have to solve everything on my own... But I try my best.
I played a few games on ne12 and for my part I didn't notice anything serious.
I plan to add the "full" old necro back (with its old animations) and I try to fix some of the minor bugs as well. If no other big issues are reported I will release something like "ne12a" indicating that there are no big changes done other than some few adjustments.

Cheers

Nice work, buddy. It means a lot to see people still putting effort into DotA 1 maps.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 am

Sup,

so finally I uploaded ne12a which fixes the Fire Breathe bug (Dragon Knight) and one other minor bug (memory leaks). Actually I'd rather release a ne13 but since no more big issues have been reported and since I mostly won't be able to do more stuff the next 4-6 weeks I have no other choice.

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296654/

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. Regards

PS.: Unfortunately clock still can crash the game in all versions.
PrincessIce (Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 am) • Hyo (Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:05 pm)

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Good stuff tufuuu. soon as we figure out this clock issue (if possible) the map seems like its pretty much perfect. thanks bud

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Glad to hear.
That clockbug is really annoying. I don't have much time atm ... so if someone wants to test it for me in solo mode here are some commands that you can use:
-g x for x gold
-d x for x dummies (centaur)
-c to gain control over all units on the map
-b gives the selected hero a blink ability
-r refresh mana / hp of the selected hero
-wtf no cooldowns /manacost for spells
-test for multiplayer/Lan games to enable the extra commands (you have to type this right in the beginning of the game)

If you think you know how this crash occurs then write me a step by step guide on how to do this. You should have successfully tested it 2-3 times on your own before your pm me. Btw this can be very tiresome. The Bara crash for example only occured after at least 6 minutes of the game have passed, similar with Invoker (=> thanks to bad patches). Therefore it is also helpful to start a LAN game, so that you can let the game run in the background while you are doing something else.

Thanks in advance & cheers

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:18 am

Tufuuu wrote:Sup,

so finally I uploaded ne12a which fixes the Fire Breathe bug (Dragon Knight) and one other minor bug (memory leaks). Actually I'd rather release a ne13 but since no more big issues have been reported and since I mostly won't be able to do more stuff the next 4-6 weeks I have no other choice.

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296654/

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. Regards

PS.: Unfortunately clock still can crash the game in all versions.

Hey, im just wondering why theres still so many bugs in this new version. It seems theres still problems with dc, and its even more unplayable then the previous version, 6.85ne10. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/614144954880622609/616467398286901293/Screenshot_2019-08-28-22-58-45.jpg- (this is chat msg from fbg group hosting the new map)

Im not sure what changes your doing, but this new versions are still bugged. In Bnet Players are crashing games with new map, too many errors not playable. It happened too many times , feels like playing beta version.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 am

We fixed it, we figured out one of the players had downloaded a corrupted version and kept dropping. Unfortunate, but since then we've had multiple games without issue.

Let me know if you want the screenshots, but Tufuuu is doing good work making fixes, and he even said himself the newest ones were betas. Ne10 has been completely stable for months.
Last edited by Unitil on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed remarks without evidence provided.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:03 am

Fantom, anything he has to say on any topic is irrelevant. The only thing he is invested in is the Art of Troll. I think you've done a great job holding the inhouse crowd together, and it seems to have grown and gotten better. Good job.

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:25 am

How is ne12/12a supposed to be unplayable when there are 3-4hrs videos on twitch (fbgdota) of people playing ne12a without any issues? lawl

Same for ne10 ... for ne10 your claim is even more ridiculous, this map has been hosted hundreds of times. Literally noone told me yet(Battle.net, Discord, Blizzard forums) that this map is unplayable.

Ofc there might be some issues, of which some I may have caused. But I know for sure that the Blizzard patch causes a lot of trouble regarding lagging, dcs and crashes - even (more) on your beloved 6.83 map. And there is noone keeping 6.83 up to date, dealing with these issues. That's why almost noone is hosting it anymore.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 am

Ok, enough off topic stuff.

If you're not talking about DotA 6.85ne and trailing of topic you will be silenced from the forum for 2 days. If you want stuff to be reviewed, then send it to a staff member via PM or report stuff like it should be. None of these baseless accusations back and forth in the wrong section of the forum. It is not conductive to a healthy discussion, and is not welcome on this topic.

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi there,

from what I have seen in Bnet the current version ne12a seems to be pretty stable. I played myself some games without issues.
Unfortunately the last remaining (known) horrible (Blizzard) bug with clock is not fixed yet. I played myself 2-3 games with clock and the game didn't crash.
If you know how to trigger the crash with clock please let me know. That guy/girl who successfully helped me with this will get a little reward: His/her Bnet name will be added to the list of possible names for clockwerk (The hero will have a ~20% chance to carry his / her name). I hope this will give you some motivation :P
Thanks & Regards

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”