Ideas about DotA matching system.

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
zcclark
Forest Walker

Ideas about DotA matching system.

Postby zcclark » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:09 pm

I am posting this thread just to throw some ideas here, I am not even sure if my idea is doable.

As we all know, the current phenomenon on ent is that ppl are playing with smurfs and the reasons we all know that the current elo system is too flawed and it is simply not worth it for high elo players to play on their high elo accounts, which they put a huge amount of time to achieve it. My suggestion is that while you are playing on smurfs, the ent bot could develop a matching system that would balance the game as fair as possible. Let me give you an example, lets say Saint joins a game with his smurf 1k elo ^^, then zam joins another smurf 1k elo ^^, and then smoker joins, another 1k elo, and 7 other players lets say all 1k elo. Well if saint zam and smoker are on same team and the other 5 1k elos on the other team, the scores are even 15-15; however, it is probably just gonna be a 25 min game. BUT, if somehow the ent bot will recognize that there are actually 3 high elo players in this game, it will be able to shuffle them to different teams, so the games will not be one-sided.

The principle is that even when you join a game with a smurf, the system still knows your true skill level (becoz the ent bot knows all the accounts associated with you) and then the bot will match the players with their true elo. The idea is to help players on ent to improve their experience in the game becoz recently I have noticed that ppl are complaining about games that not fair and one-sided.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Re: Ideas about DotA matching system.

Postby xSAINTx1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm

I agree. I don't like people pretending to be me in games too; it's very dishonest. @fast
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11678150

01:50 / Allied) tropangtrumpo: saint?
(01:55 / Allied) MidOrMeepo: i know you?
(02:00 / Allied) tropangtrumpo: lol yeah :D
(02:03 / Allied) MidOrMeepo: who is this
(02:12 / Allied) tropangtrumpo: worst player in FBG :D
(02:17 / Allied) MidOrMeepo: Gina? LOL
(02:22 / Allied) samu: the famous saint
(02:25 / Allied) samu: smoke likes you a lot
(02:25 / Allied) MidOrMeepo: haha
(02:28 / Allied) tropangtrumpo: x18x
(02:30 / Allied) MidOrMeepo: we friends now

YamiBakura32
Armored Tree

Postby YamiBakura32 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 am

I could only not to wish in my nighitmares to see these big 3 dota yokazunas in team stack and in hold of beer have potsdam conference together, debating with each other. I definitely dont wana imagine to see any mafias on ent dota.

P.S: I wish good luck for ent bot to know about all my 1.000 accounts associated with me to find out my true skill level. Haters gona hates.

- Joffrey Baratheon
Last edited by YamiBakura32 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT
I keep it real cause i'm not afraid to make enemies. YamiBakura32 - Best player on ENT

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:47 am

eh... well, that might resolve some unbalance issues, but there is really just no way to really balance it all out. I mean, honestly, I've seen so many skill differences between 2 players both at 1600 elo. I don't know why. There were 1600 elo guys that were fast, know team play, and really know what they were doing. Then I've seen 1600 elo guys that really have no idea what they were doing and I wonder how they got their elo.

Sometimes I think people either get intimidated by high elo and psyched out in the lobby already. Or on the flip side, and I know some of the high elo players in here have experienced this, where you are a high elo player and your team just watches you play all game and doesn't contribute then complains that you failed to carry them.

I mean that tusanik guy was at one point 1600 elo, now he's around 1100. Half the time he dicks around. When I see him in games I don't know whether I want to be on his team b/c he either does very well or he feeds and doesn't care. lol strange guy! How do we factor that in the equation?

zcclark
Forest Walker

Postby zcclark » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 am

YamiBakura32 wrote:I could only not to wish in my nighitmares to see these big 3 dota yokazunas in team stack and in hold of beer having potsdam conference together, debating with each other. I definitely dont wana imagine more of any mafias on ent dota.

P.S: I wish good luck for ent bot to know about all my 1.000 accounts associated with me to find out my true skill level. Haters gona hates.

- Joffrey Baratheon

I think if this is going to be implemented, bots will definitely just need to recognize the high elo accounts that you have in order to predict your skill level. Well, no system is perfect, but this system will at least be able to tell if a 1000 elo smurf is actually an above average or below average player.

zcclark
Forest Walker

Postby zcclark » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 am

nitromon wrote:eh... well, that might resolve some unbalance issues, but there is really just no way to really balance it all out. I mean, honestly, I've seen so many skill differences between 2 players both at 1600 elo. I don't know why. There were 1600 elo guys that were fast, know team play, and really know what they were doing. Then I've seen 1600 elo guys that really have no idea what they were doing and I wonder how they got their elo.

Sometimes I think people either get intimidated by high elo and psyched out in the lobby already. Or on the flip side, and I know some of the high elo players in here have experienced this, where you are a high elo player and your team just watches you play all game and doesn't contribute then complains that you failed to carry them.

I mean that tusanik guy was at one point 1600 elo, now he's around 1100. Half the time he dicks around. When I see him in games I don't know whether I want to be on his team b/c he either does very well or he feeds and doesn't care. lol strange guy! How do we factor that in the equation?

you are right Nitromon,it is actually a good point, ELO does not necessarily reflects true skill level, but dont forget even if players like Tusanik maybe initially recognized as a 1600 elo player, as he continued to play games and those games accumulates, it will eventually reflect his true skill level.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 am

zcclark wrote:Tusanik maybe initially recognized as a 1600 elo player, as he continued to play games and those games accumulates, it will eventually reflect his true skill level.

