Apem mode sucks

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tobby231
Forest Walker

Apem mode sucks

Postby tobby231 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:41 am

I really think we should either set default mode to normal ap mode, arem mode or rdem mode instead of apem. With apem mode, Dota is really not fun any more. Every game you can see bara, techies, silencer, slark and other few imba heros. The game itself is not fun anymore, players only play it just for the win. If we want to keep this game alive, we need to make this game more fun.

APEM is one of the worst mode I can acutually think of among all. I know Dota 1 is fading out, but it is still very popular in some countries, like Russia, China, Korea. In China, there are different platforms where ppl can play on it with either ap mode or rd mode. Personally I think we should have the default mode set to some other modes but not apem. If other players think it is unfair, we can start a vote on the forum to decide. This is just my 2 cents, feel free to post your thoughts.
She's back.

Letbell
Treant

Re: Apem mode sucks

Postby Letbell » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Apem mode is meant for casual players who can join and play a quick game. Casual players who bare a minimum of game's mechanic can enjoy 60% of the most of the games they played. Apem mode might be the worst for players who know the game pretty well that keep matching up with inexperienced players, resulting bad experiences with the mode itself.

Keep in mind that ENT Dota gaming community focuses are friendly-gaming where casual players can still enjoy nostalgic Dota 1 game unlike other platform where they including both system for casual gamers & competitive gamers such as wc3arena.net, iccup, rgc, and dotalicious.

Although, there are still dota in-house in ENT community, but you would have to adjust your schedule so that you have time to participate some nice competitive gaming.

My thought on changing apem to different modes:
Changing apem to other modes as long -em mode is kept so that casual players can still enjoy a quick game.
However, the downside is that casual players are usually stick to their favorite heroes and their learning gap on the new heroes take time. Why? Casual players have their own time in real life too; they have a job, they have a family, and they have priorities on their own personal life. Keeping apem mode in ENT Dota community is the simple solution that both casual players & competitive players can goes in for a quick game and then do other things.

I don't see any viability on rd, cm, and non-em mode would work in ENT dota community. Those mode are for players who have higher experiences and game's knowledge compare to casual players that doesn't take the game too seriously. Sure, it would change the pace of the game once in a while, but it's not worth it for casual gamers who already find a place that works for them. Hence, that's why in-house dota games in ENT Dota community for such modes.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 am

I'm still waiting for Warcraft reforged. Hopefully that'll bring some old and new players back to Dota 1.
;)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 am

Letbell wrote:I'm still waiting for Warcraft reforged. Hopefully that'll bring some old and new players back to Dota 1.
;)

But that will require the new patch, won't work with ENT unless there's some sort of new Dota 1 league going on in the actual Bnet. I was really looking forward to a possible 12v12 DOTA since that one patch upgrade.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

nitromon wrote:
Letbell wrote:I'm still waiting for Warcraft reforged. Hopefully that'll bring some old and new players back to Dota 1.
;)

But that will require the new patch, won't work with ENT unless there's some sort of new Dota 1 league going on in the actual Bnet. I was really looking forward to a possible 12v12 DOTA since that one patch upgrade.

Sources:
https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/2018/1 ... y-blizzcon
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/every ... -reforged/
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcr ... o-far/1574

I did some extend research and found out that both old map and custom game maps will still work on wc3 reforged, and players from classic can still match up against players in reforged.

Spoiler!
The game is compatible with the Classic Warcraft 3, so players playing the Classic version will be able to play against Reforged players and vice versa

However, there's no confirm information about auto-hosting in battle.net for reforged, but we just have to wait and see :3

PS: same, I'm also looking forward for 12v12 Dota, but hopefully editor for dota 1 is still around.
These users thanked the author Letbell for the post:
nitromon (Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:43 pm)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:22 am

I also did some research and found out reforged is a shitty remake that's responsible for ruining b.net.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”