Masterkiller vs. EdgeOfChaos RESULTS

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Re: Masterkiller vs. EdgeOfChaos RESULTS

Postby Edgeofchaos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:40 am

There is no circumstance ever where you should get Dagon for mana. Instead, buy an item that is useful on your hero and/or cheap mana. For example, Soul Ring, or Point Booster if you want aghanims later, or Mana boots if you want a blood stone later. If you're a carry hero like Slark, buy Eye of Skaddi, it gives a shitload of mana and high utility. You can choose an item at random from any shop and there's a high chance it's better for mana than Dagon.

See I don't know or care whether you're kill stealing with spectre dagon and it doesn't matter. The problem is that it's not your job. Every hero in dota has a role, some have many roles they can choose from. Spectre's role is not to deal 400 magic damage. Spectre's role is to be a massive lategame carry that fights all five enemies at once and cuts them down, before focusing in on a priority target and eliminating them. There IS a right and wrong way to play dota heroes. Not every dota hero is made equal, their abilities dictate their role for the most part. Spectre's abilities do not synthesize well with dealing magic burst damage, they work well for sustained attacking and high HP. Other heroes' abilities do.

It's like a Skywrath Mage building a Buriza and Assault Curias. Yes it technically works: you can attack with skywrath, you can deal damage with autoattack, and you can win plenty of games doing this just because people are bad and will lose to anything. Yet most DotA players would still not accept this build since physical attacks are not Skywrath's job.

If you want to deal magical burst damage, that's completely fine. I love dealing magic damage. So play Lion, Lina, Leshrac, Ogre, Zeus, or any other of the vast amount of choices available to you. Not only is it their job to deal magic damage, but they do it even better! You don't even have to spent 2600 to deal magic damage, you deal it right away and you can put that gold towards some useful items.

Some players were yelling and angry b/c a support player was farming in lane with him and he's all "I'm the carry! You are stealing my farm rawr!!"

The meta for serious games is that supports prioritize denying/harassing/protecting the carry, while carries prioritize last hitting. I'm not insanely optimistic, I don't expect this to happen in ENT dota.

If you're playing spectre, your job is to last hit. If you're not last hitting, you are failing your team. If you can't last hit properly, then you should not play a carry.
EdgeOfChaos vs. Masterkiller bo3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141323

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 am

Edgeofchaos wrote:Spectre's role is to be a massive lategame carry that fights all five enemies at once and cuts them down, before focusing in on a priority target and eliminating them. There IS a right and wrong way to play dota heroes.

Yeah this has been discussed to death in other threads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you, not at all. But I tend to have a wider variety of playing styles and roles for certain heroes, not all of them just some. I'm a lot more accepting of clean up /assasin roles taken by dagon Furions, BH, SB, SA, etc... when your team doesn't have a Zeus or Invoker.

But I understand some people tend to stick to more traditional Specs, which is alright by me. One time I ran into Saint in the games on my team, he didn't know it was me. So naturally I did not go dagon b/c I knew he wouldn't approve. I went with a more conventional build rushing diffusal instead. Another time, like that one time I played against Letjing's Tinker, where I really wanted to beat him and build my Spec accordingly. If I remember correctly, I went Skadi + basher + manta to prevent him from escaping and just focused on him all game.

However, come on, it's ENT pub! :D

Though I play for fun, but I don't abuse the hero. A player who waits around to KS is the issue with the player, not the hero. I never level the dagon and it is used to balance my team when Ent pub allies decide to pick 3-4 carries after I picked Spec or picked 2 more 40 min effective heroes such as SK or Naix, or generally allows you to pop up behind enemy lines in team fights to quickly take out their silencer, lion, etc... early in the game. It is a strategic play.

But more so, I also use dagon spec to counter any hero that has natural passive defense against dps such as PA, Axe, LC, etc... it works extremely well early game to keep them down. It also works on Slarks, Clinkz, or any escape artist heroes. And it works on SBs, at least prevent them from early single kills on my snipers. Dagon spec is great for gank and anti-gank. After dagon, Spec still needs to gear his build for lategame.