I think Tusanik is actually trolling, he got banned a couple of times lately for that. :? He looks like he's really bored with the game, he goes on these "build of the month" game plays. One time he was going MoM with every hero and now I think he is on VG with every hero. :lol:

One game I remember not too long ago, he went Sven. He went VG and his team instantly got mad at him. Then he farmed most of the game and we thought we had the game won. His team tried to kick him several times but he's like in that "fine line" of trolling where he does defend when needed, participated in major fights, but otherwise ignored his team. By lategame somehow he built a very powerful Sven with BKB and just repeatedly suicided our raxes single-handedly won the game. :o

He ended up with a feeding score, but won the game. These are factors elos and even KDR won't reflect unfortunately.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:19 am

@yamibakura32 LMFAO ENT mafia. Zam, smoker, product, myself and a few others play dota together almost every night on 1000 elo acct. If we played on main, game would be worth 0 elo every time. Haha, we still lose sometimes, to koreans or last pick cheese heroes. Often times we don't really play heroes we are best with, since 5 carries don't really work. So sometimes I play a support role, or whatever is needed. Games are fun when you can talk with friends on discord or other platforms, resulting in better overall communication, rotations, etc.

errdinosaur
Resource Storage

Postby errdinosaur » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 am

FireBlow wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQc2TvvXjo
this video someone posted
Tusanik 1700 elo goes 0-23 [ENT DOTA]

Tusanik is famous for this video 0-23 spectre.
he one of the worst DIhl player.

lol lets not make this thread into a bashing Tusanik thread.

Fast
Resource Storage

Postby Fast » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:31 pm

@xsaintx1

All I do is troll now. It seems every person that uses Meepo is automatically Saint. Games are dead and probably the same 20 people that play.

Every Meepo game I’ve used on Cruel “are you saint?” Imagine having to reply to that every game. It get’s tiring.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Just say no? lmfao. Must be hard living in my shadow puppy.

thorny
Basic Tree

Postby thorny » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

I do not know if this is possible, but even if it was, they wouldn't implement such a change.

On the side note.
xSAINTx1 wrote:I'm reformed. No longer toxic. Stay positive. You wont hear anymore insults from me :)

That didn't last long did it? XD

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:03 am

How was that toxic? All @fast has to say is "i'm not saint", but instead he types and pretends to be me, to people who I have played with for a year.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 am

I think BK bot used to have !alias to list an individual players whether they other account that has similar IP address range.
It was pretty much the only "anti-smurf" system that they have at that time before blizzard decided to fuck all host-bot. However, most people didn't like it, some stay and switch to ENT where it was easier to smurf, because you can't !alias people other than in-game mod/admin.

I highly doubt that ENT would enable !alias command to pub players as they can abuse it. Just like in Island defense where some mod are leaking people's smurf account and makes the game not fun anymore.

No perfect system existed
Spoiler!
Dota 2 ranked MMR match-making system also has similar issues where you queue up for a archon division (2520 to 3240 MMR) and match up with people from legend(3360 to 4080) & ancient division (4200 to 4920 MMR). It seem pretty unfair for players in the archon division to match up people who has better experiences and mechanic abuse.

There's no perfect system to match up with the right players that you want. You're forced to look for those players, hence that's why party existed. If you're solo queue and play as a support while baby sitting your carry who doesn't know how to last hit, farm, aggro, and deny. Then it's your fault for doing solo queue with some random stranger.

Getting good with the game can only get your as far as match up against 3 pre-made team.
Spoiler!
If you're keep playing games you're matching up with good player who knows to stomp pub (aka, saint, smoker, and others honorable mention). Learn from the replay that you're matched up against them.
If you want to get really good at dota. My only tip is play support, and let the casual player play carries. A good support will always win games.
Even if you have a god-tier carry (like Sumiya, Buttman, 小刘报, and 魏国.) won't always win games.

If ENT want implement a system where people can't smurf, boost, or stack, they need a ton of feedback and support from players in the suggestion section. It's gonna take a long time before it happen =:d

zcclark
Forest Walker

Postby zcclark » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:13 am

Letbell wrote:I think BK bot used to have !alias to list an individual players whether they other account that has similar IP address range.
It was pretty much the only "anti-smurf" system that they have at that time before blizzard decided to fuck all host-bot. However, most people didn't like it, some stay and switch to ENT where it was easier to smurf, because you can't !alias people other than in-game mod/admin.

I highly doubt that ENT would enable !alias command to pub players as they can abuse it. Just like in Island defense where some mod are leaking people's smurf account and makes the game not fun anymore.

No perfect system existed
Spoiler!
Dota 2 ranked MMR match-making system also has similar issues where you queue up for a archon division (2520 to 3240 MMR) and match up with people from legend(3360 to 4080) & ancient division (4200 to 4920 MMR). It seem pretty unfair for players in the archon division to match up people who has better experiences and mechanic abuse.

There's no perfect system to match up with the right players that you want. You're forced to look for those players, hence that's why party existed. If you're solo queue and play as a support while baby sitting your carry who doesn't know how to last hit, farm, aggro, and deny. Then it's your fault for doing solo queue with some random stranger.

Getting good with the game can only get your as far as match up against 3 pre-made team.
Spoiler!
If you're keep playing games you're matching up with good player who knows to stomp pub (aka, saint, smoker, and others honorable mention). Learn from the replay that you're matched up against them.
If you want to get really good at dota. My only tip is play support, and let the casual player play carries. A good support will always win games.
Even if you have a god-tier carry (like Sumiya, Buttman, 小刘报, and 魏国.) won't always win games.

If ENT want implement a system where people can't smurf, boost, or stack, they need a ton of feedback and support from players in the suggestion section. It's gonna take a long time before it happen =:d

Thx for the input letbell, but you kinda misunderstood my point. I am not actually anti-smurf, I play on smurf myself lol. I am just trying to make the bots balance the games even when ppl are playing with smurfs, so !alias function is not necessarily needed there, the host bot just have to balance the games based on the smurfs' true elo.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”