Ideas about DotA matching system.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
nitromon
Treant

Re: Ideas about DotA matching system.

Postby nitromon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 am

I'm actually seeing more high level players balancing the game these days rather than stack. But I think the reason is because some of these wait times are so long they know that a lot of players are watching the lobby from ENT website but refusing to join a stacked game. Even smurf accounts, they can at most play 1 or 2 games before people would avoid them too b/c of their KDR alone.

I think everything will resolve itself.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:20 am

I'm not a fan of ELO/K:D showing on the client. Would like to see that removed and just show ping.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
Prime987 (Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Astros wrote:I'm not a fan of ELO/K:D showing on the client. Would like to see that removed and just show ping.

Same.

I think Elo and K:D should be private and only people who can see them are friend added in your friend list on the forum, and the account should also be linked to the forum account. It would be cool if "Add friend" has its uses on forum. xD

YakOoM
Forest Walker

Postby YakOoM » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:33 am

What about a system that gives you a higher percentage of elo in relation of the games you play. And also the elo you lost in the relation of the enemies amount of games. So maybe when you play against 5 smurfers and lose, you will only loose 25% of the actualy elogame

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:03 pm

i think its about time ent started hosting -ap instead of -apem

YamiBakura32
Armored Tree

Postby YamiBakura32 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:52 pm

monka5 wrote:i think its about time ent started hosting -ap instead of -apem

What is the difference?
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT
I keep it real cause i'm not afraid to make enemies. YamiBakura32 - Best player on ENT

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:15 pm

YamiBakura32 wrote:What is the difference?

More than 6 heroes are viable

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:01 am

monka5 wrote:
YamiBakura32 wrote:What is the difference?

More than 6 heroes are viable

But... -em mode makes every heroes viables :(

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Letbell wrote:But... -em mode makes every heroes viables :(

Wrong. Less gold means cores reach timings later which means supports have more impact and laning stage actually matters

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 pm

monka5 wrote:
Letbell wrote:But... -em mode makes every heroes viables :(

Wrong. Less gold means cores reach timings later which means supports have more impact and laning stage actually matters

O_o As a support spammer.
All supports has impact on all stages of the game regardless if the enemy is 6 slotted

monka5
Aura Tree

Postby monka5 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem, but Im not saying you have zero impact with supports in -em i'm saying you have less of it when compared to non-em... Not sure I can dumb this down any further for you.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:46 pm

monka5 wrote:Not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem, but Im not saying you have zero impact with supports in -em i'm saying you have less of it when compared to non-em... Not sure I can dumb this down any further for you.

You're right.

"I have reading comprehension problem. Would you please enlighten me w/ some solid evidences that support in -em has less impact when compared to non-em mode? Thanks."

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Letbell wrote:
monka5 wrote:Not sure if you have a reading comprehension problem, but Im not saying you have zero impact with supports in -em i'm saying you have less of it when compared to non-em... Not sure I can dumb this down any further for you.

You're right.

"I have reading comprehension problem. Would you please enlighten me w/ some solid evidences that support in -em has less impact when compared to non-em mode? Thanks."

He's right. Supports have a bigger impact in non-EM games because every gold matters. In EM games, supports can run around doing whatever they want. non-EM is more structured. A bad support can really make a huge difference in non-EM mode moreso than with EM. In organized gameplays, that would be your evidence. I don't watch any of them but I'm sure you can find some on Twitch or YouTube of DotA 1 or DotA 2 games.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
Prime987 (Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:46 pm

supports in easy mode can feed 10 times, have 0 assists, never stack, never pull camps, never create space for cores, and still have euls/force/medallion/blink/aghas/every ward possible in 30 mins.

Supports in non-em die 5 times, and you won't have gold for anything other than boots, wand, blink/force, wards in a 45 min game. Spells have more value since they do not scale (300 damage nuke is strong in lane phase when carries are vulnerable to nukes, useless when everyone is 2.5k hp+), and before bkb's come online.

For someone who claims to be 5k MMR+ in dota 2, your game knowledge of roles is pretty poor @letbell

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 am

*sarcasms*
Call me dumb or whatever you want. I've played so many support games to the point where golds doesn't matter to me or if the enemy is 6 slotted before 26 minutes.

*wink wink*

TL;DR the following text below - Focus on Edit#3. Hence, that's why differences in mode and golds doesn't matter much to me.
Edit#1: tbh, supports will still have impact in all stages of the game whether it's -em or non-em mode.
Edit#2: People have their own opinion based on their experiences. I've played more support games compared to carries game.
Edit#3: @Astros's perspective is correct, but I played too much support game to the point where golds doesn't even matter for either support/carry. I'm more worry about my team doesn't know how to lane and control the flow of the game, and know when to push/group + buy the correct items.

Text have been cutted - ignore, but if you're interested to read what I've typed before
Spoiler!
More golds for supports? Doesn't matter.
Less gold for support? Doesn't matter.
Pick up the right items for support, and control the flow of the game made it easier for your carry to dominate the matches.

My perspective on carries on -em and non-em: Game over if enemy outplayed you.
My job is done as a support. If my carry on the team isn't fat enough to overwhelm the enemy or I did a poor job of not pressuring the enough.
Then it would be the support's fault, and not the carries.

How I climb MMR
Spoiler!
Spam enigma w/ helmet of domination and screw up an enemy's lane. (Very easy for 2-3k MMR or even 6K MMR)
Spam tuskar w/ mek and win any teamfight (Very easy for 4k MMR)
Spam iO w/ broken rework (Very easy for 5k MMR+). Hence, I'm still waiting iO to be unlock in captain mode after that 7.21 patches
Spam phoenix around 3k MMR if you want salty messages from the enemy team.
Spam magnus around 7K MMR if you want an easier game.

Although this is only happen in dota 2. Dota v6.83d is a whole different story.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”