Ideas about DotA matching system.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
monka5
Aura Tree

Re: Ideas about DotA matching system.

Postby monka5 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:01 am

Letbell wrote:Edit: tbh, supports will still have impact in all stages of the game whether it's -em or non-em mode.
Again maybe you're foreign or something but, this general statement doesn't defend your point that supports are more viable in -em than in non -em. The only argument you could ever make towards easy mode is that games are on average a bit on the shorter side (maybe by 10 minutes or so) but so what. I can see why an easy mode player wouldn't want it to change since the better player will have a stronger impact on the outcome of game while the weaker player's weaknesses will be more predominent and will show really quickly without a gold buffer that gets them to the next item timing. Easy mode caters to the noobs that build the same items every game on whatever hero they think its op without having to think about other factors like countering heroes with heroes/items/gameplay. Unironically its called easy mode because well its easier... but easier isn't better in a deeply strategical game like dota and the fact that its been hosted for this long still baffles me.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:27 am

@letbell You're telling me you play in 7k mmr bracket and spam magnus? Since its a meta hero since patch 7.20? I think you watch too much team liquid, or immortal rank pub games where every game has magnus/pa/am/bh and midas is bought on 80% of heroes. If you played in said bracket, you would find these ENT pub games excruciatingly painful to waste time in. Why even play here?

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote:@letbell You're telling me you play in 7k mmr bracket and spam magnus? Since its a meta hero since patch 7.20? I think you watch too much team liquid, or immortal rank pub games where every game has magnus/pa/am/bh and midas is bought on 80% of heroes. If you played in said bracket, you would find these ENT pub games excruciatingly painful to waste time in. Why even play here?

Reason why I switched and play here from time to time.
Spoiler!
The only reason I stick with this patch because of courier abuse and iO's healing threshold.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=139627

Also, it's easier to have a quick match compared to Dota 2 where it took like... 20-30 minutes to queue up especially the divine bracket and above in SEA and CN server. Sometimes, I have to smurf myself back to Archon/Legend bracket to have a quick queue, but the play-style is whack lol.
These users thanked the author Letbell for the post:
Prime987 (Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm)

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 pm

@letbell can you link your dotabuff?

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”