But you're absolutely right, it probably won't work in an in-house game or against much more advanced players. But hey... it's ENT pub! And if you can't have fun, why play? :lol:

divinerape
Aura Tree

Postby divinerape » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 am

Stop talking crap. Dagon was pwning noobs since its was realsed even in-house you have trash players like Vaylen best Lina on Ent who has only Threads and Dagger in 20 minutes acting pro all game. King.Kar is one example.
These users thanked the author divinerape for the post:
UltraKill (Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:14 am)
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:14 pm

I mean yes it's ENT pub and you can win with any build because people are bad. But by intentionally using a bad build you also ruin the fun for others who were expecting you to play normally. Why does rushing a bad item mean you'll have "fun", I've never understood that argument. Spec is a better assassin without dagon; your radiance can deal 300 damage to the entire team without even casting anything, and then continue to deal damage as you reality. Diffusal blade can do something similar.

Diffusal rush is okay. Radiance rush usually works much better if the team has several squishy heroes. Proper radiance rush will hit around 16 minutes or a bit earlier if you farm well, a bit later if you get ganked. It's really hard for people to do anything about.

Also, go away @divinerape you're not the real divinerape and don't talk like him at all so you're not fooling anyone.

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 pm

nitromon wrote:
Edgeofchaos wrote:12 minute dagon is also late as hell in an apem game. If you can't get it by 10 minutes at the very latest, then don't build it. 6 minutes would be preferable, 8 minutes is still ok.

6 minutes?! you mean solo? I never solo. Yeah, I tend to avoid situation with you know... some players fighting over solo, runes, etc... I practically never get runes anymore. But yeah, I'm a terrible farmer, so I'm happy with a 12 min dagon. Then it is BAM! pew pew! :lol:

But I don't actually play that much spec, people just think that b/c I talk about it. I'm support player, anything from phoenix, to wyvern, to oracle, oh... trying to learn chen. ;)

6 min dagon is the worst case scenario actually :) if you simply jungle. It will be shorter if you get some kills/runes in the process. It will be longer if you die.
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm

UltraKill
Forest Walker

Postby UltraKill » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 pm

yeah, in a game where i got it after min 10 - i died for sure 1-2 times before getting it. 8 min dagon i get when i do sloppy farming and dont get rune. If I get rune and then straight jungle with no deaths - its 6 min.
aka furion[k:d] aka thecheekslapper aka thewhooper aka spanker aka bitchmaker aka ultrakill

divinerape
Aura Tree

Postby divinerape » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Edgeofchaos wrote:
Also, go away @divinerape you're not the real divinerape and don't talk like him at all so you're not fooling anyone.

I should tell you real divinerape with 2000 elo is me. Unless you see my skills in 1v1 you wouldn't be talking to me even if i wasn't.
Vaylen,Dortfort,King.Kar and Garrosh did nothing wrong Assholes. - divinerape Messiah of ENT

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm

No you aren't, and he wasn't 2k. Pm me the ninja pic if you want me to believe you.

divinerape
Aura Tree

Postby divinerape » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Edgeofchaos wrote:No you aren't, and he wasn't 2k. Pm me the ninja pic if you want me to believe you.

I told you didn't belive me. Do you belive me now

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 pm

That's not the right one... which is weird since it seems like the one you sent wasn't taken off google images.
Also divinerape's real account is called @not2000ELO

divinerape
Aura Tree

Postby divinerape » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Keep dreaming about seeing that picture again in first place fool. Real Divinerape player me played on Ohs,proved best OHS Dota player for defeating PeachTree aka AyyLmao. I will give you praise for efforts for exposing google image search. Here are your credits: I invented Jungle in Dota

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Edgeofchaos » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Just stop, vaylen. Stop while you're behind.

RealDR
Basic Tree

Postby RealDR » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 am

Edgeofchaos wrote:No you aren't, and he wasn't 2k. Pm me the ninja pic if you want me to believe you.

Whoaaa buddy. Just to clear some things up. I was 1900-2000 ELO on at least 4-5 accounts started from scratch. I was also a much better player than you’ll ever be :lol:
Also, I did beta test for IceFrog for at least 5 months. No need to spread lies

https://ibb.co/jf6KMSn

not2000elo
Armored Tree

Postby not2000elo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 am

And thanks for reminding me what my old account was. Seems I’m getting old :lol:

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”