AREM Revival

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Frenzuh
Resource Storage

AREM Revival

Postby Frenzuh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:51 pm

The current state of dota on the ENT bots after it switched from bnet to entconnect only has been 99% APEM games, and I haven't seen a single AREM game run in last few weeks.

I know there are people who still prefer arem, as we end up changing APEM games to arem sometimes, with 5+ people voting for the game change mode, which in a sense is unfair to the people who just want to play apem, but for the people like me, who want AREM, its our only realistic way of getting a AREM game.

The problem is, arem lobbys take longer to fill, they always have. Back when people could still join bnet, the player pool was much larger, and AREM games still filled relatively quick, but now they don't fill at all. At first, after the change to entconnect only, AREM still filled, it just took much longer, and people are too impatient (or don't have the time) to wait for a AREM lobby to fill. This progressed in people basically giving up on the lobby as a whole, and the games do not run anymore.

I think we can fix this issue, as AREM Lobbys WILL FILL if it gets just 4-5 people, the issue is getting the first 4-5 people, after that its a non issue. I ask the community, especially the ones who still prefer AREM over APEM, To join AREM lobbys if that is what you want to play, if you have the time, and to try and revive the AREM side of things for ENT.

APEM is filled with people who go the same heroes, over and over (Aren't you guys tired of playing with a techies, bara, slark, etc, every single game?)

This gameplay, for me anyways, has become very tedious and non enjoyable, and I think in general it hurts the dota community's longevity, which has already struggled a lot of negative things in the past 6 months, and at the moment is on thin Ice.

I think it all comes down to people having patience, and just sticking it out for a lobby, regardless of how long it takes, and eventually once games run more and more, the lobby's will start filling again.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to how to fix this, please share.

Frenzuh
Resource Storage

Re: AREM Revival

Postby Frenzuh » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 pm

We just had 4 games in a row after this post... We had a small group willing to wait in the lobbys and we spread the word the the APEM lobbys, our journey will be to continue to spread the word and sit in AREM games, please join us.

Also, AR has luck involved, but the luck involved in the mode isn't all that bad... The way the games are run today, there are a lot of smurfs, and a lot of stacks, at least with the AR luck, the teams who had 0% chance before, now have something higher than 0% to win. I like to play all kinds of heroes, and most people who play AR are the same way, and it, on average, has a much higher skill pool involved than your standard APEM game, so its still better than APEM, imo.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 pm

I don't agree. Getting high rank in ap has always been harder then arem. Ar always has trash players, and there's no need for you to be good with 120 heroes, when being good at 5 is enough to make you a world renowned player. Look at dota 2 for example, admiral bulldog is a retired professional player, and full time streamer, who consistently plays 2-3 heroes, and is rank 200 in the world. Being a jack of all trades, master of none is pointless, and ar will always be inconsistent based on the heroes.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote: when being good at 5 is enough to make you a world renowned player.

:lol: I'm sorry, this is just hilarious. I don't think anyone on ENT plays to be "world renowned" in any context. I mean I'm very glad and appreciative of ENT continuing the last Alamo of Dota 1, but it is still just a small group of Dota 1 fans. If you want to play competitively, as you've stated, that's in the DOTA 2 arena now unfortunately. But even so, to be "world renowned" you have to play league games and get into real competition, not these public games. These are just for fun! ;)

----

Back to the OP's topic. I played a few AREM and then got really pissed that I keep getting Chen, Pugna etc... while the opposition gets Slark, SB, etc... So it has nothing to do with patience in the lobby, I simply hate the mode. And it is even more unfair b/c though heroes are random, but you are allowed to swap. So even if the opponent noob player gets slark, he can swap it with a pro player on his team who got a bad hero and then we're back to square 1 about the problem you mentioned in APEM.

If some guy on the other team is going to play slark, SB, LC, etc... then I prefer that I have the chance to counter it with a hero counter than leave it up to chance.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 pm

@nitromon obviously I was referring to professional dota 2 players having small hero pools, not shitty dota 1. I also don't appreciate you commenting on every thread, and posting "how-to guides" on heroes in easy mode, which will never be relevant in any actual dota context. "Carry" treant is a joke. Go back to building dagon on spec and being laughed at by EVERYONE.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:20 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote:@nitromon obviously I was referring to professional dota 2 players having small hero pools, not shitty dota 1. I also don't appreciate you commenting on every thread, and posting "how-to guides" on heroes in easy mode, which will never be relevant in any actual dota context. "Carry" treant is a joke. Go back to building dagon on spec and being laughed at by EVERYONE.

Woah woah, take it easy big guy. :lol: Why so triggered? You got some anger issues. You have a problem with me exercising my freedom to post my comments or opinions?

I'm sorry, are only some members allow to post in the strategy forum? Are you a forum mod now?

Why do you always have to fight with everyone on here? I've said nothing in my last post which would've offended you or anyone. Chill. :roll:

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 pm

@xSAINTx1 @nitromon Settle down. Both of you.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Merex wrote:@xSAINTx1 @nitromon Settle down. Both of you.

My apologies, I just posted something I found amusing, it wasn't about anyone or personal. I wasn't expecting someone to get offended and started trashing and name calling me for no reason. But again, here's the perfect reason why the player pool is getting smaller and smaller. :roll:

I'll stop posting this thread now. Sorry.

(Actually, I'll start using the forum block list again. Don't want to see anymore of saint's toxicity.)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:08 am

I was able to play a few arem games with reasonable lobby waiting time when I first tried entconnect, by joining the lobby during US evening times, but then it just completely stopped filling, so I haven't been logging on anymore. Last time I had checked, the arem lobby had been up for hundreds of hours. The potential players are obviously still available, but no one wants to be the first dickhead that joins lobby for like an hour while no one else does due to not having any faith it might start.

If we picked a specific time of day to join, I'll help get the ball rolling. If people start believing arem games are a thing again, they might restart joining on their own.

Frenzuh
Resource Storage

Postby Frenzuh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:47 am

We ended up getting 4 AREM games going today Sylvanas, we had to message APEM lobbys to join the arem lobby, but after the first game got going, the next 3 filled pretty quick with repeat players and then lobbys fill in general pretty easily when it has 6-7 already.

I think a specific day of the week isn't a good long term solution, but I think for the short term it could definitely benefit, what day are you thinking?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 am

Frenzuh wrote:We ended up getting 4 AREM games going today Sylvanas, we had to message APEM lobbys to join the arem lobby, but after the first game got going, the next 3 filled pretty quick with repeat players and then lobbys fill in general pretty easily when it has 6-7 already.

I think a specific day of the week isn't a good long term solution, but I think for the short term it could definitely benefit, what day are you thinking?

I meant a specific predetermined hour of the evening, any day. If enough people follow suit, a first game could get started and then it could go from there. If it works, those players might start joining at other times and get games started even then. Right now, no one expects the game to actually start if they join an empty lobby at any random time, so they just don't join.

Chasing people left and right and trolling the apem lobbies every single time you want to get a game started isn't a long term solution for reviving arem games, it's a short term solution for just getting that one game started.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm

TrashHunter wrote:ar is a trashcan mode for trashcans.
someone random slark or geo = GG
at least go and switch mode to -cm for fun to make noobs quit who dont knwo whats going on

Says a riki pickre who gets mom and buriza? Lul
Last edited by kunkka on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:08 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote:there's no need for you to be good with 120 heroes, when being good at 5 is enough to make you a world renowned player.

Madter_pain is a world renowned player I guess :lol:

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”